Thirty One

Don't make my mind all scrambled up

 

 

"Unnie, you're glowing."

 

"Am I?" Irene laughed as she pushed her hair back.

 

"You're looking radiant as heck." Joy nodded in agreement. "Seulgi-unnie--"

 

"Sooyoung-ah." Wendy shot Joy a warning look.

 

"I wasn't going to say anything." Joy scoffed but there was a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 

Seulgi was off to do an individual shoot and Irene just came home from her own. The two haven't been spending a lot of time together lately because of their varying schedules and since they were still on the honeymoon stage of the relationship, Irene craved her girlfriend's presence so much, it was almost torture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After what seemed like eternity, they finally had some free time. The girls spent the next five days in hibernation, minding their own business in their respective rooms, catching up on their favorite shows, and in Irene and Seulgi's case, spending almost every minute together. 

 

 

 

"What's gotten into you?" Seulgi laughed because Irene latched herself onto Seulgi and wouldn't let go.

 

"I just miss you." The smaller one snuggled closer to her neck. "Is that not allowed?"

 

"That's allowed." Seulgi pulled her closer. "And encouraged."

 

A knock on the door interrupted their bubble.

 

"Seulgi, Joohyun-unnie, we're going out." Wendy called from the other side of the door.

 

"Where are you going?" Irene sat up and made a move towards the door but Seulgi held her back.

 

"Does it matter where they're going?" Seulgi asked in a teasing tone. "We'll finally be alone."

 

Irene shot her a disapproving look. "Kang Seulgi!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Wendy left, Irene went back to the bed. "Get up. Let's hang out in the living room."

 

"Why? I don't wanna." Seulgi pouted.

 

"We're not gonna fool around, Seulgi." Irene laughed. "We've been spending so much time in our rooms. Let's do something outside."

 

Seulgi grumbled as she followed Irene to the living room. They spent the day hanging out in the living room and Seulgi left soon for a quick workout. 

 

When she got back, Irene just woke up from a nap. 

 

"I just got a text from Yerim-ah." Irene scrolled through her phone. "They're having dinner outside. Do you want to order take out?"

 

"How about I cook you something instead?" Seulgi's face lit up.

 

"Are you sure?" Irene asked skeptically. "Because we have a full schedule tomorrow, I don't want to have indigestion--"

 

"Yah, don't you trust your girlfriend's skills?" Seulgi pouted.

 

"I do trust your skills." Irene laughed. "But I don't trust your cooking skills."

 

While Seulgi prepared their dinner, Irene hugged herself and lied down on the couch. She occasionally stepped in the kitchen to check Seulgi's progress. 

 

Irene shivered as she wrapped a thick blanket all over her body. "It's so cold."

 

"I know, that's what I told our Luvies." Seulgi happily showed her phone to Irene. "I'm talking to them right now."

 

"Can I?" Irene cautiously took Seulgi's phone.

 

"Go ahead, just say what you think I'll say." Seulgi hummed happily as she stirred the pot.

 

Irene gasped. "Happiness reached 100 million views?"

 

"Yeah!" Seulgi laughed.

 

Irene chuckled as she remembered how nervous they were on the day they debuted. "Seulgi-yah, remember the feather duster lightstick?"

 

They both spent a couple of minutes laughing as they reminisced their earliest memories as idols.

 

"We've come a long way." Irene fondly said.

 

"Yes." Seulgi looked at her adoringly before pulling her in for a kiss.

 

While Seulgi finished cooking, Irene continued to chat with their fans as Seulgi.

 

"You give such great advice, unnie." Seulgi noted as she took a peek at what Irene was typing out.

 

Their heads were close together as they read their fans' messages aloud.

 

"I'm like a radio DJ." Irene laughed as she showed the phone to Seulgi. "I'm recommending some songs while I answer our Luvies' problems." 

 

Irene soon ended the chat because Seulgi was done cooking. 

 

"You miss them?" Seulgi asked as they ate dinner. 

 

Irene smiled. "Every day."

 

 

 

 

As the days went on, the weather grew colder.

 

"They said it's going to snow tomorrow." Seulgi commented as she looked out the window. "Gosh, it's so freaking cold, I'm running out of pajamas."

 

"I just bought you, like, 5 sets." Irene raised her eyebrows skeptically.

 

"Joohyun." Seulgi looked at her seriously. "I have been wearing pajamas every day for a whole week."

 

Irene laughed. "I don't know if I love it or hate it when you call me 'Joohyun'."

 

"Do you want me to call you 'My Joohyun' instead?"

 

Irene blushed. "Y-yah, Kang Seulgi."

 

Seulgi closed the distance between them. "Because you are mine. And I am yours. Forever."

 

Irene scoffed. "'Forever' seems like a bit of a stretch, Seulgi-yah."

 

"All right," Seulgi kissed her forehead. "For.. as long as we can."

 

"For as long as we can." Irene repeated before reaching up to place a soft kiss on Seulgi's lips.

 

 

 

 

 

They stood at Irene's balcony, waiting for the first snow to drop.

 

"This would've been more romantic if we were outside." Seulgi sighed as she wrapped her arms around Irene's smaller frame. They were swaying unconsciously as Seulgi hugged Irene from behind.

 

"Yah. You want to freeze to death?"

 

"Did you know that when lovers watch the first snow together, their love will come true?"

 

Irene snorted. "God, that's so greasy. Where the heck did you hear that from?"

 

"Seungwan." Seulgi laughed. "I can't wait to see the first snow with you."

 

"But we already watched the first snow together.. ages ago." Irene recalled.

 

"Not as lovers." Seulgi simply replied.

 

They both sighed as they watched the first snow drop.

 

 

 

 

"I've been so stupid." Irene noted after a long stretch of silence.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because, we could've had this long ago. If I wasn't so.. scared." Irene frowned.

 

"It's fine. I like where we are right now." Seulgi placed her chin on Irene's shoulder. "The important thing is, we're together now. And I love you. And I will cherish every moment we have. For as long as I can."

 

"I love you, my Seulgi." Irene turned her head to look at Seulgi.

 

They kissed as the snow slowly covered everything outside.