Chapter 2

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonbin couldn't be bothered by the whispers and opinions floating around him. He was well aware of his good looks, but he knew that unveiling his face would only bring more trouble than it was worth. Besides, his best friend Seunghan relished in the attention.

 

"You look utterly ridiculous, you know," Wonbin remarked as they finally approached their classroom door. He pointed to the sign above the door: Class 1-B. "This is it."

 

Seunghan, a friend from middle school, chuckled. "Can't believe we're still in the same class. It's been four years, and yet..."

 

"And yet, you're still insufferable," Wonbin teased, pushing Seunghan aside to enter the classroom. He paused for a moment to scan the available seats. There were a few empties at the back, but Wonbin preferred to sit near the front to stay focused. Unfortunately, the only available seat in the front row was quickly claimed by Seunghan.

 

"Sorry, man, finders keepers," Seunghan quipped.

 

Despite Seunghan's cockiness and arrogance, Wonbin considered him the best friend he could ask for. If it weren't for Seunghan, he might still be struggling as he did before. So, he often let Seunghan have his way.

 

Wonbin had been a constant target of bullying because of his reserved and enigmatic nature. He didn't fight back and avoided confrontations, but that didn't seem to deter his tormentors. Then Seunghan came into the picture, bravely standing up for him. Though Seunghan could be arrogant due to his good looks, he was never too proud to protect those in need. He took punches from bullies on Wonbin's behalf. In return, Wonbin vowed to be his friend for life.

 

Their homeroom teacher, Mr. Park, entered the room, immediately noting Wonbin's masked and concealed appearance.

 

"Alright, everyone, remove your caps, masks, and any other face-obscuring items," Mr. Park instructed. All eyes turned to Wonbin as he hesitantly revealed his face.

 

The girls gasped and began discussing his looks.

 

"Quiet down, please. I'll ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter