Smiling always in that annoying way

Let it rain

I watched carefully.

 

When I observed everything my hate towards those kind of girls started to grow bigger and bigger.

They walked while wobbing with their butts in an exaggerated way towards the table where Woohyun sat and one of them placed herself at the seat where I sat minutes before and the other one just leaned on her chair.

Woohyun was surprised at first, but smiled after seconds.

I wondered why he always smiled to girls. Even to those divas. Everytime. Everywhere.

What's with this guy?! Don't be like this!

They talked for a while and I noticed how often the girls threw back their hair.

The girl sitting on my seat glanced in my direction and as she found me she grined in a sardonic way.

I didn't know what they were talking about, but he didn't stop to smile.

That smile that was slowly going on my nerves.

 

I just wanted to take a step towards them, but stopped as I saw the girls seemed to prepare to leave.

The girl who was sitting in front of Woohyun took a sheet of paper out of her bag and scribbled something on it before both girls winked simultaneously and walked away wobbing again with their butts in their exaggerated way. I noticed that one girl gave me a last glimpse and obviously sneered at me.

 

What was the meaning of this?!

 

I wanted to return, but noticed that I didn't buy the hot chocolate yet and also left the quere before.

In this case I had to line up again or Woohyun would ask.

Since this coffeeshop was rather popular I had to wait for like the infinity before I could order.

I went back to the place where Woohyun was waiting.

 

Hey, your hot chocolate shouldn't be a hot chocolate now, huh?”, I asked when I saw that he hadn't drunk a bit.

Oh! Yeah...” He said while stirring in his cup.

This makes me feel a bit bad. It's my fault. You haven't had to wait for me to drink it!”

Never mind. I'm glad that you finally found your seat again.”

What do you mean? Do you think I lost my way here, or what?”

He didn't answered, but just chuckled a bit.

Hey, I just saw two girls came over to this table and talked to you. What did they want?”

Oh, you noticed it? This has been a while. However, are you curious?”

O-of course, no! I'm...just...a bit...curious...”

Woohyun giggled before he answered my question.

Those girls talked to me since they never had seen me before in this coffeeshop. They were just wondering and wanted to talk to me. Hmm...they seem like nice girls eventhough I don't-”

“”Nice girls”? No, no, no, you were deceived. They insulted me and didn't stop to brag around. I thought you would detect that they aren't 'nice girls'!”

They seem really nice to me. What did they actually say to you that you hate them?”

In my anger I just started to talk nonstop leaving Woohyun with big eyes.

They said I'm ugly. They compared me with them and stated that I'm ugly! So much ugly that I would never suit next to you and you finally just hang out with me just because you pity me. How can they compare me with them, huh? Do they think they are the best? It's said that everyone is beautiful in their own way, right? So why comparing? The appearance is also not the only criteria for choosing friends-as long as you have fun. Aish, and they bragged so much around that I wanted to punch them into their face. I mean they sounded like they were telling me that I'm just nothing. Then should I hang out with 'nothing'? Woah, and the arrogant way they talked, aish...they just claimed for punching in their beautiful faces-”

Hey, hey, breathe.”

Immediately I paused and took back my breath. Woohyun looked a bit worried, but didn't say anything.

When I calmed down I noticed he still looked at me. He must see how embarrassed I felt now.

To cap it all he suddenly asked:

You said you wouldn't suit me? What do you mean with this?”

I looked with widened eyes at my cup. I didn't dare to look up.

After a few seconds I noticed that he really waited for an answer.

Why, why ,why, why, why, why is he asking? This isn't even the point...!

Uhm, uhm, it was them who said it, not me...”

Then what did they mean with this?” He saw straight into my eyes.

What was he thinking? Didn't he really know or did he want to see me turning into a fool for another time?

They...they thought we were a...a...yeah, a...”

With all embarrassment in my face I grabbed my cup and wanted to take a sip as I felt the heat on my tongue. Immediately I spilled the drink on the table.

It seemed that the embarrassments wouldn't stop when I'm with that guy.

Aigoo, ________-ah! What are you doing?”, he said while taking a tissue.

Suddenly Woohyun got up and came near me reaching his hand with the tissue towards my mouth.

Waaaaah!!! What is he doing?

I felt immediately that my head went slowly red.

As he blotted dry the area around my mouth I couldn't see into his face so I squeezed my eyes.

In that time I couldn't move nor couldn't think about what to do.

When I felt that he was done I slowly opened my eyes seeing him right in front of me asking me:

Are you okay?”

He rumpled the tissue and sat down again.

Uhm, uhm-”

Don't mind these girls because you are not ugly at all. If you will be angry at those kind of girls you will only get wrinkles.”

He gave a smile. This smile again...

Even now I couldn't arrange myself and couldn't find any words to say. In such a state I was at that time.

Aisssh, _________-ah! I said that you aren't ugly so don't look like that anymore!”

How could he demand that from me without thinking about what he just did and said.

 

Woohyun-oppa?”

Yes?”

You don't think that I am ugly?”

Yes, I said-”

Do you often say this to girls you are meeting?”

I saw his surprised face, but this is a question I was curious about.

I was curious about if he says it to girls while he was always smiling. Smiling always in that annoying way.

 

I...”

 

Suddenly the ringtone of his phone started to sound. He looked at it and immediately stood up.

Sorry, _______-ah. My noona called before when you were in the quere and is waiting outside now. See you tomorrow in school, okay?”

He gave a slight bow with his head before leaving the coffeeshop.

I looked out the window finding his noona getting out her car.

Last time I hid myself behind a bush after he called her.

This time is the first time I could see her.

They hugged each other and Woohyun seemed really happy.

To me, Woohyun's smile towards his noona looked brighter in comparison to the smiles he showed to other girls. And me.

Before they left this place he looked into the shop for a last time, but I immediately looked down and stirred nervously in my cup.

Through the corners of my eyes I saw them finally driving away.

 

 

In the end, he didn't finish the hot chocolate he paid for and didn't answer my question.

 

 

I'm curious how often he thinks that his noona is pretty.

 

 

Because she surely is...

 

 

Compared to me.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Finally a new chapter ;)

I hope you liked it <3