Page Five: Unspoken Things

Meant For Me

 

Looking at the messy council room filled with various things have made me sighed. I can already guess what happened here and I can’t blame anyone but myself. I’m sure the guys have overpowered Suzy again since my older sister, Bom, the vice president was kind of busy lately and I was on an errand for another professor. Now the room was filled with empty soda drinks, foil wrappers of chips and some of the spare materials to be used for the upcoming party.

 

Seriously, I would have to scold Minho again for the nth time and I guess I have to get used to him not listening to me again. Should I call Hyesun for help? The question popped inside my head and I can already imagine Hyesun’s smooth forehead wrinkling just because of that. I wonder why the meek Hyesun likes the boisterous and noisy Minho? She could have gone for someone else that suited her better but I’m not the one to ask.

 

Why did I like him when he’s with my best friend? Why can’t I hate on Yoona even if she stole him? Those are the questions that sometimes popped inside my head. Sometimes I let it passed without answering them and there are times that I sat down and tried to answer it. Although, I never did get the answer that I wanted.

 

I rubbed the middle of my eyebrows as if trying to smoothen the creases that has formed and whispered to myself, “Suzy must have been flustered with all those testosterones around her.”

 

“Just a bit.” I heard someone say and I knew who that person is even if I don’t turn around.

 

My face lost its color because of his sudden appearance and I felt my body stiffened at his presence. Damn it. I cursed at myself as I waited for his next move.

 

“Sorry for the mess we’ve created. I tried to minimize the mess but the two were just unstoppable.” Seunghyun said softly, so soft that it sent shivers to my spine. He let out some soft chuckles as he added, “I wanted to come earlier so that I can clean this up before you’ve arrived but I guess I’m not early enough.” He walked pass by me and pick up the nearest trash he then looked at me and smiled apologetically, “Why don’t you sit down first while I clean up our mess, Dar?”

 

I blinked a few times before I managed to control myself and shook my head in response.


“Nah, two heads are better than one. Or in this situation, four hands are better than two.” I said as I placed my things on top of the most decent table and started to clean up my side.

 

Silence engulfed the room but I am sensitive to his every move like I always do. I can hear the rugged movements of his clothes, his sighs and his soft, slow breathes that sounded music to my ears. The room was quite spacious since Minho would not settle for less but I felt like I was contained in a small space when I’m with him. Some might have been uncomfortable with the tension but for me it’s quite the opposite. I’m enjoying the time I have with him and I don’t think I want anything more than this.

 

“Uhm, how long have you been friends with Minho?” Seunghyun asked and broke the silence between us.

 

Honestly, his question surprised me and it’s not like I didn’t expect it. One way or the other I knew it would be asked if the other students would find out about it. Rather I did not expect him to be the one asking that question, I thought it would be more of the line of Hyunjoong.

 

He scratched the back of his head as if he suddenly turned shy that he even spoke of those words. Quickly, he turned around and mumbled, “No need to ans—“

 

“I’ve known him since I was in diapers. Me, him and Hyesun, his girlfriend were neighbors back then before I’ve moved. We kept contact for a while and with some events, we came back and he was still here…” I cut him off before he shied away again. He turned around again as if he was urging me to continue and so I did.  I sighed, “I think Aunt Hyomin, Minho’s mom, had expected the two of us to be together since I’m closer to him than Hyesun at that time.”

 

“Did you ever like him?” Seunghyun asked as he looked at me in the eyes full of intensity.

 

“Like?” I repeated his question and nodded. I saw something in his eyes that flared up for a second but I didn’t bother reading it. I don’t want to confuse myself any more than this. I continued, “It’s not the like that you’re thinking of. I like the guy because he’s a great one. I don’t think he’ll be my friend for that long if I dislike him, right?”

 

“I guess so.” Seunghyun uttered and his eyes never leaving mine. “Hyunjoong?”

 

“What about him?” I asked back.

 

“Do you like him?” Seunghyun asked and I wondered what’s with him.

 

I stayed silent as I mulled over his question and his weird disposition today. Maybe he’s sick or something?

 

“Some say silence means yes. Is this true for this case?” Seunghyun continued.

 

“He’s tolerable and he’s quite kind if he wanted to be.” I answered earnestly.

 

“I…” Seunghyun said as if he disagreed with my answer like it didn’t answer his question fully.

 

Of course, I did understand but I just don’t want to answer it directly and another silence filled the room. I’ve never been thankful for having this silence as I finished cleaning my side of the room. I was about to step towards his side to help him out when he broke the silence again.


“How about me? Do you like me?” Seunghyun asked. His back was facing me and I’m thankful for it.

 

“Yeah, I like you just the same.” I said sincerely. When I felt his body stiffed, I added, “You’re like a tamed Minho and Hyunjoong combined. You reminded me of Youngbae, I guess.”

 

“Youngbae?” Seunghyun asked.


“My sister’s boyfriend and a brotherly figure.” I answered and I knew he would ask something again when the door suddenly opened revealing Minho with Yonghwa.

 

“Oh man, you’re here already!” Minho groaned as soon as he saw me cleaning up.

 

I sighed in relief as I turned my attention towards Minho and grabbed my things.

 

“Since you’re here already, why don’t you help out Seunghyun in cleaning up your mess?” I exclaimed and I can see Yonghwa gasped for air. I threw in another glare and added, “I’ll just meet up with Mrs. Kim to see if I can take a leave off for a week or change my schedule or something so I can help on this.”

 

“Ma’am, yes, ma’am!” Yonghwa and Minho playfully answered and I nodded in acknowledgment.

 

Even with my back facing him, I can feel his stares burning holes on me. I should not look back and walked away casually. He’s your best friend’s boyfriend and don’t read anything to it. I passed by Minho when I heard my childhood friend whispered, “Seems like you’ve got something to tell me later.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll come over.” I whispered back and closed the door behind me leaving the three guys to clean up. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I told myself over and over, “Stop thinking about it, Dara. He’s Yoona’s and don’t forget that.”

 

Maybe if I repeated it over and over to myself, I may believe it and stop myself from feeling this way. The feeling of stealing him away from her and claim him as mine. I closed my eyes as I prayed to the heavens for the strength to stop myself.

 

I need to stop before it gets worse.

 

But I have no idea what was coming up next and it was worse than what I’ve imagined. If I have, I should have wished for something else than that. If only I knew.