Take Care

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yerin sat in a spacious and luxurious living room in the house, in the residence of the Kim family, which she knows to be the location of the residence of a Kim Yewon, someone she pointed out as the reason for Yuju's arrival to Paris, and the beginning of everything. Ms. Dubois served her a beautiful teapot filled with very fragrant jasmine tea. To calm herself, and regain focus, she took a sip of the tea while waiting for the arrival of the host. In less than five minutes, a beautiful woman of medium stature, long hair flowing beautifully brown, and a face that looked innocently alluring approached. Yerin put the cup on the table.

 

"So, you're Yerin-ssi?" She handed her hand. "Jung Yerin-ssi. Pleased to meet you."
"Pleased to meet you too, Kim Yewon-ssi."
"I'm sorry to make you wait—did you come here alone?"
"Yes." Yewon looked a little suspicious. "Why?"
"Wondering if—" Yewon stared at her deeply. "If her sibling came here as well with you."
"No. It's just me, and—" Yerin stopped for a moment. She remembered about what happened last night and tried to kill the thoughts. "And a friend.

 

Yewon decided to pour a cup of tea into her cup and Yerin's cup that was empty. After sipping tea twice, she took a deep breath before returning to prepare herself for the various questions the woman in front of her was ready to ask.

 

"Where is Yuju?"
"I have no idea."
"You—" Yerin couldn't believe what she just heard. "Tell me."
"I told you, Yerin-ssi. I have no idea where is she."
"But she came here because of you." Yerin said. "And from what I heard, she came here, to your place before—"
"Yes. That's right. She was here, but no longer."
"Yewon-ssi, I've been looking for her anywhere."
"I'm sorry, Yerin-ssi. I understand." Yewon smiled a little. "But I really don't know where your ex girlfriend—"
"My what?"

 

Yerin's face suddenly changed. Yewon's last sentence clearly sparked the fire of contention between them, or at least that's how Yerin felt at that time. Her face was so cold, but she steadfastly tried to strengthen herself and with all her might made up her mind to bring Yuju, her love, back into her arms. Meanwhile, Yewon understood the change and tried to neutralize it by smiling a little. There were so many thoughts running through her head at that moment.

 

"I'm sorry."
"Yuju is my girlfriend, still."
"I understand."
"So, where is she?"
"My answer remains the same."
"Please don't make me push you."
"Why would you do it?"
"Because I know you know where she is."

 

Before Yerin's emotions peaked, suddenly from upstairs a beautiful and elegant woman appeared in front of them. She's slender in height, and looker even more stunning in a khaki bodycon dress. Her face was as cold as snow. It felt like time had stopped, Yerin didn't budge when she looked at her, especially when she looked scornfully straight into her eyes.

 

"What's going on, baby?" She asked.
"This is Jung Yerin—"
"Oh. You're coming for the troublemaker Yuju?"

 

It was a pretty quick moment to even think of.

 

"And you?"
"My name is Sojung. I'm Yewon's girlfriend."
"Oh."
"And no. Yuju's not here. She'd better not."
"What's happening? What did she do?"
"So many wrong things after her arrival and she left suddenly."
"Where?"
"How should I know that? Aren't you her girlfriend?"
"I am, but..."

 

Yerin's mind raced wildly. It was inconceivable that when she set foot in Paris, she even entered into a huge confusing maze and at that moment, she felt bothy hopeless and helpless. The only thing that relieved her a bit was the fact that Yewon and Sojung were lovers, which also meant that the suspicion that there was an affair between Yuju and Yewon could be refuted.

 

"We don't know where she is."
"Neither do I, so—"
"So, you may leave." Sojung smirked.
"Sojung-ah. Don't be so harsh like that."
"Oh. Please."

 

Yerin glanced at Yewon. Deep inside, she knew that Yewon hid something.

 

"Kim Yewon-ssi."
"Please. I really don't know where she is."
"I'm begging you. Please tell me something—"
"I have no idea how many times should I tell you, but that's the truth."
"And what if you lie?"
"And what if I don't?"

 

Yerin was taken aback. She was so sure that there was a secret that the woman was hiding. However, no matter how hard she tries to knock on Yewon's heart, she knows that she must find the key herself. After a few thoughts ran through her mind, she decided to end the conversation. She stood up, followed by Yewon, then glared at her.

 

"Will you please let me know if Yuju ever contact you?"

 

Yerin handed her personal business card.

 

"Sure." Yewon replied courtly.
"And please tell her one thing, would you?"
"Huh?"
"Please tell her that I came here for her." She said. She determined. "And I will take her home with me." She glared at Yewon deeply. "I will take my girlfriend back, and she will come home with me. Only with me."

 

 

*** ***

 

 

"Please don't let your thought consume you that much."
"I'm trying, Bi." Yerin sat at an outside seat in the cafe. "Are you close enough?"
"Yes. Around five minutes away." She chuckled softly.

 

The telephone conversation was cut off. Yerin smiled at a waitress who had just brought her a cup of cafe latte and took a sip. Her mind was in a confuse state when suddenly a man of medium stature and Asian face—from the look on his face Yerin guessed that the man was a Korean, came and approached her. The man looked confused. They stared at each other.

 

"E-Excuse me. Are you a Korean?"
"Ah. Ne." Yerin smiled. "Can I help you with something?"
"Thank God. I can't speak French, and my friend was gone. I don't know where."
"Ah really? Do you still remember where you stay?"
"Yeah. I remember the hotel, but—"
"But?"
"But my friend took my bag with him."

 

Yerin stood up. She grabbed her clutch and opened it for the wallet inside. Before she could take the wallet inside, suddenly the man quickly pulled her clutch and ran at high speed to the left of the road, leaving Yerin who was astonished by the lightning-fast incident. A few seconds of gasping, Yerin immediately ran quickly after the man while screaming. The man was a snatcher.

In a crowded area, the man's movements slowed and Yerin almost grabbed him when suddenly he looked back and said something—which Yerin thought she was speaking French, something she didn't understand. But from his body gestures, she understood that the man was trying to trick the people around him, pretending that he didn't know Yerin who was trying to take the clutch back from his grip. Then the man walked fast and when Yerin continued to chase him and pulled his shirt from behind, he pushed Yerin backwards, and he walked quickly again in the crowd who were confused by the situation.

 

"Yerin! What's going on?" It was a voice she recognised.
"Eunbi. Please help me." Yerin tried to wake up, but her right knee felt numb.
"Why are you chasing that guy?"
"He took my clutch with him."
"Let's take you to the hospital."
"No. Please chase him. I want my necklace back."
"What necklace?"
"The one Yuju gave me."

 

Eunbi went silent. She was sure that her priority is to make her safe, but then she realised that necklace meant a lot for her and she wouldn't shut herself until she got it back. Staring at her face deeply, Eunbi knew she had to do it.

 

"Please."
"You gotta be kidding me." She murmured.

 

Eunbi, who has an athletic stature, ran swiftly after the man and with sharp eyes, she could find where t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter