Page Eleven: Carefully Laid Out Mishap

Meant For Me

 

Page Eleven: Carefully Laid Out Mishap

 

 

 

“No” I said for the nth time.

 

Minho scowled in frustration as I threw him another glare. Seriously, I want to kill him and chop his body then drop it to the ocean. Oh, somewhere that is shark infested would be amazing. I heard Yonghwa gasped for air in my nth time of denial and I can see the worry in Suzy’s eyes. Yonghwa’s already used to us—Minho and I.

 

“Come on, Sands.” Minho urged and used a sweet tone with a shorter nickname for me. I worry that it would just end up as ‘S’.

 

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

 

“No.” I replied quickly and I heard him cursed.

 

“Why are you so stubborn?” Minho exclaimed as he brushed up his hair using his hands. A habit of his when he’s running out of patience or when his plan isn’t working the way it was supposed to. I was about to answer his question when he cut me off by adding, “Look, you would just have to wear some frilly freaking dress and walked around.”

 

“And that frilly freaking dress you want me to wear was Yoona’s.” I pointed out and took a deep breath.

 

“As if I can wear that when I’m like this!” Yoona exclaimed as she appeared in crutches.

 

I frowned at the sight of my friend and asked, “What happened to you?”

 

“Some stupid newbie made a mistake in one of our routines. Then here I am in crutches days before that homecoming party.” Yoona explained and I can feel her irritation to the new member of the cheerleading team.

 

“It’s not a ing homecoming party!” Minho exclaimed, annoyed at my friend’s mistake.

 

“Whatever.” Yoona said and rolled her eyes.

 

“As you can see, Dara, we are helpless in this.” Yonghwa said. “We need someone to fill in Yoona’s position.”


“Can’t you do it without her?” I asked suspiciously.

 

“If we can, do you think we will call you?” Minho asked irritably. And here I thought he was making this up. He looked genuinely frustrated at what’s happening but why do I feel that there’s a catch in all of this but all these suspicious feelings were wiped out because of what he said next. “We could have called for another person but that person” He pointed at Yoona and continued, “…won’t let anyone wear her dress except for you.”

 

“I did—“ Yoona was about to protest when Yonghwa cuts her off.


“So now we are in a dilemma.” Yonghwa said and looked pleadingly at me. “Please Dara. You will be a stand in for Yoona.”

 

“I can find someone else for you.” I suggested and all three of them—Minho, Yonghwa and Suzy—shook their heads at the same time.

 

“That won’t do unnie…” Suzy pleaded. “We’re afraid that they might not reach our standards.”

 

“As if I can fill her in?” I told her mockingly. “Look at how different we are.”

 

“She’s right.” Yoona scoffed confidently.

 

“Shut up. Why are you still here, by the way?” Minho said, dismissing Yoona in a rude way.

 

“That’s my dress right there.” Yoona pointed at the stunning black dress.

 

“As if we don’t know that.” Suzy mumbled so softly that I thought I’ve heard it wrong.

 

Then I saw Minho leaned closer to Yoona and the color on the latter’s face were gone. Yoona cursed as she turned around and looked back at the dress and me. With difficulty, she was able to walk out and I can still feel her eyes on me.

 

“So now that one of the problems was gone, let’s start with this one right here.” Minho said, referring to me.

 

“Sorry, you really have to find another one. Can’t help you with that.” I stated firmly and shrugged my shoulders. “The best thing I can offer was help you find another one.” I already thought of Yuri to replace Yoona for that beauty show.

 

“You’re letting me down.” Minho exclaimed with full blast exaggeration.

 

Unfortunately for me, Suzy and Yonghwa decided to add to the hysterics Minho was doing. All of them were holding their chests as if they were pained by my words. I can only laugh and shook my head at their antics.

 

“Come on, stop being kids.” I told them but they rather ignore me.

 

Then the door suddenly opened and I saw a fresh looking Seunghyun standing at the door. He looked at me and his eyes moved to the three people who’re acting like kids.

 

“What happened here?” Seunghyun asked and looked around before he added, “Where’s Yoona?”

 

I bit my lower lip and looked away before answering, “She left. In crutches.”


“I heard.” Seunghyun replied and walked towards the couch, towards me.

 

I gulped and tried to move away but I caught him smirking at me.


“What are you smirking around?” I asked, annoyed at him for some reason.

 

“Is it wrong to smirk?” Seunghyun asked and tossed his things on the couch. Then he looked at Minho and asked, “What will happen now?”

 

I guess he was referring to the show that Yoona and him were in. From what I knew, he and Yoon should have been the main act for the runway show that the textile and arts department were holding. Then Minho stopped on his antics and smiled at my way before he answered Seunghyun’s question.


“Sandy will walk for Yoona.” Minho stated and completely ignored what I want. Then he looked at Seunghyun hard before he asked, “How about you? Are you still up for it?”

 

Seunghyun smiled and nodded.

 

“Good!” Minho said and smirked at me. “I thought I have to call Hyunjoong for it.”

 

“I thought he was already in it?” I asked.

 

“Yes but he told me that if you agreed and Top backed out, he would gladly walked with you. Then Yonghwa would fill in the empty spot.” Minho explained and I saw the twinkle in my friend’s eyes.

 

“Why don’t we do that instead?” I said and all four of them looked at me as if I have two heads. “I’m sure Seunghyun would rather take care of his girlfriend than walked on that program.”

 

“You want Hyunjoong?” Seunghyun asked with his lips pressed hard together. His eyes were unreadable.

 

“No!” I quickly answered. I stepped back and added, “Yonghwa’s a better choice.”

 

“Are you afraid of me?” Seunghyun asked and was staring at me intensely like I felt melting just because of it.

 

I shook my head even if I thought that I am afraid. I’m afraid to be alone with him.

 

“Then there should be no problem. You’re walking with me.” Seunghyun said and smiled at me making me speechless and frozen on my face.

 

I was too frozen that I didn’t see the three—Minho, Yonghwa and Suzy—exchanging smiles and high fives with each other.