Chapter 17

Beyond the Bell's Chime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohee was already engrossed in discussing plans for their upcoming event. He had stayed up all night brainstorming potential members for the boy band “Mars Club” and was eager to share his ideas with Suyoung and the rest of the class.

 

“Mars Club, that sounds cool. It feels like a real band,” Suyoung remarked after reading the plan. As she perused the list of potential members, she noticed Wonbin’s name.

 

“You got his agreement, right?” Sohee asked her, unsure whether Wonbin would be willing to join given their recent interactions.

 

At that moment, Seunghan entered the room, and Sohee eagerly approached him. “Yo!” Seunghan greeted him warmly, and Sohee wasted no time in offering him a spot in the band.

 

“Only if I can be the face of the group,” Seunghan quipped with a wink and a laugh. Sohee agreed with a grin, sealing the deal.

 

Sohee then turned to Suyoung and gave her a thumbs-up sign, indicating that Seunghan had accepted the invitation. Soon after, Wonbin arrived, and Sohee greeted him as he took his seat.

 

“Wonbin, you’re part of the band,” Sohee declared. Wonbin, initially appearing uninterested, sighed and reluctantly nodded, agreeing to join.

 

Sohee jubilantly pumped his fist in the air, while Suyoung couldn’t help but be impressed by how Sohee handled the two guys in joining his band. It seemed like he has a charm to make the coldest personality to warm up a bit.

 

“Okay, just one more person to complete the team,” Sohee announced, creating a sense of anticipation in the room. As he walked around the class, everyone wondered who the last member would be. Finally, he stopped at the door and pointed at Jiwoo, who had just entered the room.

 

“You! Shim Jiwoo, you’re the manager!” Sohee declared.

 

Everyone turned to look at Jiwoo, who had a different appearance that day, with her hair styled in lower twin buns adorned with light green ribbons. It was a striking change from her usual free-flowing or loosely tied hair.

 

Sohee was momentarily stunned, mistakenly thinking Jiwoo was a classmate. He apologized and quickly realized that it was indeed Jiwoo.

 

“Sohee,” Jiwoo said, “stop joking,” with a pout, before making her way to her seat. She happened to catch Wonbin glancing at her.

 

“You look adorable with that hairstyle,” Suyoung complimented Jiwoo as she sat beside her. “Is it a new look?”

 

Jiwoo shook her head. “No, my mom did it for me,” she chuckled.

 

“No, it suits you really well!” Suyoung said, tapping her hand playfully.

 

“Thank you,” Jiwoo responded shyly, feeling good despite her anxieties related to Wonbin. But Suyoung then called out to Wonbin.

 

“Hey, Wonbin, Jiwoo looks nice, don’t you think?” Suyoung asked, drawing the attention of their classmates, especially Seunghan.

 

However, Wonbin ignored Suyoung, and this caused others to start discussing the apparent tension between him and Jiwoo.

 

“Are they fighting?” one of their classmates whispered to another. Wonbin heard the whispers but remained unfazed, and he didn’t make an effort to engage with Seunghan, who had ignored him when they met at the school gate.

 

Sensing the discord between the three, Suyoung decided to inquire about the situation when she me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter