First Date

There's Always A Goodbye

 

- Your POV -
 
"Noona, wake up. Dad wants to talk to you," I heard as I rolled over in bed. 
 
"Urrgh, leave me alone," I mumbled, pulling the sheets over my head. 
 
"Fine. I'll just tell dad that you told him to leave you alone," said JungWoo as he shrugged and left the room. I came to my senses and abruptly got up. 
 
As I passed JungWoo, I whacked the back of his head. "Ow! What the hell?!" he asked. 
 
I rolled my eyes and said, "That's for being an so early in the morning."
 
He rubbed the back of his head and muttered something under his breath.
 
I walked into the kitchen and saw my dad reading a newspaper at the table. SungMi was busy cooking something. SungMi and I have been getting along pretty well but I can't seem to make myself call her "Mom" just yet. 
 
"Ahh, ____. I just wanted to remind you that your classes start next week. They sent you your schedule today." He handed me an envelope. "That's all. Oh and do me a favor and wake your brother up."
 
"What? JungWoo is already awake," I said.
 
"I meant your other brother," he answered without looking up.
 
, why do I have to do it? Yesterday's events are still too awkward for me. I sighed but did as my dad said. 
 
I knocked on the door and called out his name. 
 
No answer.
 
"Jiyong."
 
Still nothing.
 
"Fine, G-Dragon?"
 
. . .
 
"Aigoo."
 
I just twisted the handle and barged right in. 
 
He was still sleeping exactly how me and Kikwang left him. I went over to him and shook him. He groaned but didn't wake up. I then picked up a pillow and threw hard at his face.
 
"Yah! What the h-" he stopped then rubbed his head with a pained expression. "Ahh, my head feels like . What the hell happened last night?" He asked.
 
I thought for a moment and said, "Well you came home drunk and then things happened then you passed out."
 
He gave me a weird look, "What do you mean by 'things happened'?"
 
"N-nothing. It was just kinda hard getting you up here," I mumbled.
 
"Oh. Are you sure nothing happened? I tend to lose my mind a little when I get drunk," he said.
 
A little? 
 
"Yeah, I'm sure." 
 
He nodded, "Oh, and what happened to HaEun?"
 
Oh yeah, I forgot all about her. I didn't even notice when she left.
 
I just shrugged and walked out.
 
I walked back to my own room, hoping to get some more sleep in. 
 
Just as I laid down, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Kikwang.
 
To ____: Good morning beautiful! <3
 
A smile instantly formed on my face. 
 
To Kikwang: Good morning Kwangie! You're so corny sometimes.
 
To ____: Yes, but you still love me! (;
 
To Kikwang: Sadly, I do.
 
To ____: Yay! Oh, and be ready in ten minutes.
 
To Kikwang: What? Why?
 
To ____: Because I'm taking my girlfriend out, silly!
 
I blushed and smiled stupidly to myself. 
 
To Kikwang: Okay.
 
I put my phone away and searched through my closet for an appropriate outfit. 
 
"I think you should go with that green shirt there," I heard behind me. 
 
"Thanks!" I said unconsciously. Then I froze and turned around. It was Jiyong. 
 
"Yah! What are you doing in my room? Wasn't your head hurting like two minutes ago?" I asked. 
 
"'Yah'? Show some respect, I'm older than you. And I'm fine," he said. He was laying propped on my bed with his cheek resting on his hand. I ignored him and told him to get out again. 
 
"Why? Too busy preparing yourself for your boyfriend?" he smirked.
 
"Yes. Now get out," I said.
 
He blinked at me, "What? You're not denying it?"
 
"Why would I deny something that's true?"
 
"Hmm, so you guys are actually dating now?"
 
"Yes. Shouldn't you be practicing or something? Don't you have a performance this week?"
 
"Yeah," he scratched the back of his head and stood up, "I'll be going now. Oh,  and congrats." He sounded kind of... sad?
 
"Thanks," I said. I watched him leave and felt a little guilty. I don't know why though. I didn't do or say anything wrong right?
 
 
- Jiyong's POV -
 
"Thanks," she said. I silently walked out.
 
When she admitted to dating Kikwang, I felt a pain in my chest. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later though.
 
I should be happy. This is probably for the best.
 
Hopefully my freaking heart gets the hint to back off.
 
I sincerely wish them the best of luck, because if ____ is happy, then that's enough for me.
 
I grabbed my car keys and headed to practice.
 
 
- Your POV -  
 
I finally settled on an outfit and ran my fingers through my hair for some last minute touch-ups. 
 
I then heard a knock on the door and some muffled voices. It was Kikwang's and my dad's. 
 
My eyes widened. He's probably going to tell my dad that we're dating! I can't let that happen, my dad will go crazy if he finds out!
 
I ran downstairs, almost tripping twice in the process. 
 
Both their heads turned to me.
 
"Why are you panting like that?" my dad asked.
 
"Yeah, are you okay?" asked Kikwang.
 
"Mmhmm, I'm fine."
 
They looked at me suspiciously, but nodded anyway.
 
