Twenty Eight

Don't make my mind all scrambled up

 

 

 

After dinner, Joy all but dragged Wendy to her room, saying that they have something important they needed to do. Joy gave Seulgi one last annoying smirk before walking out of sight.

 

Irene and Seulgi washed the dishes quietly at first but soon, Irene was humming absentmindedly and Seulgi was bobbing to the imaginary beat. This didn't seem like enough because it wasn't long before they started full-on singing and dancing in the kitchen.

 

Seulgi smiled. Several weeks ago, she was tearing up at the prospect of never having to know how it feels like to have a relationship with Irene. But now.. Well, they're still not together, but the small moments that they share, like this one, was enough for her.

 

“Unnie, let’s sleep in your room tonight.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“I don’t want to.”

“Please?”

 

“You just want to feel my new sheets.” Irene teased.

 

“So what if I do?” Seulgi answered.

 

“Fine.” Irene rolled her eyes because Seulgi punched the air with much enthusiasm. “But wash up first, okay?”

 

 

 

Seulgi was clad in her bear pajamas when she knocked on Irene’s door.

 

“It’s open.”

 

Seulgi walked in and smiled at Irene lying on her stomach and playing a game on her iPad with her feet on the air.

 

She turned around and locked the door. For good measure.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi plopped down next to her.

 

“What does it look like?” Irene didn’t look up from her game.

 

“Let me play.”

“No, you’ll ruin my high score!”

 

They spent a good few minutes arguing but eventually Irene let Seulgi play. She hovered closely to monitor Seulgi’s progress and she kept pointing out tips and teasing Seulgi when she made a mistake.

 

They were lying in bed and Irene had her chin rested on Seulgi’s shoulder while the latter held the ipad with outstretched arms.

 

“Unnie, I think I might just beat your high score!” Seulgi squealed while Irene groaned.

 

Then Irene suddenly grabbed the side of Seulgi’s face and turned it swiftly so they were now facing each other. Irene looked up at Seulgi through her lashes.

 

“You still wanna play, or you want to do something else?” She purred.

 

“No fair.” Seulgi whispered.

 

Seulgi tossed the iPad aside, the game still flashed on the screen and she grabbed both of Irene’s cheeks and engulfed her lips in a passionate kiss.

 

 

 

After what felt like eternity, they disentangled their hands and faces from each other to catch their breaths.

 

“You tricked me!” Seulgi complained while Irene just laughed.

 

“I just asked you a question. It’s not my fault you’re such a dummy.” She said while still chuckling.

 

 

They spent the night talking, playing, teasing each other, and making out. Irene always stopped the kiss before it got too intense and Seulgi agreed that it was for the best. However, sometimes she just couldn’t stop her hands from wandering.

 

“Pause,” Irene suddenly said and they touched foreheads, panting. “Seriously, Seulgi-yah. Keep your hands to yourself!”

 

“I’m sorry!” Seulgi laughed as she put her palms up. “It’s like they got a mind of their own.”

 

“Okay, maybe I’ll tie them up then.” Irene pushed herself off Seulgi and she went back to lying on the bed beside the taller one.

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened. “Woah.”

 

“What—no! That’s not what I meant!” Irene blushed as she slapped Seulgi’s shoulder. “You are such a ! No more making out. Let’s go sleep.”

 

“Can I be the little spoon?” Seulgi requested.

 

Irene rolled her eyes but she smiled, nonetheless. “Fine. You are such a baby.”

 

Seulgi sighed contentedly as she felt Irene’s hands wrapped protectively around her body. Irene settled her chin on the crook of Seulgi’s neck and they spent several minutes in comfortable silence.

 

“Joohyunnie.”

 

Irene hummed in response.

 

“Should we.. should we talk about it?” Seulgi asked in a small voice.

 

Irene gave a gentle peck on Seulgi’s neck. “Later. Good night, Seulgi-yah.”

 

“Good night.”

 

---

 

Seulgi was scheduled to do a solo photoshoot today and she was grumbling as they cuddled in bed.

 

“I don’t wanna go.” Seulgi pouted. “It’s too early. I wanna stay in our bed all day.”

 

“What do you mean, ‘our bed’?” Irene chuckled. “It’s my bed and you’ve been taking up way too much space!”

 

Seulgi stretched lazily. “5 more minutes.”

 

“You said that 5 minutes ago.” Irene gave her a disapproving look. “Now, get up. Or I’m going to kick you out of my bed.”

 

“Our bed.” Seulgi insisted.

 

“Fine. Our bed.” Irene nodded. “Now, get your lazy up or I’ll kick you out of our bed.”

 

“Okay, okay.” Seulgi grabbed Irene’s shirt and pulled her closer. “Just, one last kiss then.”

 

“You said that 5 ‘one last kisses’ ago.”

“Are you saying you don’t want it?”

 

Irene had no answer to that.

 

 

 

Are you at the studio? I just finished breakfast.

 

Seulgi’s brow quirked up as she read Irene’s text. This was new; they never used to text and update each other personally regarding their schedules, all of them preferring to just relay information on the group text. Seulgi mentally added this to the growing list of things that wasn’t what they used to do. Afterwards, she sent a quick reply.

 

Yes. I just got here.

 

Not even a minute has passed and Seulgi’s phone suddenly lit up again.

 

I miss youuuuu

 

Seulgi smiled as she read the text over and over again. Who would’ve thought that Irene was a clingy girlfriend?

 

But she’s not. Seulgi quickly backtracked. She’s not. She’s not. She’s not. This isn’t a relationship. We’re just friends.

 

Whatever this is, they’ve been doing it in the past week or so. And it’s not like they didn’t know what they were doing; it’s just that whenever they decided to finally talk it out, they would soon get busy doing other things.

 

Seulgi assumed that they were still just traumatized from all the previous talks they had, and she figured that as long as they were both happy and content with where they are now, then there’s really no need to do anything that might disrupt that.

 

I miss you tooooo

 

Seulgi was just glad that after everything that has happened between her and Irene, they were now in a good place and better than ever. At the back of her mind, though, there was still a small voice in her head, wondering when everything will crash and burn.

 

Good luck, Seulgi-yah. Come straight home as soon as you’re done.

 

Seulgi smiled and the small voice in her head disappeared as quickly as it came.