Sorry not Sorry

Dangerous Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt something different in the office that morning. People looked extremely happy. They were like celebrating something. Was someone celebrating their birthday? I walked to Joy’s cubicle. She talked with some coworkers.

"What’s happening?" I asked Joy.

"Our boss isn’t coming to work today." She replied with a big smile on her lips.

I furrowed my brows. "Why? It was so rare for Miss Bae to not come to work. She’s a workaholic."

"She’s sick. I didn’t know that she also got sick." Yeri, another coworker, replied, then everyone around us laughed.

Should I be happy too because Irene didn’t come to work? But why were they so happy that someone was sick? They seemed to enjoy the situation without the dangerous boss. They were happier when, the next day, Irene still didn’t come to work. No one knew about her situation and what kind of disease she had.

^^^

I didn’t realize it before, but Irene’s apartment complex was huge. There was a lot of security. They wouldn’t let me in without the permission of Irene. So, one of the rooms in the reception was called Irene’s room.

"Ah, I remember you, Miss. You were the one who Miss Irene brought over before." He said after hanging up the phone. "Come, Miss Seulgi, I will take you to her room."

What the—? It was so embarrassing. I just nodded and followed him.

We took the lift and he pressed the 10 button. Ah, so she lived on the 10th floor?

Ding! The lift door opened. That man turned his head to me.

"Miss Irene’s room is 1003, Miss Seulgi."

I nodded. "Thank you," I stopped to read his name, "Mr. Ok."

He smiled. "You’re welcome, Miss Seulgi."

I walked out of the lift and looked for room 1003. After finding it, I didn’t know why I stood in front of her apartment door at 8 pm. I brought fruit and food. 20 minutes and I still stood there, but I still hesitated to ring the bell.

So, I decided to go to the minimarket in front of her apartment building. Mr. Ok and other security smiled when they saw me again. Maybe they thought my business with her was done, yet it hadn’t even started.

I was a coward, I know. That was why I bought a can of beer. I still could handle it if just this. I just wanted to let go of some nervousness in me.

When I said I could still handle it, it meant I wouldn’t pass out straight away like the last time, but yeah, it made me drunk and still did stupid things.

"Hello? Why you—"

"I’m so sorry, Miss Bae, because I lied to you. I remembered it after you took off your bathrobe. I was so scared that you would fire me. I’m so sorry, Miss Bae."

"Are you drunk again, Kang?"

"No, no, I’m not drunk, Miss Bae, but yeah, I’m drinking a can of beer. A can of beer won’t make me pass out, you know, Miss Bae."

"With who?"

"Who? Me? I’m alone, Miss Bae."

"Why do you not stutter when you’re drunk?"

"Because I’m drunk." Then I chuckled. "When I’m drunk, I’m not scared of you, Miss Bae."

"Where are you? I thought you were coming to my room."

"In the minimarket in front of your building, Miss Bae. You know, I was at your door for 30 minutes, but was too scared to ring the bell. I heard you were sick, Miss Bae, and I’m worried."

"Stay there, I’m gonna send someone to pick you up." Then she hung up.

"Hello? Miss Bae?" I looked at my phone. "Why did she hang up? But she said to stay here. So, I’m gonna stay."

^^^

I tried to open my eyes when I heard some noises. Ouch, my head hurts. I really shouldn’t drink any alcohol.

"Finally, the sleeping princess wakes up." I heard the voice of a man that I didn’t recognize.

Ah, I slept on the couch. Did I pass out again? I sat up while massaging my temples.

"Who are you?" That man again.

I saw him. He sat on the single couch across from me. Maybe for some girls, this man was handsome, but for me, he wasn’t.

"Why are you still here, Oppa?" Another voice, a woman. I knew this voice very well. She sat beside me. Okay, not really beside me, but on the same couch. She gave a lot of space between us. Yeah, she sat at the far end of the couch.

"Miss Bae, are you okay?" I asked her immediately.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter