Fate

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You should really open a restaurant." Eunbi shouted. "I will be open for an investment talk."
"Eat your food first, Hwang Eunbi-ssi."

 

Eunbi had finished her second bowl. That night Yerin cooked spicy kimchi jjigae for the two of them and Eunbi seemed to really enjoy the delicious taste. Her eyes sparkled. Like a child enjoying her mother's cooking, Yerin felt a personal pleasure at Eunbi's attitude. After finishing their dinner, Yerin invited Eunbi to talk and watch TV in the living room waiting for the food to be processed properly in their stomachs.

 

"Don't you have a butler in your fancy apartment?"
"Huh? No, I don't." She said. "I usually go to the restaurant, or food delivery."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Really. Since I'm not really into cooking stuff." She chuckled. "Unless you want to be my personal chef."
"Yahhhh! I'm not certified for it."
"Does that even important?"

 

Her eyes scanned the room carefully. Actually she had been doing it secretly for a long time, but of course she gave a safe limit for herself to remain polite to the host, Yerin. She found some stuffs in the house labelled by Yuju, and also some photos on the frame that decorated the interior of the room containing photos of two people, Yerin and a woman—of course, Yuju.

 

"So, you live here with a friend?" Eunbi asked. "Yuju, right?"
"How do you know that?" Yerin looked a little uneasy, attracting Eunbi's curiousity.
"I mean, her photos and stuffs are all over this place, no?"
"Ah. Y-Yeah. I lived with her."
"Ah? No more?"
"No more."
"What happened?"
"Just a little miss-understanding."
"I see. I'm sorry."
"No need."

 

Eunbi felt really uncomfortable with the situation, especially with Yerin's face which had completely changed since she asked the question. But on the other hand, she felt confused about what was going on, and about the friendship that Yerin had with Yuju, was the problem so serious that the woman seemed irritated by the question? She wouldn't know.

 

"Are you okay? Yerin, I really sorry—"
"No more sorry, please. You've been such a good... friend."
"It was a quick judgement."

 

They laughed, relaxing the tension a bit.

 

"I—" Yerin stopped. She gazed at Eunbi softly. "I've been living a hell after her departure."
"What happened?"
"She left me just like that as we had a different point of view about a thing." She sighed. She decided to bluntly tell somebody she just met about it. Hiding it all from the whole world, maybe it wasn't really a wise decision to do for her. She needed someone to tell the story. "She left me to Paris. She didn't even give me a chance to talk to her. At all. And after that night, she didn't even call. Like I never existed in her life. How is that?"

 

Yerin smiled bitterly. She decided to give Eunbi a little more time to swallow everything. She knew, it wasn't the hot tea Eunbi expected to be spilled to her. Worst case, if Eunbi turned out to be a homophobic, everything would surely go down hill from there. Yet, Yerin revealed the truth and there was no way back. She had done what she thought she had to.

 

"So, it's a girlfriend." Eunbi broke the silence.
"Yeah. It's a girlfriend." Yerin replied. "I used to live with my girlfriend here. Yuju."
"It must be hard to tell me this, wasn't it?"
"Yeah. I'm sorry. I must've shocked you."
"Not really." She replied courtly. "I kinda regret that she didn't give you a chance to talk."
"I hope she felt the same way."

 

Eunbi felt numb. She really didn't know how to respond. She picked up a can of soda on the table and took two gulps before turning her gaze back to Yerin. There was a hint of disappointment in her heart at the confession, which clearly wasn't in the part where she didn't expect it to be a same- relationship, but it was clear that from the tone that was implied, Yerin clearly still loved that person named Yuju and in her eyes, Eunbi. saw that maybe she barely had a chance to get in there.

 

"But do you?"
"What?"
"Regret that you lost her?"
"I probably am, but what can I do now?"
"Chase after her?"
"I can't just leave everything here, Eunbi." Her watery eyes killed Eunbi silently. "I just can't leave my father—he's the only I have right now since my mom passed away, telling them that I'm going to chase her, and want to spend the rest of my life with her. I just can't be bluntly doing it, can I?"

 

Such a bitterness, but Eunbi was a stronger one.

 

"You can."
"I-I can?"
"You have to tell your father about it." Eunbi determined. "If being with Yuju is the only thing that can make you the happiest, then he has to acknowledge it, that it's simply the only way to make you happy. He loves you, I suppose."
"He hates me for being... me."
"Try again, Yerin. Maybe after all, he hates you for his own idea about you, and her. I'm pretty sure he doesn't really understand how it feels for you." Eunbi smiled. "Sometimes, it takes just a hell damn amount of courage to start it all. Try again."

 

Yerin couldn't speak anymore. It's a bit awkward. She tried to distract her mind by sipping a can of soda belonging to Eunbi which was on the table. She stopped the flow of her tears and tried to think clearly, digesting every word that came out of Eunbi's lips.

 

"After all,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter