Best Friends Forever

There's Always A Goodbye

 

- Your POV -
 
"Forget it," he said and walked away.
 
His words stabbed me.
 
I couldn't help myself anymore, my tears just spilled out. 
I'm not going to just stand here and watch him walk away though.
I'm not going to lose him again.
 
As soon as he walked out of the door, I ran as fast as I could after him.
 
When I opened the door, I saw him walking on the sidewalk towards, who knows where.
 
"Kikwang!" I yelled after him.
 
He looked back and just stood there for a moment.
 
I ran all the way up to him, until I was right in front of him.
 
I looked at him, his pain showed in his face.
 
I was still crying. I tried to stop but it just hurt so much.
 
Then, without thinking, I slapped him on the face, hard.
 
He stared at me with shock.
 
"You jerk! You have no right to say those things to me! It wasn't my choice to leave!" I yelled, "I was forced to! Do you know why I didn't say bye? Because I just couldn't Kikwang, It hurt though, a lot. I thought I could forget about you, but I couldn't, I thought about you guys every single day. And when my mother died, all I could think about was how much I wish you were there to comfort me! I thought you were my best friend!" 
 
I thought I was about to explode right then. I finally let it all out. I fell to my knees right infront of him and cried, hugging myself for comfort.
 
All of a sudden, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my body.
 
I looked up. Kikwang was also on his knees, hugging me. I then hugged him back.
 
We stayed like that for a long time, unaware of the world around us. 
 
He finally pulled back and looked me in the eyes.
 
"I'm so sorry ____." he started. "I didn't know. I really didn't. And I didn't mean it, I guess I just missed you so much. I'm sorry for letting it all out on you."
 
I nodded, my eyes still puffy from crying. 
 
"I am your best friend, and I will always be. I promise." he said making me smile a little. "I will make it up to you though. How about some ice cream?" he asked.
 
"Yah, Lee Kikwang, do you think ice cream will make me forgive you?" I asked.
 
"...Umm, yes?" he said, unsure of himself.
 
"Ok then, let's go." I said smiling.
 
People were now staring and saying stuff.
 
"Man, kids these days." 
 
"Awh, isn't that cute?"
 
"Get off the sidewalk!"
 
"Soo sweet!"
 
Me and Kikwang looked at each other and started laughing. He pulled me up and we walked back into the mall to the other guys.
 
As we walked in side by side, I heard them sigh in relief.
 
"There you guys are!" Yoseob oppa said.
 
"Ahh, noona were you crying?!" DOngWoon asked, worried.
 
"Kikwang what did you do to my sister?!" JungWoo asked, making a fist.
 
"Guys, its ok. I already forgave him." I said, trying to calm JungWoo down.
 
"Good. Kikwang, if you ever make ____ cry again, I will hurt you!" Threatened Junhyung.
 
"Don't worry hyung, I won't." he said, "Anyways, let's go to the ice cream place!"
 
DongWoon and Yoseob looked at each other and yelled, "ICE CREAM!" at the same time.
 
[At the ice cream place.]
 
We talked for a long time. We were filling each other in on our lives without one another. We laughed and had a good time. This brought back so many memories. It was just like old times. 
 
It then got pretty late so Kikwang offered to drive me and JungWoon home. We were going to hang out again tomorrow. 
 
"____, I want to see your appa again. It's been a long time." Kikwang said.
 
"Ok fine, just come inside then." I said.
 
"Appa, We're home!" I yelled. 
 
There was no reply.
 
I sighed, knowing exactly what that meant. He was working again, even though we just got back today.
 
"I'm sorry oppa, he's not here." I said, giving him an apoligizing look.
 
"It's ok. It's just like before, I remember when I would come over and only your mom was here." He said. When he mentioned my mom, I got a little sad. It must've shown, because he said, "Oh sorry, I mean... Uh...nevermind." He said scatching the back of his head.
 
I smiled, "It's ok, I'll see you tomorrow."
 
"Ok, bye bestie!" he said and cheesed. I laughed and opened the door for him.
 
I washed up and then went to bed. For the first time in months, I actually slept peacefully. 
Without nightmares.
Without waking up in the middle of the night.
Just sleep.
 
[The next afternoon]
 
"Wake up!" I heard a voice call.
 
"uggghhh, I don't want to." I said and rolled over.
 
"YOu lazy bum, it's already 1 in the afternoon!" It said again.
 
"What?!" I said as I sat up.
 
I looked at who it was, JungWoo.
 
"Yeah, you must've been tired. You never slept this long before." he said and walked out.
 
I finally got up and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I'm meeting up with oppas at 3.
 
I finished and straightend my hair, and picked out a casual outfit. I looked like this. 
 
I finished and was about to walk out the door, when appa called for me.
"____, where are you going?" he asked.
 
"I'm going to hang out with my Kikwang and the others." I said.
 
"I am happy to see you happy again ____, but you have to remember the deal we made, arasso? You will be going to the university in a month." he said and walked back upstairs before I could say anything else.
 
Awh man, I forgot all about the deal. I don't get why I have to go anyways. I really don't want to inheirit the family buisness so I have to find a way to persuade him not to make me.
 
My thoughts were interupted when I got a text. It was from HaEun.
 
From:HaEun
To: ____
 
____, where are you? You were supposed to be at the coffee shop at 2:30.
 
 
From:____
To: HaEun
 
I'm so sorry HaEun! I forgot all about that >.< I'm meeting Kikwang and the others now. Remember them? Could you go to the park by my house instead? That way we can all hang out together! ^^
 
From:HaEun
To:____
 
It's ok (:
Yeah, I will be there in a few!
 
 
I closed my phone and walked out the door.
 
I made it to the park, and the guys were already there. JunHyung was BBQ-ing, DongWoon and HyunSeung were watching him, Yoseob was at the swing sets begging Kikwang to push him, and DooJoon was setting up the table.
 
I smiled as I walked up to them.
 
"____!!" Yoseob and Kikwang yelled and ran up to me.
 
"Hey oppas." I said.
 
"Umm, if you don't mind, HaEun will be joining us too." I said.
 
"HaEun? That girl who used to be around us all the time?" Kikwang asked.
 
"Eww! That HaEun?" Yoseob said with a weird look on his face. He never did like her, I wonder why.
 
"Awwh, does she have to come?" DongWoon whined. 
 
"Yes Woonie. Don't be mean, she is my friend." I said, "Why don't you guys like her anyways?"
 
"I just don't." muttered Yoseob.
 
"Yeah, me too." said DongWoon.
 
"Guys, stop acting childish. ____, yes she is welcome." said DooJoon oppa.
 
Right after he said that, I saw her walking towards us. 
 
______________________________________________________________________________
Ehh, I guess this is somewhat longer than the other chapter.
Hehe, Thanks to all the comments and  subscribers!
I love you! <3