"Oh, Sir, I have something to tell you," said Kikwang.
 
Oh, no.
 
"____ and I are-" He couldn't finish because I had my hand over his mouth. 
 
My dad stared at us weirdly.
 
"I'm sorry appa, I think Kikwang here is crazy. If you'll excuse us, I'll be taking him to a mental institute now," I said, dragging him out of the house.
 
As soon as we got outside, I let him go.
 
"What was that? Why wouldn't you let me tell him?" he asked.
 
"Because my dad is so obsessed with me concentrating on school, and if he finds out that I have a boyfriend, he will flip out and you'll probably lose an arm... or your head," I said.
 
"Okay okay, I get it. Well, let's go!" he said, pulling me towards his car.
 
"Wait, don't you have practice or anything?" I asked.
 
"Not until tonight. So right now, I'm all yours!"
 
I smiled as he opened up the passenger door for me.
 
Ten minutes later, we arrived at the ice cream shop.
 
"Why are we here? Don't you think it's too early for ice cream?" I asked.
 
"Of course not! It's never too early for ice cream! And we're here because I have to take my favorite girl to my favorite place!" 
 
My face heated up and I didn't know what to say.
 
I heard Kikwang chuckle and looked up at him with curious eyes.
 
"Aigoo, so cute," he said as he pinched my cheek.
 
"Y-yah!" I yelled, embarrassed, as I lightly pushed his hand away.
 
"'Yah'? I'm your oppa, you can't say that to me!" he said pouting. Hmm, second time I heard that today.
 
"I'm sorry oppa," I said.
 
"No no, this is something that can't be forgiven that easily," he said, crossing his arms.
 
"Then what can I do to make it up to you?" I asked.
 
"You have to kiss me," he said. "Right here," he pointed to his lips.
 
"W-what?! Now?" I asked.
 
He nodded his head eagerly. 
 
"But... Aish, fine..." 
 
I closed my eyes and slowly moved closer to him. 
 
I waited for our lips to meet, but instead, I felt a peck on my cheek.
 
My eyes darted open.
 
"Hey!" I yelled.
 
Kikwang chuckled and got out of the car. Jeez, this boy has made me blush three times already, within twenty minutes!
 
He opened my door and put his hand out in front of me, like he wanted something. I stared at it. What does he want? Money? 
 
I reached into my pocket and put money in his hand.
 
He blinked at it, then laughed. I was confused.
 
"Babo, I don't want your money! I want your hand," he said.
 
"My hand?"
 
"Yes, give it to me."
 
I slowly reached out and put my hand in his. So this is what it feels like to hold hands... It feels nice.
 
We went into the shop and ate. Afterwards, we went to see a movie, then just walked around town. Not once had our hands separated, well maybe when we went to the restroom.
 
Soon it was night time. Kikwang looked at his watch and then to me.
 
"I have to go in twenty minutes, so is there anywhere else you want to go?"
 
I thought for a moment and thought of something. I nodded and told him.
 
A couple minutes later, we were at my mom's favorite place in all of Seoul. 
 
 
We were on Wonhyo Bridge (I think that's the one in the picture, I'm not sure though) over the Han River.
 
This place is really special to both me and my mom.
 
 
Flashback
 
Right after my dad told us we were leaving I was really upset. 
 
My mom came up to me and said, "Don't be sad baby, come on, I will take you somewhere very special!" I nodded and she drove me to the Han River.
 
"Umma, how is this place special? I pass it every time I go to school," I said.
 
She smiled and looked out to the river, "This is the place your dad and I met. This is where he proposed to me. This is the place that I come to every time I get sad. This place is magical to me and has very deep meaning." 
 
It was beautiful but I still didn't understand why it was 'magical' at the time.
 
She then looked back at me, "Umma will make you a promise. When you finish high school, we will come back to Seoul together and I will bring you here everyday, Okay?"
 
My eyes lit up and I grinned, "You really promise?"
 
She laughed, "Of course!"
 
She held out her pinky and I interlaced mine with hers.
 
"Arasso umma, you can't break this promise or I will never forgive you!"
 
"Don't worry baby, I won't break it." She smiled and we went back.
 
End of flashback
 
 
A tear slid down my face. I'm so sorry umma. I didn't mean it, I forgive you! Mianhae!
 
I felt a finger wipe the tear away from my cheek.
 
"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" asked Kikwang, worried.
 
I shook my head, "This place just has deep meaning to me." 
 
I bent down and picked up a pretty flower from the ground. 
 
"Happy Mother's Day, umma. Saranghaeyo," I whispered. I tossed the flower into the water and closed my eyes. 
 
I then felt Kikwang wrap his arms around my waist. I smiled and we stayed like that for a while longer.
 
**************************************************************************************
 
Hey guys! Long time no see huh? 
Sorry, I've just been pretty busy lately. 
You forgive me though, right? (:
Haha, but this is a pretty long chapter here.
 
And Happy Mother's Day! Give your moms a kiss and tell her you love her, 
because she is the reason you're alive!
God Bless all the moms! ♥