Comfort Blind

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Eat something."
"I'm not hungry, Oppa."
"Wine?"
"Sure."
"Torn minds, huh?"

 

Yerin tried to avoid his gaze with that little smirk.

 

"Not really. Just—"
"About your friend, Ms. Hwang Eunbi."
"What about her?"
"I really am sorry for what happened. I didn't mean it."
"You've told me three times already." Yerin replied. "I hope you'd get whatever you want after this, Oppa."
"How is she going? I see she's taking a break after what happened in Paris."

 

How is she? Is everything okay with her?
Yerin talked to herself, all inside her own mind. How is it going with Eunbi? How would she know? Eunbi might think she's the most selfish person on Earth who left her without any proper goodbye, who simply left her with all those scars. Physically and mentally.

 

"We're no longer communica—"

 

The door opened widely. Yuju dashed in with anger covering her face. Behind her, Mr. Choi and a woman who was familiar to Yerin are seen. She was Kim Yewon, that Kim Yewon. Steven greeted them with a big smile and a glass of red wine in his hand. Meanwhile, Yuju, who was able to barge in, headed straight for Steven and suddenly pushed him so that the man fell onto the sofa behind him.

 

"Where's the ing manner, Choi Yuna?"
"Oppa, why did you do this?" Yuju held her breath. "Why did you drag her into this?"
"I just wanted to talk, but you blocked all the way."
"It doesn't mean you—"
"But it works. Perfectly."

 

Steven stood right away, headed to the oldest man. 

 

"Appa."
"Appa. Just give the paper." Yuju interrupted.
"Paper?" Steven glanced at her.
"I made it easy for you, Oppa. I don't want things you want. You can take it all. I don't mind." Yuju replied. "I asked Appa to inherit it all to you so you can just leave me and everyone that I love alone."

 

Steven was too stunned to speak. He clearly didn't think that it would be that easy. He took a stack of documents in a turquoise folder from Yuju's hand and opened it. His eyes widened, accompanied by a satisfied smirk on his face. But when he reached the last page, all his happy expression was blown away.

 

"What is this?"
"What is what?" Yuju looked confused.
"You're playing with me?"

 

Steven threw a cold sharp gaze, but Yuju seemed to fail to understand. Later she grabbed the papers and checked it all. Around an hour ago, she finally succeeded in getting her father to change his mind, and she firmly believed that everything was in line with whatever his older brother—his half-brother—wanted.

 

"Appa? D-Did you change the document? B-But..."
"Tricky old man." Steven mumbled.
"Appa." Yuju stared blankly. She couldn't believe the scene she was facing. "Appa. I thought we agreed."
"The Choi's business will be handled completely by you." Her father finally said a thing.
"I don't want it. I don't ing want it." Yuju couldn't hold it anymore. "Can't you understand? You raised this man to be whoever he is right now. All I know was he used to be a good brother to me and you took it away from me." Yuju covered her face with both hands and walked towards her father. "Appa, please. I think everything's just fine with him handling it."
"It's not fine, Yuna-yah. He did a lot of dirty stuffs."
"And you didn't?" Steven interrupted.
"We never claimed you. You never belong to this family."
"After everything I did for you, and for this family?"
"It meant nothing." Mr. Choi instructed Yuju, Yerin and Yewon to follow him to the exit door. "You are not, and you will never be a Choi. We found all the proofs and we filed it all. You'll be put in jail soon."

 

Steven looked down. Anger was clearly rising inside him at his father's whole statement, but he looked so calm. Meanwhile Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter