Heartbreak

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Yerin-ah. How are you there in Paris? You left so suddenly. Everyone is questioning."

 

Yerin was on a video call with her closest workmate, Jihyo that afternoon. It's been a week after the accident. Yerin felt like she needed to talk to someone else as everyone's busy with their own, including Eunbi who was still focusing on the therapy to smoothen her walk again. "It's a very strange coincidence that the rumour said, Hwang Eunbi, is in Paris too. I heard she had a terrible accident there. Did you notice?"
"She's fine." Yerin took a deep breath.
"Oh. Really?" Jihyo realized something. "Wait. How do you know that?"
"It wasn't a coincidence." Yerin sighed. "I'm here with her. She's with me."
"WHAT?" Jihyo screamed loudly as Yerin felt that she needed to move away from her phone. "What the hell, Jung Yerin? What the hell is going on? I mean—EXCUSE ME? What the actual ?" Jihyo was losing it.

 

Yerin tried to calm herself, to calm Jihyo too in the process.


"Park Jihyo. For God sake, can you please stop yelling at me? Also, please make it a secret, and don't you dare to tell anyone." Yerin was almost ready to go back to the hospital again after preparing some avocado toast for Eunbi. "She's helping me to find Yuju."
"How the hell a top tier actress in Asia like her helping you—YOU?"
"It's a tricky one to answer. But I answer I will explain later." Yerin looked weak. "Please, Ji."
"I'm sorry. I'm just, you know, in a great shock."
"I understand."
"Did you find her already? Yuju."
"Nope. Instead, everything felt so wrong here." Yerin pointed her chest, to her heart. "I feel like Yuju and all the memories just slowly getting disappeared like that. But it doesn't mean I have to give up on her, right?"
"Maybe. I just wonder why didn't she try to contact you after all?"
"She must be so angry. Disappointed. I got it. I hurt her."
"And you don't?"

 

Yerin couldn't reply to the question but sent her smile. Jihyo looked at her bitter face.

 

"Yerin, listen..." This time, Jihyo looked so serious. "Your hurt her, but she hurt you too. I know you love her, but that's not the only point. Your relationship is not only about how to keep Yuju feel comfortable with her own world. It has to be about you too. I thought she decided to be in hers and excluded you, that's why she never call. Also you mentioned that she must be angry with you. Why do you think you're the only one to be blamed here? You both love each other, then argue, but she just ran away like that. Whatever she chose after that night, afterall, love is a decision to make."

 

Those words left Yerin in a deep silence. That's probably the best thing someone ever said to her during her search to find Yuju. Again, Yerin took a another deep breath to let her body relax. She wrapped up the things she was doing and be ready to go to the hospital.

 

"Yerin-ah, don't be so hard on yourself like this. You've been through a lot too."
"Thanks, Ji. It's really nice to have you on call." Yerin winked. Jihyo replied with a warm smile.
"So, you're leaving to the hospital now?"
"Yeah."
"I wont ask again. You asked me to wait for it, and I will."
"Thank you, Ji. Appreciate that a lot."
"Please take care of yourself, big girl. Look at you!" She complained. "By the way, how on earth could you be so lucky like that? I mean, it's Hwang Eunbi. She makes all the girls question their ual orientation." She teased, making Yerin laughed quite hard. She couldn't agree more to that statement.
"She's beautiful." Yerin said. "Even on the inside."
"Is there any plot twist here?" Jihyo glanced sharply.
"What do you mean? Nothing."
"Your eyes disagree with you. And now you're blushing." Jihyo winked before ended up the call.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yerin entered the room but found Eunbi wasn't there. She put the lunch box and tried to look around. It was 2 PM already and Eunbi supposed to be in her room. Later, Yerin went to the therapy room to check if Eunbi was still there, but no luck. Eunbi was not there either. Confused, she went to find the nurse to ask about Eunbi but they informed that she finished her session an hour ago. Feeling worried, Yerin decided to go back to the room. She entered the room but the bed was still empty. Started to worry more than she had to, she grabbed her phone to contact Eunseo. But then, she suddenly heard a door opened and somebody was stepping into the room.

 

"Yah Hwang Eunbi! How the hell you're walking like that?" Yerin shouted so loud.
"Mworago? Is it wrong that I'm walking with my own feet?" Eunbi replied while covering her ears. Yerin's voice was so loud, she could even faint to hear that any longer. "I can walk already, but slowly. It's been a week, I have to practice myself so I walked around the hospital." Eunbi grinned.
"I made you this avocado toast. My favorite."
"Hmm? Really? Let me have some bites." Eunbi walked to the bed and lay down while Eunbi was sitting in front of her. Yerin unpacked what she has been prepared that morning. 
"How is it? Is it good?"
"I'm sure I need to invest."
"To what?"
"Your future restaurant."
"I'm not that confident." Yerin laughed with her smiling eyes.
"You can be my private chef then. Didn't I tell you?" Eunbi while she took another bite. Eunbi cleaned up the edge of Eunbi's lips as she really eats like a baby.

 

The softness of Yerin's hand that brushed her face made her speechless for a moment. She enjoyed the moment, and the fact that in the past week Yerin had devoted all her time, energy and focus to taking care of her. But suddenly something flashed in her mind, making her feel a very imprinting feeling. She felt very guilty. She realized that Yerin was never supposed to be there to accompany her. That's not the reason why Yerin was there.


"Mianhae..." Eunbi looked at her sharply.
"Huh?"
"I'm sorry that you spent your time with me, instead of finding Yuju. I promised to get well soon and we can start to find her again." Yerin reached out her hands to touch and Eunbi's hair softly. She looked at her, with the most sincere and soothing face that Eunbi ever saw in her.
"Is that what you think about right now?"
"Nothing can make you more upset right now than that." Eunbi looked down. "Maybe you feel so upset that you had to spend your time here instead of searching Yuju? That's why I feel so sorry about it."
"I'm actually upset you eat all of the lunch set I brought to you and didn't leave me a bite."
"Yahhh... You didn't tell me you wanted it too. I thought you cooked it for me?"
"I'm kidding. Lord." They both laughed together.
"But still. I'm sorry that you spent your time with me here."

 

Yerin stared at her deeply, so deep that Eunbi felt like she was drown inside.
"It's a choice." Yerin replied shortly.
"A choice?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter