Four

Don't make my mind all scrambled up

​​​​​​

 

Recording the album and shooting the music videos were finally done and they were given a very brief two-day break before promotions began.

 

Irene and Seulgi heaved great sighs of relief. They had never needed the break more than they did now. 

 

"I figured we'd just sleep for two whole days." Seulgi chuckled on the way home. "My body feels like jelly."

 

"I didn't think we'd ever get that last part in Naughty down." Irene closed her eyes. She could sleep peacefully right then and there but she willed herself to wait until they got back to the dorm so she can have a full uninterrupted rest. 

 

"Aish, tutting is so hard." Seulgi replayed their last formation. "I never thought we'd be able to bend our bodies like this."

 

 

Shortly after, they arrived at the dorm. Everyone else was at their own homes so it was quiet most of the time. They will never openly admit this, but lately, the two girls miss the chaos.

 

"​​​​I'm so tired." Seulgi closed her eyes and wrapped her arm around Irene."Unnie, please carry me to bed."

 

"Yah, Kang Seulgi!" Irene protested. "You're too heavy!" 

 

Still, Irene dragged Seulgi towards her room.

 

"You're such a big baby." Irene huffed as she pushed Seulgi into the bed. "I'm going to sleep. I'm dead tired. Don't bother me, okay?" 

 

"Why don't you just sleep here instead," Seulgi shrugged. "It would save you some time."

 

"No, thanks." Irene rolled her eyes. "I'm fine losing a couple of minutes if it means I get to sleep in the warmth of my own bed."

 

Several hours later, Irene woke up groggily. The sun had long set and her room already turned dark. She d around for her phone and was mildly surprised to see that it was already 9 in the evening. She padded outside to get some water and to check if Seulgi has woken up. 

 

Fetch me some water too 

 

Irene stared incredulously at her phone. She cannot believe the nerve of this girl. 

 

Get your up and get it yourself. How did you even know I was awake? 

 

Irene barely reached the fridge door before her phone buzzed again. 

 

You forgot to close my door when you left. I could hear you waddling to the kitchen.

 

"I knew you couldn't resist me!" Seulgi's face cracked into a huge smile as soon as she saw Irene begrudgingly holding a tall glass of water at her doorway. 

 

"Shut up." Irene walked in and sat on the bed as she handed Seulgi the glass. "Can't believe we slept for almost six hours."

 

"I'm hungry." Seulgi noted. "But I'm still so sleepy."

 

Irene massaged her neck. "Yeah, and my body is so sore."

 

"Let's take another nap then when we wake up, we'll order some food." Seulgi crawled back under the covers and Irene joined her not long after. 

 

They fell asleep side by side with a considerable amount of space between them.

 

But when they woke up, Irene had one arm loosely wrapped around Seulgi's waist. 

 

---

 

Shooting for Level Up! Project had always been an enjoyable time. It's where the girls get to be somewhat like themselves and have fun while still being able to call it work. So when Irene and Seulgi learned that they get to have their own season for the promotion of the subunit, they were more than thrilled. 

 

However, Irene was a little worried especially when they told the girls that they'd be sleeping in the RV. She and Seulgi have developed the habit of sleeping next to each other some nights because the dorm just felt too big without the rest of their rowdy members. It also didn't help when they watched a scary movie that one time and they (but mostly Irene) couldn't stop thinking about it when it's late at night. 

 

Sleeping together has never been an issue. It's the cuddling that really bothers Irene.

 

Try as she might to position herself as far away from Seulgi as possible when they're just about to sleep, the next day, she would still find herself entangled in Seulgi's arms. Irene hated how much she loved waking up in the warmth of the younger one's embrace, because she knew that she shouldn't feel this way. However, there's only so much one can do when engulfed in a bear-like hug from Seulgi. 

 

They drank soju as part of the filming and already, Irene felt herself getting too warm inside too fast. Maybe it has to do with the fact that despite the many cameras and people watching, it really felt just like it's just her and Seulgi camping. When the shooting was finally down, the cameras removed, and they were settled in the spacious convertible bed, Irene fiddled against the fabric of her blanket.

 

"You still awake?" 

 

Irene hummed as a response. 

 

"I can't sleep either." Seulgi shifted so she's facing Irene and the latter determinedly stared at the ceiling.

 

"I'm tired," Irene started. "But I can't bring myself to sleep yet."

 

"Exactly." She reached over and poked Irene's arm. "I have an idea."

 

"What is it?" Irene finally turned to her side to face Seulgi.

 

"How about let's finish the rest of the soju?" Seulgi grinned. "And we'll play games."

 

Irene shook her head quickly. "We can't. We have to shoot early tomorrow." 

 

Seulgi pouted. "I'll set an alarm."

 

Admittedly, Irene wanted to give in, but she figured that they'd get in a lot of trouble if they were caught. More importantly, she just can't trust herself enough to let her inhibitions down in front of Seulgi. At least not right now.

 

"Once we're done with the promotions, I'll treat you to drinks myself." Irene offered.

 

With one final whine, Seulgi slumped back to her pillows. "Then, just scoot over here. It's so cold. I need your body warmth."

 

Before Irene could think of a valid excuse, she was already being pulled into a tight hug. She smiled despite herself and buried her face on the crook of Seulgi's neck. 'What the hell,' she thought. Irene would just get up early in the morning before the staff comes in so she can effectively put some boundaries between them. 

 

 

Tonight, there's nothing she'd need more than Seulgi's arms wrapped around her.

 

 

 

​​​​​