Day Off

There's Always A Goodbye

 

- Your POV -
 
It's been a month. A long and busy month. I've been caught in between preparing for school, helping my dad and SungMi with their wedding plans (which is only in three weeks), and helping the guys get ready for their debut. Yep, they passed the audition and are now called Beast! I don't know why they are called that, they are nothing like Beasts. But then again, if you see their home... That kind of does suit them.
 
Anyways, the audition went perfectly. Usually it would take about three months to debut, but they got all the dances down and all the songs memorized, so the head of Cube let them debut in a month. Actually, its been a month and they are going to perform on stage for the first time next week. They aren't the only ones that are debuting though. Jiyong's group, Big Bang, is also going to this week, which is tomorrow.
 
I don't really want to go see the preformance (Big Bang's), but my dad is forcing me to. The reason is that I'm afraid to get too close to those guys. I've been seeing a lot of them because they're always at my house. We've been laughing and having unintentional fun together. I don't want to get any closer. I keep thinking that once I start depending on them, I will lose them.
 
But why don't I feel the same way about Beast? It's because something in my mind is telling me that we won't be parting ever again... But of course that's impossible. Hey, I can wish right?
 
Today is actually a free day for me. All of the school and wedding preperations are done. I stayed laying in bed, thinking of what to do today.
 
My dad and SungMi were out on a date, JungWoo was at his friend's house, and Jiyong was at practice. That left me all alone in this huge house.
 
I was just going to close my eyes again and go back to sleep since I was still tired, but I was interrupted by my phone vibrating.
 
I looked to see that it was a text.
 
From Kikwang: ____ ah! Come open the door for me, I'm freezing! >.<
 
I smiled and walked down to let him in.
 
His face was pale and his nose was all red. He looked cold, but I couldn't help from laughing at him.
 
"Yah! That's not funny! I've been knocking on your door for 15 minutes! Did you ignore me on purpose?!" He said, barging in.
 
"Sorry oppa, I didn't hear the door. I was sleeping." I explained.
 
"Yeah, sure you were." He said in a sarcastic voice.
 
"Oppa, you don't believe me?" I asked in the most aegyo voice I could do. I even added a pout just to make it harder on him.
 
He looked at me with his face turning slightly redder. "I-I uh..." he sighed, "Fine, I believe you."
 
I smiled with satisfaction and headed towards the kitchen. "So what are you doing here anyways?" 
 
"What? I can't come visit my best friend?" He asked. "What kind of world do we live in ?! Fine I will leave...Forever!" He stomped towards the door overdramatically. I rolled my eyes and laughed because I knew he was kidding.
 
"Aigoo, you know what I meant. Don't you have practice today?" I asked.
 
He walked back to the kitchen and went directly to my fridge. "Nah, manager hyung gave us the day off." He took out a can of soda and drank it. Aish this bipolar guy treating my house like his own.
 
"Oh, then you must be tired, you should go rest." I said. 
 
"Anni, I want to spend the day with you!" he said.
 
"A-are you sure? You've been practicing all week, and-"
 
"____, trust me, I'm fine," He said with a more serious tone, "So anyways, the other guys are at the park right now. Wanna go?"
 
"Uh, yeah. Let me go get ready first."
 
I quickly showered, changed, and did my hair.
 
When I walked into the living room, I could see Kikwang taking a nap on my couch. I knew he was tired! That liar...
 
I tip toed quietly over to him and stared at his face. He looks so peaceful... Should I let him sleep?
 
I thought for a moment and decided to leave him be.
 
Just as I was about to walk away, he grabbed my arm.
 
I spun around to face him and saw that his eyes were still shut. What the heck?
 
Was he really still sleeping? I waved my hands infront of his face to see if he would respond. Nothing.
 
I tried removing his grip quietly, but was startled when he said something.
 
"Mmm, Umma, don't go, I want... Some food..." and with that, he released me and went back to snoring.
 
I stood there trying to hold all of my laughter. This guy really is still a kid at heart. I went to the kitchen and started making some breakfast.
 
Twenty minutes passed and I was finished. I skipped over to the couch and saw Kikwang clutching my throw pillow like a child.
 
I bent down and shook him gently.
 
"Kwangie..."
 
No answer.
 
I shook him a little harder and called out his name again. 
 
Still nothing.
 
I sighed and then an idea hit me.
 
I ran back to the kitchen and grabbed the plate of food I just made.
 
I held it right up against his nose and of course in seconds, he jumped right up and took it.
 
"Wow, this looks so good! Komawoyo! I love ya!"
 
That last part... He was kidding right? He only meant friendly love right?
 
By the way he said it, so casually. It probably didn't mean much to him, but that just about made my heart stop.
 
By now, I knew that I really liked Kikwang. No denying it. But I am not going to tell him. If we ever become something more and then break it, what will happen to our friendship? I can't ever live through leaving him again. I'd rather have him as my best friend, than not having him at all.
 
And besides, I don't think he feels the same way. He probably sees me as a sister or something.
 
I tried clearing my thoughts, but that got me nowhere. Hmm, I should just go clean the mess I made in the kitchen. I started walking away but Kikwang blocked me.
 
"O-oppa, what are you doing?" I asked.
 
