Chapter 12

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mall was still packed despite the fact that it was already closing time. Seunghan was with his parents having dinner in a restaurant when he happened to spot Jiwoo walking outside, carrying bags of groceries. He excused himself and rushed outside.

 

"Shim Jiwoo!" he shouted with a big smile on his face. She stopped and turned to him, and he ran excitedly toward her.

 

"Oh, Seunghan," she smiled. "Nice to see you outside of school."

 

"Yeah, I'm with my parents now. We're having dinner," Seunghan said, scratching the back of his head. He then noticed the bags she was carrying. Her small hands were already red from carrying those heavy bags. "Out grocery shopping?"

 

Jiwoo nodded. "Yes, getting the groceries falls on me," she explained.

 

"Are you heading home?" Seunghan asked, to which Jiwoo nodded. "Okay, wait for me, okay? I'll be real quick," he said and ran back to the restaurant to ask his parents to wait for him. They both agreed, which he was glad about. On his way out, he bought her a coffee drink and two freshly baked croissants to go.

 

He returned to find Jiwoo waiting for him on the side street. "Sorry, did I take long?"

 

She shook her head sideways and smiled. "What is it that you want to tell me?" she asked.

 

"Oh no, I don't have anything to say. I just want to help you carry these bags to the bus stop," he explained and began to pick up the bags from the ground.

 

"Seunghan, no! It's okay! You don't have to—"

 

Seunghan hissed and stepped away from her reach. "I insist. Instead, eat this," he said and handed her the paper bag. "The bus stop is quite a long way to go, and these are heavy." He could tell that Jiwoo had been carrying these bags for quite a while because her hands were very red, and she looked tired.

 

"Will you be okay? How about your parents? You said you're having dinner with them," Jiwoo said, concerned that she was ruining their family time.

 

"It's okay. I told them," he winked. "So, sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter