Raining Spell for Love

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, I really don't think we should be here."

"Grow some balls and wake him up."

"But he's still sleeping."

"Donghae. Wake. Him. Up."

Hyukjae groaned hearing the voices around him disrupting his sleep. He flipped to the other side of the bed to try and get away from them and get back to his dreamland where he could enjoy the fresh breeze of the ocean while sipping his never ending glass of strawberry milk. It would have worked too if it wasn't for the gentle hand that slowly caressed his legs. 

"Oh for goodness sake Donghae. I told you to wake him up, not start your ."

"Hyung!"

That did it for Hyukjae. He annoyingly sat up on his bed to glare at the two intruders that interrupted his dream vacation. 

"Why the hell are you two so loud!?" After his outburst, Hyukjae immediately regretted it as he was met by Donghae's panicked face and somebody he doesn't know. His mind was still hazy from having just woken up but not so much so that he didn't feel the embarrassment of his outburst. Out of instinct, he started to pull on his blanket to cover a little bit more of himself and possibly hide underneath it. "Wh-What's going on here?"

"Uhh...G-Good morning swee-sweetheart!" Donghae awkwardly greeted Hyukjae then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Hyukjae gasped wide eyed at what Donghae just did and scuffled away from him as though he had just violated his entire body. 

"What are you doing?!"

Donghae tried his best to send Hyukjae signals through his eyes so that Heechul wouldn't suspect a thing but Hyukjae was too freaked out to catch on anything. 

"Oh come on, Hyuk-ah." Donghae tried to reach his hand out to Hyukjae but the latter merely pressed himself against the wall trying to get further away from Donghae. The latter looked at Heechul nervously and tried to think fast how he could explain Hyukjae's panicked reaction. "Uhm...Hyung, can we get some privacy?"

Heechul scoffed and crossed his arms impatiently. "Why? So you can have quick make up ? I don't think so."

Hyukjae furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and shock at what he just said while Donghae simply flushed at Heechul's usual vulgar attitude. 

"I-It's not like that, Hyung." Donghae explained but Heechul didn't believe him at all. "H-Hyukkie's just...um...he's shy."

Heechul raised an eyebrow then shifted his eyes over to Hyukjae who looked like a lost child cowering on the top corner of his bed. Taking pity on him for now, Heechul heaved a heavy sigh and turned around to leave the room. 

"Five minutes, Donghae. I'm giving you five minutes before I get Siwon to come in here and carry the both of you out." He stepped out but then paused when something else popped in his mind. He looked back at them and continued, "With or without clothes," then slammed the door behind him. 

Donghae could only sigh with relief once Heechul was gone but Hyukjae was still so lost and confused about what the  was happening and why the hell was Donghae kissing him!?

"Okay," Donghae started when he saw the look Hyukjae was giving him and knew exactly what was going on in his mind. "I know this looks bad but let me explain."

"Who the hell was that, what the is going on, and why are you kissing me in front of strangers!?!?" Hyukjae asked all at once before Donghae could even explain himself. 

Donghae cleared his throat trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere in the air. 

"Well, that was Heechul hyung. You remember him, right? He made the announcement of our wedding and you saw him at the party too." Donghae attempted for a lighthearted small talk but the scowl on Hyukjae's face only made him feel awkward. "He's-He's here for our wedding."

Hyukjae's body slowly relaxed now that it was just him and Donghae but he was still not quite following what Donghae was telling him. "Our wedding?"

"Yeah." Donghae rubbed his nape sheepishly as he informed Hyukjae of the promise he made the other. "He was nagging at me nonstop yesterday and I may have agreed on letting him be our wedding planner..."

"What?!" Hyukjae exclaimed, not sure if he heard that quite right. "Are you crazy!? You're totally gonna get us caught. Why would you agree to something like that?"

"I know. I know." Donghae admitted regretfully. "I was so used to drowning out Heechul hyung's rants to me that it was just reflex to nod and agree to whatever he says regardless of what it is."

There were too many things going on in Hyukjae's mind right now that he wasn't even sure which one to process first. 

"It's not gonna be so bad." Donghae encouraged hoping it would calm Hyukjae down a bit. "The sooner we give Heechul hyung what he wants the sooner he'd leave us alone. Just play along and if you're not sure what to say just smile and nod. That's usually all he needs or wants from people anyways."

A sudden knock on the door interrupted their talk together and another unfamiliar voice came through. 

"Uhh...you guys, can you come out now? I really don't want to have to carry anyone out back with me."

"Who the hell is that?!" Hyukjae asked in a harsh whisper. 

Donghae just sighed, completely resigned to their situation. "That's Siwon. He's Heechul hyung's partner in everything. We better go outside before Heechul hyung makes him break down the door."

Donghae stood up from where he was sitting on Hyukjae's bed and offered a hand for the latter to take. Hyukjae, who was still groggy from being woken up in the weirdest possible way, took it without much thought and allowed Donghae to pull his body away from the warm comfort of his bed. They walked side by side each other and opened the door just in time to see Siwon just about to break down the door. Hyukjae blinked trying to process it in his head while Siwon visibly sighed in relief. 

"Oh thank goodness. I really thought I was gonna have to break down the door."

Donghae merely tapped on his shoulder sympathetically then pulled on Hyukjae's wrist so that they could both see Heechul together. Hyukjae was still giving Siwon a dumbfounded look to which the latter simply replied with his signature dimpled smile. 

Sure enough, Heechul was sitting on the living room couch with stacks of binders and magazines in front of him as he very calmly sipped on his tea. He took the liberty to open Donghae's living room blinds welcoming Seoul's sunlight in and brightening up the place. Hyukjae squinted his eyes from the brightness while still blindly following after Donghae. 

"Well, it's about time." Heechul greeted slightly grumpy and slightly amused seeing Hyukjae's bed hair and pouted lips. "You should really consider yourself lucky that you're marrying my dongsaeng cause otherwise I wouldn't even waste my time waiting."

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows at him while bringing Hyukjae to sit on the arm chair adjacent to Heechul. 

"Hyung, be nice." 

Heechul did a quick snort at Donghae's overprotective nature coming to light before smiling angelically. "I'm always nice, Hae." 

Hyukjae looked uncomfortable around the three men and simply heeded Donghae's words earlier to keep quiet and to just smile and nod when asked something. He wasn't so sure how well that would work so he tried to hide himself behind Donghae, who was sitting on the arm chair of his seat, hoping that that small act would make him invisible enough to not be seen. 

"So, Hyukjae."

Damn it!

"Tell me, how long have you and my sneaky dongsaeng been seeing each other behind my back?"

For some reason, even though he knew it wasn't true, Hyukjae still blushed at his accusatory words while Donghae simply shook his head with disapproval.

"Hyung, I said be nice." Donghae glanced at Hyukjae and saw his eyes waver a little so he decided to take the lead and try to handle whatever questions Heechul had for them. "Don't bully Hyukjae too much. He's sensitive. That's why I told you to take care of the announcement for us."

Heechul smirked since this was the first time he's seen Donghae this protective over someone. 

"Well, you know I like my designs to reflect the person that's going to be wearing them. How am I supposed to do that if you won't let me talk to him?"

Donghae widened his eyes a little bit at how quick Heechul was able to see through his act and tried to cover up the truth. "W-What are you talking about? Of course that's not what I'm doing."

"Okay then, you wouldn't mind if I have a little one on one chat with your dear Hyukkie?" Heechul challenged without breaking eye contact with Donghae. "I'm sure Siwonnie can take your measurements in the kitchen."

Donghae tensed up and was reluctant to leave Heechul alone with Hyukjae but seeing the unwavering look he was giving him, he knew that whatever attempts he makes would be futile. Taking a deep breathe, Donghae tried to give Hyukjae some small of encouragement by squeezing his shoulders before getting up to follow Siwon to the kitchen. 

"Don't worry, Hae. I promise I won't bite." Heechul said with a wink seeing the look of distress on his face. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter