Page Twelve: Day One Subtleties

Meant For Me

 

Page Twelve: Day One Subtleties

 

 

 

I officially want to kill Minho now.

 

Up until now, I can’t believe I was forced into doing this. I never agreed into doing this but somehow I ended up here. Right now, I looked at the other people at the room and most of them were really beautiful, even the guys were prettier than me.

 

I groaned as I heard the instructions of one of the staffs on how we should do it.

 

“If you keep on frowning like that, you would get wrinkles sooner than you expected.” I heard Seunghyun whispered behind my ears and sent a thousand shivers on my back. His breath feels so warm on my skin as we were too close for my comfort. I can picture out him smiling while he added, “Just relax and enjoy.”

 

“Easy for you to say. You’re always in the limelight.” I uttered and tried to step away from him but failed. Since he grabbed my arm before I can manage to step away. I almost cursed at the sudden movement.


“No cursing.” Seunghyun said in a tone coated with amusement. At least one of us is having fun.

 

“Move. Stop crowding me.” I mumbled and made a mistake of looking at him. My heart almost stopped beating when I saw the amused smile curved into his lips. In stutters, I managed to utter, “Nothing to smile about.”

 

“Dar, you’re too tense.” Seunghyun said, looking like he was enjoying himself. “Just take a deep breath.”

 

“Can’t help it. Yoona’s shoes are hard to fill in.” I admitted as I felt all the questioning stares of the other people who would walk for the show. Damn it. Why does it have to be the main event for that kickoff party? I bit my lower lip as I added, “I’m the shortest one here.”

 

“But definitely the cutest of them all.” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Shut up.” I groaned as I felt my muscles in my body tensed up as I saw Hyunjoong staring at me. That made me remembered his confession and my determination to avoid him. I stepped behind as if I was hiding behind Seunghyun.

 

I’m not sure what happened in the last few days when I was doing my best to avoid the two but there’s a tension between them. Seunghyun was blatantly hiding me from the other guy’s sight and because I’m in the shorter side, I wasn’t able to see the expression on Hyunjoong’s face. But I think I know him enough to imagine what it should be.

 

“What happened between the two of you?”  Seunghyun asked in a whisper-like voice that was coated with seriousness.

 

One of my brows arched upward on his question as my mouth moved a little bit. Honestly, I was surprised at his question and that made me asked back, “Shouldn’t I ask that question to you?” I felt his jaw tightened as if he remembered something he doesn’t want to. I took the chance that he is being silent and mulling over my question so I continued, “Aren’t you two on good terms? Close enough to be brothers or something like that?”

 

“We are.” Seunghyun answered and avoided looking at me.

 

“But?”

 

“Huh?” Seunghyun asked and finally his eyes met mine.

 

“I just felt like there’s a hanging ‘but’ statement in your answer earlier.” I answered and a small smile appeared on my lips that didn’t go unnoticed by him.

 

“You’re smile is so beautiful.” Seunghyun said with a tone full of admiration. His eyes speak of his appreciation and to be honest, it was such a warm feeling. It was too warm that I was afraid I might get burned one day so I nudged him on his side and kidded him.

 

“Just the smile?” I teased, trying to regain back our easy friendship that seems to crumble as days pass ever since that day.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes turned serious and his jaws tightened again. But now I know it’s for an entirely different reason. I can’t help but bit my lower lip as his Adam’s apple moves up and down while looking down at me. I shouldn’t have asked that stupid question.


“No.” Seunghyun said and leaned forward, making me gasped for air in surprise. He smiled lovingly as he said, “You’re always beautiful.”

 

I just looked down and avoided his eyes. Suddenly, I felt awkward again and tried to focus my attention to other things.

 

“Have you heard what he just said?” I asked him about what the student in front was speaking of. It was my attempt to change the topic that made him chuckle in his deep voice. Hearing his laughter at this             distance is enough to make my heart beat faster than usual.

 

“I did. But have you heard what I said?” Seunghyun asked as he pulled me closer to him. He whispered behind my ears that made my face turned red, “You’re not trying to avoid me, are you, Dar?”

 

I snorted and I replied, in stutters, “No. I-I’m not. Why should I?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders and put his hands on my shoulders.

 

“Yeah, right.” Seunghyun said in a mocking tone. “Why should you?”

 

I remained silent and hoping that he won’t pursue this topic but I was so wrong.

 

“You can’t stay silent forever, Dar. We’ll be at each other’s arms in a few days until we walk for the kick-off party.” Seunghyun said that left shivers on my skin.

 

Oh brother. I thought and I looked away which made my eyes met with Hyunjoong. Then I gulped as I realized my situation. I’m trapped in a situation with the two people I was trying to avoid for the past few days.

 

I groaned as I felt the other students continued gaping at me and Seunghyun’s hands on my shoulders.


Fruck up fate.

 

Now this is what I call a sticky situation and I think it’s just getting started.