A Long Day

Dangerous Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I opened my eyes this morning, my boss, Bae Irene, was lying beside me. Her head was on my chest and her feet were tangled with mine. She slung her right arm around my waist. The sunlight was hitting her face, making her look ethereal.

Oh, I must be blessed because I saw an angel the first time I opened my eyes. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, Unnie. How was your sleep?" I asked her with my just-awoke-voice.

She gave me a morning kiss before she answered, "Good morning too. I was sleeping well and I’m still feeling tired. What time is it now?"

I took a glance at the clock. "It is 7.45 AM."

She groaned. "Urgh, we need to get up then."

"Can the boss come late to the office?" I asked her, curious because I had never seen her come late to work.

"No. I should give a good example. Wanna take a bath together, Seul?" Did she tease me or challenge me?

"I’m okay with it." I smirked, challenging her back.

She was getting up and no, she wasn’t topless. I forced her to wear her top pajamas before sleeping last night or should I say this late morning? She walked to the bathroom first, but after going inside for one minute, she came out.

"Hey, Kang Seulgi! Are you a vampire or what? My body is too full of your marks. Tsk!"

I burst out laughing while going to the bathroom too. She stood in front of the mirror while looking at her body. It was indeed full of my marks. I stood behind her and kissed her nape.

"Seems like you need to cover it properly, Miss Bae." Then I chuckled. "Or Joy will notice it. She has sharp eyes because she always noticed when there was a hickey on your neck."

She looked at me in the mirror. "Ah, that was why you asked me to cover the mark before?"

I gave a nod. "Yeah." There was also a mark on my neck, as I noticed. "You're also putting a mark on me, Unnie."

She turned her body to me, leaned her body against the sink. "What if I say we shouldn’t cover the marks?"

"Don’t tell me you’re serious about that, Unnie." I warned her. If we did that, people were going to connect the dots.

"Why? You’re too scared to let people know that you were spending the night with me?" Her expression became serious. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"What? No, Unnie—"

"Get out, I want to take a shower." She pushed away my body from the bathroom, then she locked it.

Great. It was such a great morning. But seriously, what was wrong with her mood swings? How could she change from lovely to cold so fast like that?

While I waited for her to finish showering, I made breakfast: toast with a cup of coffee for me and a cup of tea for her. We ate breakfast in awkward silence. I felt deja vu, too familiar with this. After that, I took a shower too, while she touched up her make-up. She lent me other clothes: a blue shirt and black trousers.

Irene was wearing a black turtleneck a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter