Chapter 6

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their conversation, Jiwoo seemed to have turned her attention away from Wonbin. She had returned to her solitary world and would only talk to Seunghan when it came to representative tasks. Aside from that, she was all alone.

 

Every day, Wonbin couldn't help but notice Jiwoo standing by the exit door of the building, waiting for someone. He observed her standing there for an hour, seemingly frozen in place. He could see this from a distance, as he began spending more time at school because of his jamming sessions with Suyoung.

 

Suyoung tried to invite Jiwoo to join them from time to time, but Jiwoo consistently declined, choosing to spend her time alone. This piqued Wonbin's curiosity because the Jiwoo he talked to a few weeks ago was not the same Jiwoo he was seeing now.

 

It was a Wednesday afternoon, and everyone was stressed about their quiz on the parts of the cell. Everyone seemed unable to remember anything, except for Jiwoo, who scored perfectly. She had been excelling in all of her recent lessons, from Algebra and Science to History, which required memorizing many terms.

 

"Exams are coming," Seunghan mentioned as he was packing his bag. "Want to study at home?"

 

"No, thanks," Wonbin replied coldly.

 

"Why? Planning to join Suyoung's group?" Seunghan teased. But Wonbin, unknown to Seunghan, was waiting for Jiwoo to leave so that he could follow her. But she was just there, sitting idly for a few minutes, until the rest of the class had left.

 

When the bell rang, she got up and left in a hurry, which surprised Wonbin and prompted him to hurry after her. "Let's go."

 

"Go where? Ya!" Seunghan yelled and chased Wonbin.

 

Jiwoo was a fast walker. She exited the building and went to the football field, stopping to watch the football players rehearse. She pulled out her sketchpad and began sketching meticulously. Quietly, Wonbin sneaked behind her, making sure Seunghan was quiet too.

 

He didn't get too close to her and sat at the bleachers, far enough not to be recognized or noticed. Jiwoo was sketching carefully, and Wonbin i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter