The liar who was suffering

Let it rain

Slowly I opened my eyes when I noticed my ringtone started.

With a half of an eye I glimpsed at the display and got frightened when I saw that my dad was calling me.

I got even more frightened when he stopped to call and the display showed that I missed 9 calls of him and my mother.

Quickly I called them back hearing them answering very fast and shouting:

''________-ah! Where are you? Why didn't you answer any calls from us?!! Are you okay?!''

''Sorry, dad. Sorry, mum. I'm at a friend's house...''

I looked around and noticed that I was lying in his bed under a warm blanket.

''We are preparing for our presentation next week. You know, I usually call you before, but I forgot this time.

Sorry to worry you!''

''Aigoo, my heart... You know how to worry your parents! Should I come and pick you up?''

''Uhm..no, no. It's okay. I will stay here...We didn't finish our project yet so we will work overnight.''

''Okay, _________-ah. Be hard working, but don't exaggerate!''

''Thank you dad, mum...and sorry for worrying you...''

''It's okay. We just had a heart attack. Have a good night and bye.''

''You, too. Bye.''

 

This was how my acting ended.

I didn't want to lie to my parents, but how could I tell them easily that I'm at a guy's house and forgot to call and tell them. This would be just an exhaustion.

Silently I put the warm blanket aside and got up.

I went to the door. I noticed that the gap I made between the door and the door frame disappeared.

Slowly I pushed the handle down and watched through the bigger becoming gap.

In the living room there wasn't any sound nor did I find Woohyun or someone else there.

When I took some steps out of his bedroom I noticed Woohyun sleeping soundless on the couch.

I turned back in his room and took the blanket in which my warmth was still in.

Carefully I started to cover Woohyun and thought again:

 

How he fooled me and told me lies.

How he kept being silent and pretended to be happy.

How he wanted to be friends with me without trusting me.

And how he could smile, but suffering the whole time.

 

Then I took my hand and went slightly through his hair.

His soft hair. The hair of a liar. The liar who was suffering. The sufferer who wasn't trusting anyone.

 

''Don't look at me with this kind of eyes.''

Then Woohyun just opened his eyes and looked straight in my eyes. For a second I got startled, but I tried to act normal.

''You surely had heard it all, right? I am sor-

''No, no. It is okay. Now that I know this...it is okay...I was just a bit surprised.''

He could see in my face that I was really disappointed.

''________-ah. I'm sorry. I have thought that this would be the best if you don't know and be as usual to me like to others. I didn't want to worry you, but keep a normal friendship. I didn't want to burden you...''

''And you think I would never notice that you have something cronical?! I know I am not the smartest girl and I am very naive and-!''

''________-ah, ________-ah, don't misunderstand! I don't want to burden you, that's all!''

''Since I heard about it before you can tell me directly what's wrong, right?''

''….....''

''Woohyun-oppa. Don't be like that or I will...''

I had to think about the right words before I could say it. But after thinking about it, it was a bit cruel, but I would indeed be like that. ''Or I will hate you!''

He sat up and patted on the place next to him. He setted up his mind and started:

''Don't hate me. I will tell you.''

I saw that a slight, forced smile was formed with his mouth.

''I have got a heart failure.''

''W-wha-''

Then how could he smile about it?!

''I have got a heart failure since I was born, but the symptomes aren't that heavy. Just sometimes when I'm overstraining myself. It is a bit hard, but I could handle with it until now...''

''A-are you tired of living or why do you want to live alone then?! How can your parents allow that?!''

''I couldn't stand it at home. Since I was young my parents kept me at home. Just being too overprotective and more. I wasn't able to live my childhood. Even if my life is short I can live my life now. Finally they let me go because the steady contention affected my health, too...''

I was still in a shock and my head was blank.

He? A heart failure?

''Your mother talked about an operation. It can change your life. Everything can be alright! Then why-?''

''No...''

I expected him to continue, but he didn't.

''What ''no''?! This operation can change everything! Why do you refuse to it? It's a good thing!''

Suddenly Woohyun started to giggle.

''You can't understand... my feelings. You don't have to care about it.''

He didn't stop to smile, but he didn't look at me. He just looked on the table with the school materials I just brought hours before.

At once I took his face and turned it to me.

''I have told you before. Why do I have to repeat myself so often? You don't have to smile if you don't feel like that! And I AM your friend so why don't you trust me and tell me?!''

He looked at me until he took my hands from his face and moved his arms around my waist.

His face hidden behind my shoulder.

''O-oppa?!'', I stuttered by surprise.

''Just for a moment...''

''Only if you tell me why you don't agree to an operation...''