"Nothing. Why is your face red? Are you sick? Here eat some of your food! It's really good." He scooped up a spoonful and raised it towards my mouth. Without thinking, I pushed his hand away and the food scattered all over the floor.
 
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I-!" I bent down and picked up scraps of food.
 
I saw his figure bend down infront of me. He stopped my hand from moving.
 
I stared at him. "Are you okay?" He asked.
 
"I guess... I'm sorry," I replied looking down at his hand on mine.
 
"____, if something is bothering you, just let me know," he said. 
 
"Nothing's bothering me! Just... forget it. I'm just a little stressed."
 
"Oh, so do you want to just cancel going to the park? I'll tell the guys, if you want," he suggested.
 
"Anni, I want to go." I said, watching as he let go of my hand to picked up the remaining bits of food on the ground. His hand was replaced by a cold sense of lonliness on mine.
 
"Arasso. Let's go now then!" And with that he took my hand in his again, draggin me out the door. The warmth instantly came back as fast as it had left.
 
-
The park was fun. It was relaxing and full of laughter. What was weird was that no one else was there, even though it was all sunny out. 
 
This is probably going to be the last time we get to hang out like this for a while. I have to go to the university soon, and the guys are going to be busy getting famous. I guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts.
 
"Come on guys! The volleyball net is all set up, lets play!" exclaimed Yoseob.
 
We got into teams and just as I was about to serve, rain pounded down on us out of nowhere.
 
This wasn't a sprinkle or anything, it fell so hard that it actually hurt. Hmm, so that's why it was so empty here.
 
We all started panicing and scrambled everywhere to collect everything. 
 
"What the hell?!" screamed JunHyung.
 
"Why didn't anyone actually watch the news?!" asked HyunSeung.
 
"You're the one to talk! I told YOU to check it!" Yelled DooJoon
 
"Hyung, grab the hot dogs!" Said DongWoon.
 
I was trying to take down the net but I had no idea what I was doing. I couldn't see anything. The rain almost looked foggy.
 
I suddenly felt someone grab my arm. I didn't have to see to know that it was Kikwang.
 
"Just leave it! Let's go!" he yelled, pulling me. 
 
Oh , I just realized that we walked here!
 
He paused for a moment and took off his jacket, slinging it over my head. He then got down and told me to get on his back.
 
"B-but, I'm heavy and-" I started, but he just put my arms around his neck and lifted me up. As soon as he was standing, he sprinted towards my house.
 
I don't know how, but we eventually made it back. Kikwang put me down gently and collapsed on the couch. 
 
"Kikwang! Are you okay?!" I asked.
 
"Y-yeah... I'm just tired, from running. I think I'm going to take a nap on your couch now," he said, smiling.
 
I went into JungWoo's room and grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants, since they were the same size.
 
"Here, change into this first, your clothes are wet and you'll get sick," I said and gave them to him. You can use the shower down here. I'm going to shower in the bathroom in my room." 
 
He nodded and walked towards the bathroom.
 
_
I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. My hair was wet and messy. My face was covered in mud. I could hardly recognise myself.
 
I stepped in and let the dirt rinse off of me. As I was putting shampoo on, I noticed a black speck from the corner of my eyes.
 
I turned around to be face to face with a huge spider!
 
I screamed right away, not knowing what to do. I kept my eyes on it, making sure it wouldn't come any closer, and I swear that just in winked at me!
 
I couldn't tell if I was still screaming because my ears were ringing. I think I was though, because I heard Kikwang's voice from the other side of the door.
 
"____! What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" He sounded worried.
 
"No! Help me!" I yelled.
 
"Okay, um, are you covered?" He asked.
 
I looked around and grabbed a towel. I quickly wrapped it around me and backed slowly away from the huge creature infront of me.
 
"Kikwang! Hurry!" I yelled.
 
The door flew open and he barged right in. "What is it?!" he asked.
 
I pointed towards the spider and his gaze followed it.
 
"Holy ! That bastard is huge!" he said, wide-eyed.
 
"Ahhh! Kill it!!" I screamed.
 
He ran out of the room and returned seconds later with JungWoo's baseball bat.
 
"Alright you little , time for you to go," he said, and with one swing, I heard a splat.
 
I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see the blood and guts.
 
With my eyes still closed, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. 
 
"It's okay, It's gone now," he said in a soothing voice.
 
I looked up to see Kikwang hugging me.
His hair wet.
Nothing but his pants on.
And me, only in a towel.
 
He must've realized the situation because he quickly let go.
 
His face was bright red and I'm sure mine was ten times worse.
 
"Oh, s-sorry, I'll let you get dressed, and um... yeah," he started walking away.
 
"Wait oppa! Umm, thanks... for saving me just now, and from the rain," I said shyly.
 
He smiled and said, "No problem, that's what friends are for."
 
Hearing that, my heart sank, and not in a good way.
 
===============================================================================
Omgosh! I haven't update in so long!
I'm sorry guys! >_<
So for an apology, I added a pretty long chapter. (:
Okay so the spider part was actually true about me.
I was super scared, but unlike the ____, a hot guy didn't save me! D;
Haha, I had to kill it myself, but thats another story (;
Anyways, thanks to all of my readers, commenters, and subscribers!
You guys are my motivation! <3