Page Fifteen: Restrained Relationship.

Meant For Me

 

Page Fifteen: Restrained Relationship.

 

 

Time has slipped by quickly and it has already been the third day of their practice for the kick-off party. I swear that I never realized how hard for a model to walk down a runway since there are lots of dos and don’ts involve in it. Or those limitations were just for me as it seems that I’m the odd one out here? I felt like most of the participants have at least walked one runway before this. Maybe some were lucky to do that in an official fashion show and some walked in some fashion showcase for one of their arts’ courses.

 

I was passing by when I heard some girls whispering about Yoona and my ears have been alert for whatever they were saying.

 

“I heard that Yoona’s foot is better.”

 

“Guess that girl is just an understudy for Yoona.”

 

“Can’t believe I was worried that an amateur would do this.”

 

For a few times, I wanted to defend myself and tell them that I never wanted to be part of this project at all. If only they knew on how against I am to do this, they might have mellowed it down with their talks. Seriously, it’s not like I stole Yoona’s place. It was given to me, quite forcefully by their president and my childhood friend. I often caught them talking about me behind my back and I knew that they know that I can hear them but they don’t stop. They just continued mumbling things about me.

 

I can only sigh in frustration. Frustrated at how I can’t bring myself to say something in my defence. Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm my already anxious nerves when I felt something cold touch my cheeks.

 

“W-what?” I yelled and turned to my side to see Seunghyun smiling playfully at me. I glared at him as I looked at his hand holding a can of cold soda.

 

“You look like you could use some soda.” Seunghyun said as he nudged me to accept the cold drink.

 

I looked at him while debating with myself whether to accept it or not when I heard him laugh.

 

“It’s not yet opened so you don’t have to worry. I didn’t put any love potion in there.” Seunghyun kidded. “And even if I got the chance to do so, I won’t be needing one.”

 

I can only shrug my shoulders in disbelief. Sometimes he can just be random that often surprised people around him. I looked at him and saw how he looked so relax, a far cry out from how he usually is.

 

“You look so relax nowadays.” I softly muttered as I accept the can of soda. Then I mumbled, “Unlike before.”

 

He let out a few chuckles and smiled at me knowingly. As if he was expecting that I knew the reason behind. He just stayed there looking at me with his smouldering eyes. Now that I’ve stared at him, his smile was more of a smirk that added to his charm. His mouth was curved up into a smile yet there’s something in the way it was curved like it was a bit crooked. His eyes were gleaming with amusement and I realized that I’m not being subtle. With that, my face turned into a ripe tomato as he let out another round of laughter.

 

“You can certainly look more.” Seunghyun teased.

 

I snorted and tried to walk away from him when he whispered in a soft voice that was meant for me to hear.

 

“I’m glad that you took Yoona’s place.” Seunghyun muttered and I heard his slow breathing. “I can’t imagine myself enjoying this if it’s not you.”

 

“Yoona’s a lot of fun, Seunghyun.” I said and a little smile formed into my lips. “Compared to her, I’m a boorish person.”

 

He shook his head.

 

“Many would disagree with you.” I said.

 

“I am not many.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Of course you know. You always try to understand people and that’s why most people thought you were too cold on them. It’s because you’re always thinking about them. You often choose your words careful. Too cautious, as Minho would say about you.” Seunghyun said as he walked closer until he stood in front of me. His finger lifted my chin and our eyes met as he continued, “But I like that about you.”

 

“Stop saying things like that. People would misunderstand when they hear you talking like that.” I glared at him and his face tensed up at my sudden change of tone. I felt a little bit guilty but this was for the best. He’s just a little bored and he’s having problems with his relationship with Yoona. Yes, that must be the reason.  I told myself as I let out a sigh, “I’m sorry.” I paused and saw him nod as I continued, “Look, I don’t want people to misunderstand you and think differently. What would the others say if they hear you telling another girl that you like something about them? They may mistake you for being a playboy… Or worst, it may cause damage to your relationship with Yoona.”

 

He took a deep breath as he leaned closer that made my heart skip a beat. My heart started pounding loudly that I became conscious around him fearing that he may hear what he does to me.

 

In his deep and husky voice, he whispered, “Yoona and I were bound to crumble if she isn’t stubborn. She’s just thinking about the relationship in general. Not being in a relationship. Right now maybe a little too complicated.” He closed his eyes for a second and took another deep breath as he added, “But I just want to let you know, I never told another girl that I like them.” My heart almost stopped at his next words, “I only said that you.”

 

Then I felt that everything around us has suddenly disappeared and that it’s only the two of us. I’m not sure if he felt the same way as I do now. Unconsciously, my hand was about to reach for his face but a sudden ring on my phone took me back to reality. I looked away as I excused myself to answer the phone. I never bothered to glance back to see his reaction because I’m sure I would get lost in his eyes again. I always did.

 

“Hello?” I answered the call as I felt his eyes burning a hole on me.

 

“Dara…” I heard Yoona’s voice on the other line. Her tone was cold and sounded like a threatening one. “I want to talk to you. Alone.”