So Frustrating

Dangerous Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The finance team, Jennie, Rose, and Lisa, as well as the creative team, myself, Yeri, Joy, Jisoo, Chanyeol, and Suho, were already present in the conference room. We were all waiting for Irene to arrive. Was she changing her clothes?

The door swung open. Irene and Wendy entered the room. They sat in the center, next to each other. Did Irene change her clothes? No, she didn't, and neither did she button her shirt. The hickey? She simply covered it with her beautiful black hair. Let's hope she didn't flip her hair back.

Fortunately, she didn't show the hickey until the meeting was over. I was seated at the very end. So I could see Yeri and Joy attempting to notice the hickey. Joy scolded Suho a few times when he looked hungrily at Irene. Joy, you did an excellent job. The meeting was over in two hours or so. I could hear the majority of them sigh in relief. Suho and Chanyeol were the first to leave the room, followed by Lisa and Rose. I wasn't sure if Yeri and Joy truly spent their time clearing up their papers or if they did it on purpose.

Jisoo, who was sitting next to me, twisted her body to face me. “My friends recommended this restaurant to me, Seulgi Unnie, but I'm too scared to go alone. Is it possible for you to accompany me, Unnie?”

“All well, I'll accompany you.” I responded to her request.

She had a big, bright smile on her face. “All right, then, let's go.”

“Now?” She smiled and nodded. “You go first; I still need to speak with Joy.” It was, however, a lie.

"All right, Unnie, I'll wait for you." Her dazzling smile remained permanently carved on her lips. She then exited the room, bowing slightly to Irene.

Irene, Wendy, Jennie, Joy, Yeri, and I remained in the meeting room after Jisoo had left. Irene sighed as she tied her hair up in a ponytail. Everyone who remained in the meeting room let out a loud gasp. She furrowed her brows and glanced at us, perplexed as to why we reacted the way we did.

"What?" she asked.

"Seems like someone was being laid," Jennie remarked, a sly grin on her lips.

"Who?" Was she too innocent or too oblivious?

“Rene, there's a mark on your neck. Of course, you were the one who got laid.” Jennie continued to calmly respond to her.

"Ahh... But I didn't get laid. After giving me this hickey, someone just left me hanging."

I wanted to get out of this room as quickly as possible. Irene was the first person I wanted to speak with. That's why it took me so long to leave this room. But now I regret it. I should just go have a lunch with Jisoo. I could also feel Wendy staring at me.

"Oh, my, Miss Bae, I had no idea someone would dare to do that to you."

Joy drew Irene's attention. "I know right."

"I excuse myself first, Miss Bae, Miss Kim, and Miss Son." I bowed slightly before sprinting away. As I walked away, I could feel their gazes on me. She teased me. I knew, yet it still made me feel embarrassed.

^^^

Until the work hours ended, Irene didn’t button up her shirt. At least, when she went back to her office room, she let her hair down again, covering the hickey. Joy and Yeri were gossiping about the hickey among themselves, but still I could hear them. They were guessing who the one that Irene meant. Joy guessed it was Jennie, while Yeri guessed it was Wendy.

"Our boss and Jennie," Yeri pondered for a moment, "you're right, Unnie, I think they'll make a good match."

"I know right. They—"

I closed my ears to their conversation since I didn't want to hear it any longer. Perhaps they were correct; Irene and Jennie would make an excellent couple. They were both in charge of the company. They knew what they were doing. They were also attractive. When I compared myself to Jennie, I felt small. Wendy appeared to get along with Jennie as well. She didn't despise her as much as she despised me. So, I guess I should know where I'm supposed to be.

"—gi Unnie."

A hand on my arm jolted me out of my trance. I shifted my gaze to the person who held my arm. Yeri was the one who sat next to me. Her eyes were full of curiosity as she peered at me.

"Why, Yeri?" I asked her.

"I called you more than once, Unnie. Are you okay?"

"Were you thinking about Jisoo Unnie?" Joy added in a lower voice, but I still heard it.

Jisoo? Why did she bring her up now? "I'm OK, Yeri," I responded. Yes, I was aware that it was a lie. "And why did you suddenly mention her, Joy?" I asked Joy, who sat near Yeri. Because Jisoo's cubicle was directly in front of me, I lowered my voice.

"Because you two look so close and often go out just the two of you. So, you’re dating her, Unnie?"

Why, oh, why was Joy so curious? Scratch that, not just Joy, but also Yeri. Seriously though, they shouldn’t be together because I couldn’t take them at the same time.

"No, we’re not."

"Aww, why?" The duo looked so disappointed.

"Besides our boss and Ms. Kim, you and Jisoo Unnie will be a good couple too, Unnie."

"Or is it a one-sided love? You want us to help you, Unnie?"

"Oh, Yeri is right, we can help you, Unnie."

They helped me? Oh, no, thank you; that sounded disastrous to me. “There is no need. Really.”

They exchanged glances. “All right, Unnie.” They then cracked up laughing.

Suspicious, to say the least. Let's just hope they didn't do anything strange.

^^^

Oh, I was so wrong. They were actually doing something. They forced me to spend nearly all of my time with Jisoo. Don't get me wrong: Jisoo was kind. She was one of the office's neutrals. I mean, she didn't truly despise Irene. Sometimes, but not always.

She is likewise attractive, albeit not as much as Irene. Okay, I'm sorry. I became biased. It was due of Irene. She had me enchanted.

On Thursday night, after the project with RV Company was done, Irene treated us to dinner. Where, you ask? She brought us to Moonbyul’s restaurant. I looked for Moonbyul when we came.

"Byul Unnie, don’t say a word about me and my boss coming here before." I whispered to her. My eyes pleaded.

"Okay, Kkang-Seul, you can count on me." She reassured me.

I smiled and felt blessed because, for once, I could count on her. "Thank you, Unnie." Then I got back to them and sat beside Jisoo.

The duo, of course, would do such a thing. Irene sat across from me, followed by Wendy, and then the duo. Chanyeol and Suho sat beside Jisoo. At the very least, I was able to get a good look at Irene's face. She did, however, appear to be unhappy. Why?

"Hello. Can I take your order now?" Moonbyul came to our table.

Irene was the one who ordered for us. She also ordered three types of drinks: soju, beer, and cola. Did she order cola for me or for others too? I tried to steal a glance at her, but she didn’t look back at me. Did she avoid my gaze now?

"Thank you for your hard work." Irene gave a speech before we ate. "Please remember that this can’t happen again. We can’t talk about the project that we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter