Page Four: A Troublesome Committee

Meant For Me

 

Page Four: A Troublesome Committee

 

 

As one of the top students, I often get asked by the student council or the professor to help out in some of their projects. One of the usual projects they have is the kick-off party where everyone would show up in some trendy and flashy clothes and mingle. As what the president said that this party would allow the freshmen to get alongside their seniors.

 

For two years running, I was in the committee because I’m closed with the president. Minho has been the president for two years straight and he always used our friendship to make me part of every committee in each project he can think of.

 

“You’re in a daze again, Sandy.” Minho said and I can see him frown at me. “I don’t need you spacing out on me now. Do it after the party.”

 

I stomped my feet and rolled my eyes at him. Seriously, I wonder what girls see on him. He’s rude, cold and very demanding but girls still flock at him. Oh, wait, forget that I questioned him. I remember that it was his façade to be the perfect prince of the university. But he refused to act that way to me. No wonder that most of the other council members thought that we’re together.

 

“Shut up, Minho. If I remember correctly, I’ve been forcefully volunteered to be in this.” I snapped back at him and earned a few laughs from the other members.

 

“Stop harassing your girlfriend.” Suzy teased. She’s the youngest amongst the council members and replaced the secretary who graduated last year.

 

“Don’t make other people puke from your sweetness.” Yonghwa added and faked a vomit.

 

In my annoyance, I grabbed the pen case and threw it at Yonghwa’s direction that made all of the people in the room roared in laughter.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you?” I exclaimed in frustration as I pointed Minho as I continued, “He is not my type. Not at all.”

 

I felt Minho’s hand wrapped around my shoulder and placed his chin on it.

 

“Come on, honey. Why are you always denying us?” Minho cooed. “I’m hurt.”

 

In a quick second, I smacked him on his forehead with a roll of paper and moved away from him.

 

“Argh.” I groaned in frustration that earned another round of laughter. I looked at the other council members and exclaimed, “You people are spoiling him too much.” I looked at Minho and threatened, “Annoy me more and I’ll tell Hyesun about your lies!”

 

Hyesun was one of my childhood friends and the current girlfriend of Minho. Right now, she was in Taiwan posing as an exchange student. They’re in a long distance relationship but it’s working for them. I wished them the best since I love both of them.


“Now I wonder why people often call you ice queen.” Yonghwa asked rhetorically and made Suzy nod in agreement.


“I wonder about that too. I can’t even imagine you like that.” Suzy added.

 

I bit my lower lip and muttered, “I’m too awkward to speak with strangers.”

 

“In other words, she can’t have social life without me by her side.” Minho grinned as he placed another arm around my shoulder.

 

At that exact moment, the council’s room opened and revealed a surprised Seunghyun with a frowning Hyunjoong. Both of their eyes were focused on Minho’s arm around my shoulder. I guess it’s their first time to see me acting so friendly with another man.

 

Don’t blame me. I didn’t lie about anything. I just don’t flaunt my friendship with the student council president and it’s not my fault that Hyesun isn’t studying in our university.

 

“You’re close with him?” Hyunjoong asked as his frown deepened as he stared at the arms of Minho.

 

“I guess so. Since I can do this to her.” Minho answered mockingly and referred it to his arms wrapped around my shoulder. I guess he never changed in being a little bit too overprotective of me. He was always like that ever since. It’s just sometimes he doesn’t know the word limit as he went overboard again as he added, “I’m more intimate with her than you can ever imagine.”

 

I rolled my eyes at Minho’s statement as I shrugged my shoulders and removed his unwanted arms in there. My eyes went to the annoyed Hyunjoong to the speechless Seunghyun who was just looking at me and Minho with his watchful eyes.

 

“Stop staying things that can be misunderstood by the others.” I exclaimed and threw in a glare at Minho’s direction. When I saw his eyebrows arched, I delivered the final blow to make him silent for a while, “Or I won’t help you out in any ways.”

 

“Fine, fine. I’ll shut up. After all, I can’t lose you.” Minho said and left the statement hanging like that.


“He meant he can’t lose his personal assistant. That guy has a woman whether you believe it or not.” I explained as I looked at Hyunjoong and Seunghyun then looked back at Minho as I said, “And you, stop saying stuffs that would make things awkward for your committee!”

 

“Committee?” Suzy, Minho and Yonghwa asked simultaneously.


“Yes.” I confirmed as I introduced the two guys, “Hyunjoong and Seunghyun who sign up to help out for the upcoming kick-off party.” If the two of them quit because you’re weird, you better find yourself another slave and friend to help you out.”

 

With that statement, Minho’s face changed and walked towards Hyunjoong and Seunghyun.  He smiled as he pats the other two’s shoulders and stated, “Oh they won’t quit. We’re the new BFFs!”

 

“BFFs?” Yonghwa asked in confusion.


“Best friends forever!” Minho grinned that made everyone in the room groaned at his antics.


“Just shut up please.” I pleaded as I proceed to what I was doing.