Dangerously Beautiful

Dangerous Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month? Two months? I didn’t know, I just knew that it felt like a decade since the last time she was in my arms. Wendy always had her eyes on me, making sure that I wouldn’t get close to Irene. She was still an evil boss and I was still her ordinary employee.

"What is this?" She asked in a dangerous tone. She was totally mad, but she tried really hard not to explode.

She called me, Yeri, Joy, Suho, Chanyeol, and Jisoo to her office room that morning. She showed us an ad on television.

"Care someone to tell me what is going on? How can that ad have the same concept as our concept for RV’s product?" She pierced her gaze at us. "You guys know that I was so shocked when RV called me this morning? They got so mad because of this matter. So, who’s gonna explain it to me?"

I peeked over at her. Did she look so tired and thin? Was she sick again?

"I-I-I-I’m so-sorry, Miss Bae. It seems it was my fault." I heard Chanyeol speak while lowering his head, too scared to look at Irene.

"Explain more." It was an order.

Chanyeol was going out with his friends a few days ago and got drunk. It seemed he was bragging about our project with RV, one of the biggest companies, to his friends and talked about the concept as well. Apparently, one of his friends worked at our rival company, then voila, that company used our concept for other products.

"You know, Chanyeol, that being drunk isn’t a good thing?" She said that to Chanyeol, but why did I also feel it was for me too?

"What will you do then? What’s your solution?" She asked Chanyeol, who looked so scared and guilty.

"I-I-I-I'll resign, Miss B-Bae." He said.

Irene sighed. She massaged her temples. Was she really sick?

"Resigning isn't a solution." She said. "We'll have a meeting in 30 minutes. I want you," she pointed out to Chanyeol, "to think of another concept. Dismiss for now."

"Y-yes, Miss Bae." Chanyeol replied, then bowed and went out of Irene's office.

The others also bowed and went out. I was the last. Irene massaged her temples again while closing her eyes.

"Are you okay, Miss Bae?"

"What do you think, Kang? Will I be okay in this situation?" She sounded irritated.

Yeah, stupid question, Seulgi. "Did you still have insomnia, Miss Bae?" I changed my question.

"It's not your business, Miss Kang."

I sighed. "I'm sorry for asking, Miss Bae, but please don't be sick." I bowed then went out of her office.

The meeting went on for hours: the first meeting was with the creative team, and the second meeting was with RV's team. It was hard to make them agree with the concepts that we prepared. It was done when the sun had already set.

I went home after that because I missed my bed so badly. My body and my brain felt so tired. After taking a hot bath, my body finally relaxed. After that, I cooked ramen and ate it. I was super hungry to cook something other than ramen. But well, I couldn’t cook much though.

I lied down on my bed and the television, switching to Netflix. Yongsun told me before about a drama that she enjoyed, but I forgot the title. I looked for my phone in my bag.

"Oh, no, where is my phone? Did I leave it on my desk?" I turned my eyes to the clock in my room: 09.00 pm.

So, I took my brown coat and my wallet. I took a cab to my office because it would be faster than taking the subway. Thank God it was a smooth journey. In 15 minutes, I arrived at my office. I said my business to the security then went to the 7th floor, where my office was located.

Weird, the lights were still on and it was unlocked. Did the security forget to do it? Whatever, I just needed to find my phone and went back to my comfortable bed.

"Ah, here you are." I said when I saw my phone on my desk.

Automatically, my head turned to Irene's office. Was that Irene?

My feet led me to her office. Well, I was kind of curious. There was someone sleeping on Irene's desk. I opened the door slowly.

"Oh my goodness!" That person, who had been sleeping just moments before, suddenly peered at me with dreamy eyes. For a split second, she terrified me.

"Kang?" She asked me in her hoarse voice. Damn, it sounded so y.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter