Page Seven: Locked Up, Pent Up

Meant For Me

 

Page Seven: Locked Up, Pent Up

 

 

“What if I tell you that locking us up wasn’t Minho’s idea?” Seunghyun asked, breaking the silence that was going on for a while.

 

I dared not to look at his direction and especially his face. I’m afraid that when my eyes met his, it would show my feelings that were deeply buried inside me. Feelings that I rather kept to myself than speak off it to anyone else except to Minho and Hyesun. I can feel his stares burning on my side and it started to feel uncomfortable.

 

“And you want me to believe it wasn’t?” I asked back as if blocking any other implications he wanted to set up. Still avoiding his eyes, I snorted and added, “He’s been my friend since I’m in diapers. This kind of thing is just his specialty.”

 

“That’s why I’m asking the ‘what if’ question.” Seunghyun uttered. His voice was mixed with frustration. I think I heard him sigh as he continued, “Given that it was Minho’s specialty and I’m asking you again, what if it wasn’t his idea, after all?”

 

I took a deep breath and my fist formed a tight circle to gather courage in facing him. Slowly, I turned around to face him and saw him leaning quite ily on the black leather couch with a knowing smirk plastered on his face. Holy mackerels. I thought. This guy should be jailed for having a killer smile and I’m sure he knew it.

 

“If what you’re implying was hypothetically correct, then whose idea was this then?” I asked even if I can already guess it. He was about to answer it when I cut him off with an annoyed tone, “It’s not a good idea at all and I’m way annoyed at this prank.”

 

“You consider this annoying?” Seunghyun asked. I nodded.

 

“You consider this as a prank?” Seunghyun asked with disbelief settling on his eyes. I nodded.

 

“You consider this as an annoying prank?” Seunghyun asked frustratingly. Instead of nodding, my lips twitched in a corner and a slight frown formed on my forehead as I answered him wryly, “When did you become like a broken record?”

 

“I just can’t believe you find this annoying at all.” Seunghyun blurted out. “Most girls find this kind of thing a little bit romantic.”

 

“I’m not most girls.” I replied.


“I can see that.” Seunghyun said as he brushed his hair up. Then I added, “I’m a realist.”

 

“Yoona likes such stuffs.” Seunghyun commented without meaning anything. I knew that but one way or the other, I felt hurt by his word and I answered abruptly, “I’m not Yoona.”

 

He was surprised at the way I spoke those words and I can see regret flooded in his eyes as he mumbled, “I’m glad you’re not.”

 

I brushed my hand over my face in frustration before I was able to utter another word.

 

“Are you two having some problems lately?” I asked as I decided to occupy the empty space beside him. I guess I should make myself a bit more comfortable since I was locked up with him. I gulped before I continued, “I was just talking to her earlier.”

 

“What did she say?” Seunghyun asked with a sullen face.

 

“Nothing much. She just said she didn’t know you were working for the council. She misses you.” I said and sugar coating the words Yoona told me earlier. I stole a glance at him and saw a troubled expression popped up. “I think you should spend more time with her. We only have few more things to settle and we’re good. Hyunjoong would be enough for us then.” He remained silent and I mistook it as I sign to continue, “I’m sorry if the council caused you trouble with Yoona.”

 

“She told you she wanted me to stop coming here.” Seunghyun said with dark clouds looming above his head.

“No, she told me she misses you.”

 

“And we both know its bull.” Seunghyun cursed as he slammed his hand on his lap.

 

I felt fear rushed through my veins and this was the second time around that I saw him. I stayed silent and stopped moving for a while until he managed to calm down.

 

When he has finally calmed down, I mumbled, “She loves you.”


“Right.” Seunghyun agreed sarcastically. “Because her trophy boyfriend was nowhere to be found.”

 

“Seung—” I was about to say when he startled me as he suddenly leaned closer and caressed my cheeks gently. So gentle that it hurts my heart.

 

“How could I have mistaken you for her?” Seunghyun asked as he looked straight to my eyes and his fingers touching my face. “Why didn’t you tell me it was you?”

 

I bit my lower lip as I found no answer to his question. If only I found the courage to answer his questions then there would be no more complications. If only I’m a selfish person then I could have answered it and he would have been mine. And a lot more ‘if only’. Too bad, I’m not like that.

 

“You know that I li—“ Seunghyun was on the verge of confessing which I stopped.

“Don’t say a word.” I told him and when he was about to protest, I threw him a glare. I closed my eyes and looked at him pleadingly. “Please.”

 

“Damn it!” Seunghyun cursed as he threw a punch towards the couch and missed my face by a hair’s length. He uttered under his breath, “! What do you want me to do?” I didn’t answer so he continued, “I can’t stop this!” then he pointed at me, “Neither can you!” and he sighed, “No one else can.”

 

“You’re just confused since you two have some problems. Give it a time and your mind would soon clear up. You’re just getting too emotional.” I said and even I find my words ridiculous. But I have to do it.

 

“Definitely not!” Seunghyun raised his voice. “It’s not just passing feelings and you’ve got to accept it sooner or later!” He paused and forced me to look at him as he contradicted me, “My problems with Yoona got nothing to do with that.”

 

All my muscles have tensed up as his stares bore inside me and stirring up different kind of emotions. The worst thing was that I’m locked up and nowhere to escape from.

 

“Why is this room close?”  I heard Suzy’s voice from the outside and I felt like I found an oasis through it. That’s when I began to shout from the inside, “Suzy! Yonghwa! We’re here! Your bastard president locked us up!”

“This ain’t finish yet, Dar.”  Seunghyun whispered behind my ears right after the door has been opened from the outside.

 

And I’d never known how serious he was not until that time.