Alright

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Shoutout to kiwicolada for noticing my first SuJu-egg hunt. Lol! :D I'm using SJ titles cause they just have too much songs and I don't think I would even use half of it in "Stay With Me" so kudos for noticing! I don't have much to offer as a prize but if you want like a story dedicated to you with a plot of your choice, I'd be up to writing it. :) 

Thank you everyone for the compliments and loving the story so far! You're all so great and awesome! Stay safe and take care~ <3

"Donghwa," Donghae's mother called to her husband completely irritated at the lack of response from Donghae. "Where did we go wrong with Donghae?"

Donghwa looked up from the newspaper he was reading, confused. "I'm sorry, what?"

She sighed and pouted her lips, the same way that Donghae does whenever he was about to whine about something not going his way. Afterall, the apple does not fall far from the tree. 

"I just don't understand why he would hide such a big thing from us!" She whined then angrily turned towards Donghwa who has resumed reading the paper. "Yah! Don't you care at all that our son has been lying to us!?"

Donghwa merely cleared his throat and without even looking up from what he was reading said, "I'm sure he was hiding him from you." As soon as he uttered those words, the paper he was holding crumpled out of his hand and the semi-harsh impact of their bed pillow hit his face. Once he took the pillow off his face, he was met by his wife glaring intensely at him. 

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

Donghwa rolled his eyes and picked up the paper from the ground. "Oh, come on Sehyun-ah. You know you tend to be a little over the top when it comes to interrogating Donghae's partners."

Sehyun didn't know that nor did it even cross her mind. "That doesn't give him the right to hide him from us. What if he's been manipulating our poor Donghae? You know how trusting our son can get it."

"I'm sure everything's fine. Stop worrying so much."

"I'm his mother! It's my job to worry." Sehyun dramatically flopped herself down on the bed and muffled her cries behind her pillow. Donghwa sighed and just let her be for now since he already knows there was nothing much he could do for her at this point except let her ride her emotions out. Then, in the middle of her tantrum, she hatched an idea. 

Grabbing for her phone, she immediately dialed Donghae's number. Donghwa saw that crazed look on her face and raised a questioning brow.

"What are you doing?"

"Something doesn't feel right," she muttered. "It's a mother's intuition."

Donghwa rolled his eyes and decided to let her be. "Your mother's intuition hasn't been right since Donghae was five and brought home his first wife."

"That little girl was a brat and you know it."

"They were five Sehyun, They were all brats."

Ignoring her husband's unhelpful comments, Sehyun decided to focus on her phonecall with Donghae instead. An annoyed sigh came out of her when the phone kept ringing and just when the operator was about to answer, Donghae picked up the phone. 

"Umma? Why are you calling me at night?"

"Donghae! Tell Umma the truth," she went straight to the point without bothering to greet Donghae. "You were lying, right? Umma will forgive you if you tell me the truth right now."

"What? Umma, what is this about? I was about to sleep."

"Just tell me the truth." Sehyun almost growled, her patience growing thin by the second. "Donghae-ah, I refuse to believe that you've actually been hiding something as important as the person you love away from us."

When Sehyun heard Donghae groan over the phone, she couldn't help but feel irritated. How can they not see how betrayed she felt by all this?

"This again? Umma, I told you, I'd bring him to meet you eventually."

"Then bring him tomorrow," she commanded. "Bring him to meet us tomorrow if he really does exist."

"Fine."

Sehyun wasn't expecting Donghae to agree so easily. "What?"

"Okay, Umma. You win. I'll bring Hyukjae to meet you tomorrow."

Hyukjae? Sehyun smiled finally learning the name of the mysterious man that's captured her son's heart. "O-Okay then. Make sure you're here for dinner by 7 tomorrow, understand?"

"Yes, Umma. Is that all?"

"Yes, my son," Sehyun's mood has considerably brightened before she bid Donghae good night. "Rest well. Good night. Make sure you're on time tomorrow, okay?" Sehyun said sweetly before ending the call. She was too happy at the prospect of finally meeting her future son-in-law and it showed on her face. 

"What are you so happy about?" Donghwa asked when he saw the wide grin on her face. "You're scaring me."

"I'm just excited for tomorrow." She answered happily and then lied down on the bed as she prepared herself to sleep. 

"Why? What's tomorrow?"

Closing her eyes in delight, she nonchalantly informed Donghwa of their meeting with Donghae and Hyukjae tomorrow and that she needs to rest properly for the night so she can prepare a proper feast and make make a proper first impression. Donghwa blindly nodded his head at what she said but then froze when the names finally sunk in. 

"Who's Hyukjae?"

Without missing a beat and secretly smiling to herself, proud that she got to know the information before her husband, Sehyun pretended to yawn and as nonchalantly as she could said, "Our future son-in-law, who else?"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

It was eight o'clock in the morning when Hyukjae was pulled out of his slumber by a loud banging at his door. Groaning out of frustration, he forced himself to get out of bed, not at all mindful of the fact  that he was half-, and went to see who was bothering him so early in the morning. With his eyes half closed, he reached for the reached for the door and scrunched up half his face in greeting when he was greeted by the cold air of the outside. 

"What?" He uttered a lot grouchier than he intended.

"Do you always answer the door in your underwear?"

At the sound of the semi familiar voice, Hyukjae craned his neck slight to the left and squinted his eyes at his surprised visitor only to be further confused by the sight of Donghae standing in front of him. Then, when he felt the cold air hit his body again, he immediately came to his senses and widened his eyes in both shame and horror that he instinctively shut the door on Donghae's face as he hurried back inside his room to find himself some proper clothes to wear. Donghae, although surprised at getting the door slammed in front of his face, didn't move from his spot and waited patiently for Hyukjae to come back. Less than half-a-minute later, Hyukjae opened the door again, still frazzled but was at least dressed more decently this time around. Donghae didn't bother to hide his amusement and laughed.

"What are you doing here?" Hyukjae snapped at him annoyingly, trying to hide the embarrassment he felt from the other. "How did you know where I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter