Chapter 18

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwoo’s life had been a whirlwind of activity and excitement since the formation of the Mars Club, led by the inspiring Sohee. The preparations for the cultural festival were in full swing, and their classmates were diligently completing their tasks, enabling them to be nearly finished by the third day of setup. This progress gave them the luxury of extra time to focus on practicing for their upcoming performances.

 

Sohee’s dedication extended to arranging their practice schedules, with two hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon dedicated to perfecting their performances. The trio of Sohee, Seunghan, and Wonbin poured their hearts into their practice sessions, motivated by Sohee’s guidance and leadership.

 

Reconciliation had brought relief to the group, with Seunghan and Wonbin mending their friendship after an apology from the latter. The same went for Shotaro, who received an apology from Wonbin for the incident involving Jiwoo. However, Jiwoo couldn’t help but sense Suyoung’s ambiguous attitude towards her. While they still interacted, Jiwoo felt that something had changed; her friend’s interactions felt insincere compared to their earlier days.

 

Amid these preparations and reconciliations, Jiwoo was actively helping the council secretary, Miyoung, with paperwork. She admired Miyoung for her beauty, kindness, and approachability, seeing her as a role model. Whenever the boys didn’t have practice, Jiwoo spent her time in the council room, providing her support.

 

One day during their break, Miyoung surprised Jiwoo with a can of orange juice, which Jiwoo enjoyed with enthusiasm. Miyoung, always friendly, asked Jiwoo about her class’s progress.

 

“They are doing great, and we’re very excited since this is our first event as a class,” Jiwoo replied, her cheeks tinged with excitement.

 

Miyoung chuckled, reminiscing about her own experiences just a year ago. “It is going to be fun,” she assured Jiwoo. As the time approached for her to leave the room, she offered some instructions: “Just lock the door before you leave, okay? And, oh, make sure to keep the storage room door open when you return the tools inside. The inside knob is jammed.”

 

“Okay, unni,” Jiwoo nodded with a cheeky smile. “Take care.” She then finished her drink and proceeded to organize the remaining papers in the box.

 

As Jiwoo worked diligently on the task, she suddenly felt a presence, as if a pair of eyes were watching her. She shivered, feeling a chill run down her spine. Alarmed, she called out to Miyoung, but there was no response. She checked the hallway, finding it empty, with the boys still practicing in the classroom. She decided to return to her work, although an unsettling feeling lingered.

 

When Jiwoo finally completed her task and gathered all the tools in a box, she made her way to the storage room. She remembered Miyoung’s instructions and had even placed sticky tape on the door’s blocker to prevent it from accidentally locking her inside. Jiwoo was confident that the door wouldn’t close since she had left it wide open.

 

However, unbeknownst to her, someone sinister had been lurking, waiting for the right moment to trap her. As she entered the storage room carrying the box, the trap was set in motion. Within seconds, a hand forceful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter