The Ex

Dangerous Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy arrived at Irene's apartment at 7.30 p.m. She brought dinner, Joy and Yeri were happy because of it. We ate together and it didn't take long for them to finish their food. Wendy was looking at Irene with concern on several times.

“Tell me, Wan,” said Irene after we finished our dinner. “I’m okay now.”

Wendy, who was sitting on the lone couch, cast a glance at me. "Now? Here?" She looked unsure.

"Yes, Seulgi knows. Oh, I forgot to introduce you." She stared at Wendy, Joy, and Yeri in turn. "This is Seulgi, my girlfriend." She encircled my arm.

“Seul, they’re my closest people. Seungwan or Wendy, my friend since middle school, my junior actually. She used to chase after me because she had a crush on me and we became close friends to this day."

Subconsciously, I frowned; somewhat surprised by the new fact I had received. Does she hate me because she still likes Irene?

"Don't be jealous, it's a story from middle school and she already has a girlfriend too." Irene added, upon seeing my expression.

Wendy sighed and rolled her eyes. "Please, Unnie, it was simply a curiosity because Unnie was so scary."

Irene laughed. "Second, Sooyoung, alias Joy, was my neighbor when I was still living at my parents' house, and we attended the same university when I was in college. She was also my junior. She's Seungwan's girlfriend."

My eyes widened. What else is this? Seeing my expression, they laughed. "I thought you were going out with Yeri because you guys fit really well."

"Yeah, it fits really well to tease Unnie, huh." Joy teased. “But I'm not surprised, really, when I know Unnie is dating Joohyun Unnie.”

"I thought Unnie was dating Jisoo Unnie." Yeri said. "I'm very sure when Unnie covered the mark with band aid."

“You just didn't notice it, Yer; another person had a mark on her neck that wasn't covered with a band aid. Even though she wore a turtleneck, I still saw it." Joy replied to Yeri's words. "Then you didn't know that someone glared at us at that time?"

"Huh? Who, Unnie?" asked Yeri, who just knew about it.

Irene rolled her eyes, a bit annoyed. "I was the one who glared at you two. You guys teased Seulgi that she just spent the night with Jisoo, while in reality, she spent the night with me."

"How could I have missed Joohyun Unnie's mark? I've never suspected Seulgi Unnie would like Joohyun Unnie, either." Yeri remarked this with a pout on her lips. She seems dissatisfied with herself.

"That's why you're losing." Joy burst out laughing. "Wait, who was the first to request a date?" Joy's question drew their attention to me and Irene.

"Seulgi," replied Irene.

"Yes, I win again. Yerim and Seungwan Unnie are losing," said Joy then laughed happily.

Yeri pouted her lips more. "Ugh, another lose."

I stared at them, confused. "What do you guys mean?"

"They made bets on us. The first bet, you have a crush on whom? The second, who asked for a date between us." Irene explained it to me and she looked okay. Don't tell me the evil duo has been like this many times?

“Even you join them, Wan,” said Irene, teasing Wendy.

Wendy chuckled. "I just answered carelessly that time and they counted me in too."

"Well, you guys make me speechless." I didn't even know what to say.

Irene rubbed the back of my hand. "It's okay, Seul. I'll go on. The third, Kim Yerim, my cousin. Since she was little, we've been close until now. Because she often played at my house, she met Sooyoung. It turned out that they like the pranks and until now, they haven't gotten tired of pranking people. That duo is such an evil maknae.

"I once scolded her and Sooyoung for making you close to Jisoo." After explaining, Irene gave a small smile.

"Oh, no wonder they just stayed silent in the car," I said, remembering what happened this afternoon.

"That's because both of you were awkward, Unnie, it would be even more awkward if we teased you," explained Joy.

"Duh, really, Joy is too sensitive." I said to Joy. Joy who heard that, put on a proud look.

"Yes, they are pranksters, but they are also the ones who stayed by my side and didn't get tired of convincing me that I'm not alone. Forgive the three of them who have often teased you and Seungwan's very fierce attitude towards you." Irene said this while looking at me with tenderness.

"I told Seungwan the story when you were drunk. That's why she was really angry with you." She added.

"Yeah, I don't want Unnie to have anything to do with jerks again. The problem is, when she had a crush on someone, she was kind of blind and didn't want to listen to what other people had to say." Wendy also added.

I nodded, finally understanding Wendy's reasoning. "Yes, I understand your point."

"There are two people I haven't introduced it to you yet. Later, I will." Irene said to me. I nodded. Irene turned her head towards Wendy again. "Come on, tell me about earlier, Wan. I'm okay now."

Wendy's face turned serious again. "She asked for an advertisement in the form of a video for her restaurant. She had just met with the marketing department. So, we were asked to take care of the project."

Hearing Wendy's explanation, the others and I put on a serious look. It seemed that we were busy with our own thoughts.

"If Unnie doesn't want to meet her, then I'll just handle it," said Wendy again. Then she looked around at me, Joy, and Yeri. "You guys also have to make sure Unnie isn't going anywhere alone. She said she wanted to talk to Unnie again, but I don't know what she would say. So she will definitely keep trying to get close to Unnie."

Irene looked deep in thought. "Should I talk to her?"

I held Irene's hand. "Unnie, are you sure? If that's what Unnie wants, I can accompany you."

"I guess I really need to sort things out first and, well, I don't want to be alone with her. Because, like it or not, I have to be able to face her, sooner or later."

I felt she was trying to convince herself. So, I squeezed her hand gently, which I was holding, signaling to her that she wasn't alone. She turned to me and gave me a smile.

"Thank you, Seul." She said quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter