He will be hurt even more

Let it rain

'Jiae.''

 

After he said this name he paused for a bit. It seemed that he had to make an effort to speak about it.

 

''She was my sister. She was a very bright person and behaved like she was my older sister eventhough she was 2 years younger than me. She really cared for me. But then there was that car accident. The doctors could save her, but finally they couldn't. Until now, I don't understand it... I just saw her on the death table the last time and called for her, but she couldn't speak to me anymore. Since then I never set one feet in a hospital. And I will never.''

 

I was shocked. Two shocking stories on that night were too much.

 

'''Stay strong. Don't die in that young age. Like me. Live. Live...' were her last words she strained to say when she lied on the ground full of her blood'', Woohyun continued.

Finally a ''I'm sorry'' left my mouth.

At once I hold him tighter. I was thinking 'Stop talking about it. It's so cruel', but I was the one who demanded him to say it.

I couldn't do it.

Woohyun suddenly said: ''Don't cry. I will stop here.''

''Cry?''

I let go of him and touched my face.

Indeed, I started to cry when he told me everything.

''It's so sad and cruel when someone you love leaves you...''

I even started to cry much more when I said it because it was reminding me of my past. Eventhough it was not like the loss that Woohyun felt.

''I'm sorry Woohyun. So sorry.''

''It's okay. Don't cry.''

''I didn't want you to remember something like that..''

He didn't say anything. He just hold me and let me cry.

Suddenly it was like Woohyun had to comfort me.

I couldn't control myself. My tears just rolled and rolled down.

In these tears full of empathy the night got me another time.

 

It was a bit difficult to breathe so I just woke up and found myself wrapped in Woohyun's arms.

We lied on his couch and he was still sleeping.

Exept of his breath there was no sound. Indeed, it was very quiet.

But then I noticed something else.

It was his heartbeat.

I turned my head a bit and moved it nearer his chest.

My ear was now just some centimetres from his heart apart.

And I could hear his heartbeat very clear.

Life can sometimes be that cruel. I felt bad for him, but I shouldn't feel like that because he would hate it.

He said it clearly that he didn't want to tell me since he was worried that I would treat him in a different way.

If I behave different he will be hurt even more.

Suddenly Woohyun moved a bit and interrupted my thoughts about him.

I got up and searched for the bathroom to refresh myself, but when I returned he wasn't sleeping on his couch anymore.

Then I heard the noise of water boiling, so I went to the kitchen and found a half awaken Woohyun with his untidy hair.

''Oh? Oppa? You're awaken?''

''It was suddenly getting cold. So I had to get up'', he said with a smile.

''So it was my fault?''

''Haha, maybe? What kind of tea do you want? Peppermint or cherry?''

''Uhm, uhm, ehhhh?''

''Just choose. Sorry, that I have only these two.''

''No, uhm then I choose the cherry one.''

''Okay'', he said and turned his head back to the teabags.

Immediately I grabbed his hands and took those. Startled he looked at me and said with widened eyes: ''What?''

''Just let me do it. Go, and wash your face and also comb your hair. You look so funny.''

He laughed and gave me a slight shove.

''Yes, mummy.'' With that he vanished in the bathroom.

I giggled and went to the cups to put the teabags in.

Suddenly my smartphone started to ring.

When I saw on the display it showed an unknown number.

 

''Uhm, hello?''

''______-ah?''

I paused for a while.

This was the voice of someone I knew but I couldn't recognize it promtly.

The manly voice asked again: ''Hello?''

This voice...Really? It could just be him...but impossible...

 

''H-Hoya-oppa?''