Brothers

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Choi Yuna. You're back."
"I miss you too, old man. I'm sorry for everything." She laughed a little then hugged the man, a second father to her.
"I miss you, kid. I'm glad that you're—safe and sound."


Choi's family assistant, Mr. Jung-Doo welcomed Yuju at the hospital. The old man has been served Choi family since she wasn't even born. That day, Yuju went to that hospital for that one reason. Her father was hospitalized since last month due to his long suffer disease. It had been a while since the last time she met him. Yuju could still remember clearly how upset was her father when she decided to throw away the inheritance letter and decided to run away to Paris instead.

It was the moment. She entered the room and her sight fixed to the man in front of her.
 

"Appa. Mianhae—" Yuju just couldn't hold her tears. "I didn't know that he would do this all. Now he's trying to get Kim's family business going down as well. I happened to be friends with the daughter. She told me everything. I was shocked that it was Oppa's the person that caused all of this mess. If only I didn't leave—" She regret deeply.
"And it didn't impact on anything the way you think it was, my dear."
"What do you mean?"
"What did you hear? The conversation between your Oppa and Bogeun?"
"Wait. How do you know about—Bogeun Oppa?"

 

He asked Yuju to help him to sit on his bed and smiled lightly. Later he asked Yuju to sit beside him and together they both decided to let themselves drown into a little emptiness, a soothing one for some reason.

 

"It wasn't a coincidence they teamed up."
"Appa, I don't understand."
"Kim Joohyuk was a best friend of mine. I did a wrong thing. He ended up losing everything because of my cupidity." He glanced a little, throwing another smile, confuse Yuju in a double effect. "Joohyuk is Bogeun's father—Yewon's father too. The fact that your brother knew that you're the heir—"
"What do you mean?"
"He's adopted."
"Appa—"
"Yuju, listen. The throne is yours."
"The throne that you stole from your best friend?"
"I didn't do it." He sighed. "We ran into an investment business and I took the oppurtunity he would never take. I never took anything from him. He just didn't see the way I won the game and didn't accept the fact that he lost, that he wanted me to taste the same sour."
"So after all, they're trying to take you down?"
"Yes." Her father replied softly. "We made peace together. Joohyuk and me. But Bogeun believes that everything belongs to Kim family."
"And Oppa simply wants to take it away cause he knew all along that he will never ever be the heir."
"Yes."
"This is so hard to swallow."
"However, it's a fate that you met Yewon and managed to deal with this all."
"I didn't deal with it, Appa. I ran away." She replied.
"Did Yewon—"
"No." He smiled. "Actually, Joohyuk asked me to take care of their family from distance, at the very last moment of him. I watched how Bogeun, Yewon, and Sejeong too, grew up. I always watched them. Bogeun hated me so much. I cried when I received the news, that he passed away."

 

She sobbed as she hugged her father. She never thought that things would end like that. She didn't believe in coincidence. She clearly believes that there is a reason why she met Yewon, that there is a reason why she somehow found the key to a secret herself, and then she had to solve all the puzzles that were still scattered there.

 

"Make him your heir, Appa."
"It's a strong yet reckless request."
"You made him your son. You watched him grow and let him hate you like this. You shaped him into the man who he is today and just suddenly you took everything from him. After all, it's you who should be responsible for everything."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yerin woke up in the morning and realizing she left her phone in Eunbi's car that night. It actually felt more like a nightmare how everything went so fast—how the night changed so sudden. It was on a Sunday morning that she decided to contact the closest senior at work, Heedo as she was simply needed somebody to listen to her. She was still keeping those questions in her mind but agreed to give Yuju some space she needed too. In addition, she totally supported Yuju and would wait for the right moment so that finally they can be happy again as two.
 

"Why suddenly your life is full of drama?" Heedo whined at her. She just couldn't believe what she heard just now. "But will all be good? I mean, is she safe? This family drama. I just can't believe it. That should stick inside K-Drama only."
"I have no right to involve, unnie." Yerin replied slowly. "I know she will fix it and be careful. She got her father's protection after all."
"What happened in that car was really really scary. I'll be damned." Heedo sighed. "But yeah. I hope she's okay."

Yerin was trapped in her own thought as someone's face went through her mind all over again. She wondered if she was okay—Eunbi. Later she remembered about that night when she looked at her in the eyes, but she couldn't stand it. With all of the mystery lying beneath, Yerin started to lose her mind. Heedo, on the other side, smiled a little to see her junior then tapped her head.

"Yerin-ah. Gwenchana?" She asked. "She'll be okay, right?"
"Ah. Sorry. Yeah I'm worried a lot about her though. Her head was bleeding." Yerin replied with an empty expression as she ended the thought of that one person. "Everything went too fast that I couldn't even do a proper goodbye to her."
"Whose head was bleeding? You didn't mention that." Heedo started to confuse her statement.
"Mianhaeyo. I thought you're asking about Eunbi."
"Well. I didn't. I asked about Yuju, of course. Now since you suddenly talking about your guardian angel." Heedo glanced at Yerin who was in a cute panic. "But I hope she okay that all ended like this. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter