Leaving

There's Always A Goodbye

-Your POV -

I looked straight ahead and all I saw was black.

Feeling uncomfortable, I shifted myself to face the other side of my room. For the twentieth time that night, I sat up and sighed. I didn't get any sleep at all yet. It's mostly since tomorrow is graduation.

Yeah that's right, from high school, and I don't know if I want to go to college or drop school. I've always hated school, I think it's just a waste of time. I knew all of the things they taught already.

Everyday I beg my dad to let me go back to Seoul. I was never bored there. There was always places to go, things to do, and I actually had friends there. I guess that last part was my fault though.

People did try to approach and befriend me, but I never let them get close enough. Don't judge me though, I have my reasons.

I didn't want to make friends because I knew I would have to leave them sooner or later.

Anyways, I don't think I have to get a job because my dad makes plenty of money. He owns a very big company, but I have no interest in taking over it.

It seems very boring, so I offered that my brother should be the heir instead.

I look at the clock again, and it's only 5am. I guess I'll just get ready now. After showering, I fixed my hair into loose curls and picked out something to wear.

This did't take me very long so I was finished by seven. I've always loved doing hair and makeup. I'm pretty good at it too. I got the skills from my mother, she was a pro at it. Maybe one day I could be a successful stylist like she was.

...
Graduation was pointless. I wasn't crying like most of the girls were because there wasn't anyone I would really miss.

I looked around searching for the one face in the audience that I was hoping to see. My dad.

I knew it. He didn't even come to my graduation. He was always busy with work. I decided to leave early because there was no point of staying.

Walking home, a limo pulled over next to me. It looked very familiar, and when the window was rolled down, it did't surprise me to see that it was my dad.

"Hey there, sorry I didn't go to your graduation. Something came up." he said, "Oh get in, I have something to tell you."

I didn't say a word, but stepped into the car.

"I just want to tell you that we are going to move back to Seoul again." He waited a while for my response. My eyes widened.

"Really?!" I asked. He nodded with a slight smile on his face. "Yess! Thank you daddy!" I said and hugged him.

He chuckled, "I knew you would be happy. There is one condition though. You are going to attend Seoul University for four years, and after that, you're going to take over the family business," he said, making me lose all of the happiness.

I didn't want to argue with him now, so I just said yes. I will make him change his mind later, but right now it's time to pack for Seoul!

My brother was mad that we were leaving and didn't take it very well. He loved it here and he even has a girlfriend. My dad said that when he finishes high school in Korea, he could come back. He agreed since that was only in one more year.

My dad, brother, and me walked over to the big gray tombstone in the gloomy looking cemetery.

We were paying our respects and saying bye to my mom. She died in a plane crash three years ago when my dad sent her on a vacation overseas.

He always blames himself even though he didn't mean it. I kind of felt sorry for him.

We finished and silently drove to the airport. For the first time in years, I had tears streaming down my face. I haven't cried there since the first year she left. I guess after one whole year of crying daily, the tears just stopped coming altogether.

I guess I didn't even have enough strength to cry.

The plane ride was really long and the constant glances at the clock made it seem even longer.

"Attention passengers, the plane will be landing in about ten minutes," the pilot said over the speakers, "Have a great day and thank you for flying with us."

I woke up my dad and brother and went to the restroom to freshen up.

The door on the lock said 'unoccupied' so I opened it up, but inside there was a girl about my age bending over the sink. "Oops, I'm so sorry!" I said, quickly lowering my eyes to the ground.

I was closing the door when the girl suddenly called out my name...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, here is the first chapter. Wow, that's short. Haha.
I know it's crappy, but I'm trying my best, so 
please bear with me >.< 
I also know it's boring, but I'll try to 
make it more interesting in the next chappy!
Please comment! Or subscribe.