Chapter 15

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonbin couldn’t stand the waiting, so he decided to return to the student council office. When he spotted Jiwoo heading to the faculty room, he followed her to offer assistance. Then he spotted Eunseok with her, though Wonbin was well aware of her strong interests for Eunseok. He hesitated in approaching her, deciding to give them space, but grew uneasy when Eunseok led Jiwoo to an empty room.

 

Luckily, the door was open, and he saw them talking. His anger flared as he saw Eunseok pin Jiwoo against the wall, clearly frightening her. Wonbin knew Jiwoo could defend herself, but was it wise to do so?

 

He was on the verge of entering the room in a fit of rage when Eunseok asked Jiwoo if she wanted to date him. In that moment, Wonbin’s heart shattered, and he couldn’t bear to hear her response. He left without a word, a mixture of anger, heartbreak, and frustration bubbling inside. Jiwoo had always been vocal about her feelings for Eunseok, and she was undeniably in love with him, she said.

 

As Seunghan and Shotaro were about to leave the room, Jiwoo arrived, relieved to see Wonbin. She reached for his shoulder, but he avoided her and walked away, leaving her bewildered.

 

“What’s wrong?” she stammered, rushing to catch up to him after grabbing her bag. “Hey, Wonbin! Wait up!”

 

Seunghan and Shotaro exchanged glances and followed the two. Even on the way to the bus stop, Wonbin continued to ignore Jiwoo, no matter how hard she tried to get his attention. Seunghan and Shotaro were starting to feel sorry for Jiwoo, who had worked so diligently to capture Wonbin’s interest, until she gave up.

 

“What did I do?” Jiwoo asked, her shoulders slumping.

 

“I don’t know,” Seunghan shrugged. “It’s been a long day. Don’t worry about him right now.”

 

“No, I can’t just let this go,” Jiwoo said firmly, breaking into a run to catch up to Wonbin.

 

“Wonbin! Talk to me,” she implored, grabbing his hand. But Wonbin, lost in his thoughts, abruptly pulled his hand away.

 

“Park Wonbin, if you’re going to ignore me one more time, I’ll ignore you forever,” Jiwoo warned.

 

Wonbin stopped, and it gave Jiwoo a glimmer of hope that he might listen. He turned to her slowly and uttered, “So be it.”

 

“HEY!!” Seunghan and Shotaro yelled, rushing to the scene. Seunghan confronted Wonbin, shoving him, his anger evident. Wonbin remained silent and unresponsive, his anger mixed with hurt clearly visible to his friend.

 

Wonbin struggled to control his emotions, but Seunghan could see that beneath the anger, his friend was deeply wounded. Seunghan sighed in defeat, bowed politely to apologize to Jiwoo, and then excused himself and Wonbin.

 

“Park Wonbin!” Jiwoo called out on him.

 

“If you don’t tell us what’s going on, we can’t help fix it,” Jiwoo said, making her way toward them. She bumped int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter