Secret

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It was one of the best mornings of her life, where she woke up with a big smile and who knows how long it had been since she had done so—even her eyes formed a smile. Yerin woke up and looked at Eunbi who was still fast asleep beside her. She bent down to give her a small peck on the cheek as she gently her hair, not intending to wake her at all. For a while, she decided to enjoy the sight, enjoying the innocent face of Eunbi who was fast asleep in front of her.

Yerin decided to get up. She took an oversized light blue shirt and put it on before walking to the small pantry in the hotel room and brewing a hot cup of French Earl Gray tea. After turning on calm music and turning it on through a small speaker, she walked over to the TV area and plopped down on the sofa to enjoy the quiet of the morning. Her eyes landed on a not-too-large canvas painting wrapped in plastic. She thought that maybe the wrapping paper had been opened, and it was clearly something Eunbi had brought from Versailles.

 

'Because you like it so much. Please take this with you.'

 

Yerin read a piece of square paper with a beautiful handwriting in it. She frowned. Whoever gave it, he didn't put his name there. Unlike her girlfriend, Yuju, art is not something that appeals to her in particular. However, the curiosity within her made her decide to take a closer look at the painting, paying attention to every detail, even the smell of the paint etched on the canvas. For a moment, she was lost in her observation of the artwork before her eyes, before finally her gaze fell on a signature given by the artist. Right in the lower right corner of the painting, she found something very familiar to her.

 

"Eunbi. Wake up."

 

Yerin looked panicked and couldn't hide her anxiety.

 

"Eunbi."
"What's going on?" Eunbi tried to open her heavy eyes. It was a rough sweet night she had with Yerin and how Yerin woke her up wasn't the one she expected to have. "What time is it?"

 

When she finally woke up completely, Eunbi immediately felt pricked by Yerin's cold gaze. Strangely, there she felt a void that she did not understand. But she knew, something bad was happening there, and she had to prepare herself.

 

"What's going on, Yerin-ah?"
"Did you meet her?"
"Meet her? Who?"
"Please tell me the truth."
"And what truth?"

 

Eunbi stood up and faced Yerin right away while still confused.

 

"What are you talking about?"
"You met her. You just don't tell me that."
"Who are you talking ab—"
"You met Yuju, didn't you?"
"Yuju? Me?" Eunbi was in a total confusion. "No. What do you mean?"

 

A second after that statement, Yerin grabbed Eunbi's arm and brought her right in front of a painting lying near the TV room. Eunbi recognized it. Sejeong gave it as a parting gift that night, the night she decided to head back to Paris because she was too worried about Yerin. It was a painting she admired in the small gallery that Sejeong ran in Versailles.

 

"A friend in Versailles gave it to me." Eunbi said. "What do you m—"
"A friend?"

 

Eunbi realised it. She decided to take a look closer to the painting where she found "YJ" signature on it.

 

"W—Wait. Yerin-ah. Do you mean the painter is—"
"It's Yuju's signature." Yerin cried and she didn't understand how she could translate her feeling at all.
"I didn't meet her. Your Yuju." Eunbi gulped. It felt like she woke up just to redeem her sin. "I met Sejeong—Kim Sejeong. She was the one who saved me after that accident. That day, I decided to drive to Versailles and she was there to accompany. She gave the painting as a gift, but I never managed to meet the painter or asked about it at all."
"But do you think she know?"

 

Eunbi took a deep breath as she looked back at Yerin's teardrops that were pouring down. She thought about what they did the night before and immediately threw all the memories real hard. She rushed back into her room and came back with the phone in her hand. After pressing the button to call a contact, she loudspeaker mode for Yerin to hear.

 

"Bonjour."
"Bonjour, Sejeong."
"What makes you calling me this hour?"
"I—I need to ask a question." Eunbi said. "And thank you for the gift, by the way."
"Yeah sure. You like that? I wish you could see your face while staring at it. Your happy face that you couldn't even stop talking about it when we enjoyed the dinner, even when we were dancing after."

 

Yerin was taken aback. She could feel something there. How Sejeong's cheerful and friendly voice greeted Eunbi from the first second, and how they spent time in Versailles as she had shared it a little. Her heart felt the utmost jealousy and she obviously wanted to question it, but she was clearly not in a good position, and she was definitely a nobody to Eunbi.

 

"Yeah. I couldn't thank you enough. I really am."
"So, what's the question that makes you calling me at 7 in the morning?"
"I wonder if you knew who the painter is."
"Ah. Sure." She replied. Yerin felt like her heart beat dropped instantly. "She's here at the gallery. I mean, even she lives here in Versailles. Her name is Choi Yuna, but we do call her Yuju. I actually planned to introduce you to her since you like her work so much, but then last night you decided to go back to Paris in sudden."
"I see."

 

Eunbi glanced softly at Yerin who cried silently. The search was over. She still couldn't believe how fate put them all together like that.

 

"Do you want to meet her?" Sejeong asked.

 

 

*** ***

 

 

After finishing the short breakfast, Eunbi decided to drive herself with her car to take Yerin to Versailles and meet Sejeong, and of course Yuju. Not many words came out of Eunbi's mouth, neither did Yerin. That morning, Eunbi felt that she had been hit hard and regardless of what had happened between them, she had to refocus on the original purpose of their arrival. She was just someone who helps Yerin in her search for Yuju. In short, she's an outsider

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter