No Drama

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae laid on his side with his eyes closed and head comfortably buried on his pillow. His breath was even as he snuggled closer underneath his blanket. It was truly the perfect set-up for a perfect and refreshing slumber. At least, it would have been had it not been for the constant and groaning of a certain somebody on the other side of his room. Throwing his feet around, Hyukjae sat up and turned to glare at Donghae on the floor. 

"Yah! Can you shut up?" Hyukjae hissed causing Donghae to sit up from where he was laying down as well. "I'm trying to sleep!"

"Well, so am I!" Donghae argued back then stretched his right shoulders to try and get the crick he was feeling loose. "Never in my life have I ever had to sleep anywhere other than a bed and it's very uncomfortable."

"Stop your whining." Hyukjae said with no sympathy at all. "I won rock, paper, scissors fair and square. It's not my fault your majesty's never had a moment of struggle that you can't even sleep properly in a nice, warm, and well-made futon."

Donghae frowned at Hyukjae's mocking tone and stood up to put his hand on his waist. "First of all, I've had plenty of things I needed to overcome myself so don't go around judging me because I come from money.. Second, I've been dealing with back problems since I was like 8 so that's why I've never had to sleep anywhere but a special-ordered mattress to accomodate my pain."

Hyukjae remained stunned and was just listening to Donghae's rant as he tried not to show the guilty feeling he felt hearing the latter's health condition. Had he known that Donghae had a legit medical condition, he would have been more than willing to offer his bed to him. Furrowing his eyebrows together, Hyukjae thought if it would be weird of him to offer his bed to him now. He's used to sleeping on the floor anyways. 

"Well, fine. You could've just said that from the beginning." Hyukjae moved to get out of bed but then noticed the way Donghae shifted in place. Raising an eye brow at him, Hyukjae crossed his arms before inquiring about his strange behavior. "What?"

Donghae bit his lower lip and hung his head low trying to hide the growing guilt inside him. If Hyukjae wasn't so tired and sleepy he would have given the adorable action more notice rather than just taking quick notice of it. It was probably a good thing he didn't comment on it because he wouldn't want to give the latter any wrong idea about their business arrangement.

"I don't want to kick you out of your own bed," Donghae mumbled and if Hyukjae's room had better lighting in that moment, he would have noticed the slight shade of pink that colored Donghae's cheeks. "Ma-Maybe...we could share?"

Hyukjae blinked a few times as he processed Donghae's words in his head. Did he hear him right or was he dreaming now? Hyukjae jutted his lower lip and shook his head. That wouldn't make sense at all. Why would he even dream something like that? 

Carefully observing Donghae from where he was in his bed, Hyukjae asked, "You...want to share...my bed..." Hyukjae paused in between to see if Donghae would stop him at any point. "...with me?"

Donghae released a long exhale and slumped his shoulders. Completely over his initial embarrassment, Donghae rolled his eyes at Hyukjae's baffled inquiry. 

"Was I speaking gibberish? Yes. I don't see why not. Your bed's obviously big enough to fit the both of us."

Scowling at Donghae's quick change in attitude, Hyukjae couldn't help but bite back. "Excuse me. I'm not really into bedding weirdos like you."

"Yah! I'm not weird!" Donghae doesn't know why but Hyukjae just gets him riled up so easily. It didn't even cross his mind that he was probably sounding very much like a child at the moment but for some reason the fact that none of his usual charm and wit ever worked on Hyukjae really threw him off his game. "And it's not like we're going to do anything. We're literally going to sleep next to each other. Unless, of course, you decide you want something more in which case I feel like I'm obligated to tell you that I actually hold a third degree black belt in Karate and well-trained in self defense using martial arts and muay thai."

Widening his eyes at the accusation, Hyukjae grabbed the pillow he was using earlier and threw it straight at Donghae's face. 

"You wish! If anyone's going to anyone it would probably be you taking advantage of me. Like I stand a chance against those rocks you call arms."

Smirking at the indirect compliment, Donghae felt extremely proud that Hyukjae took notice. "So you have been checking me out."

Spluttering at Donghae's nonsense, Hyukjae tried to find the right words to get out of the hole he unknowingly dug himself into. 

"W-What...no! I have not!" Hyukjae did a low growl under his breath but the small enclosed space of his bedroom made it loud and clear for Donghae to hear causing him to laugh out loud and for Hyukjae to feel his ears heat up - completely mortified at his current predicament. "You...You...ugh! You're unbelievable!"

"Thanks. Just wait till you have the real thing," Donghae then winked at Hyukjae just to see how he would react and howled in laughter when he clearly saw him shudder before his eyes. The small light coming from outside his window was enough for Donghae to see how his neck and face were red from embarrassment and that only amused Donghae even further. 

"YAH!" Hyukjae yelled to cover his flustered reaction at Donghae's teasing but before he could even scold the other man aven further, a loud banging at his bedroom door startled both Donghae and Hyukjae. 

"IT'S THE MIDDDLE OF THE NIGHT! KEEP IT DOWN AND FLIRT WITH EACH OTHER WHEN I'M NOT TRYING TO GET MY BEAUTY SLEEP!"

Hyukjae choked on his saliva hearing his older sister yell at him from outside his bedroom. Probably because he knows that if Sora had heard them then by extension his parents had also heard every single exchange between them. 

"So-Sorry, Noona!" Hyukjae glared at Donghae and reached out to hit the side of Donghae's stomach (not at all bothered by how the other keeled at the sudden attack). "We'll be quiet!"

"I better not hear any weird noises in there, Hyukjae!" Sora warned followed by, "My brother better stay innocent until the morning, Donghae! You're not off the hook just yet!"

Hyukjae didn't even know if his eyes could go any bigger than they already were at Sora's implications but hearing her retreating footsteps brought some sort of comfort that at least he didn't have to put up with anymore of her innuendos. Recalling the events of their dinner together and her endless innuendo filled inquiries was enought for Hyukjae to want to dig his own grave and bury himself alive just to get away from Sora's embarrasment. 

The both of them waited until they heard Sora shut the door back to her current room before they both released a sigh of relief. Quickly looking at each other, both Hyukjae and Donghae gave each other a weary look before Hyukjae scooted himself to the corner of the bed then tapped the open space for Donghae to occupy. 

"Don't even think about doing anything funny," Hyukjae warned in a low voice before wrapping his blanket over his shoulders and turning to face the other way. 

Donghae stared at him for a bit before his brain processed what Hyukjae was saying and slowly got on the bed himself. He didn't want to risk having Sora come banging back on the bedroom door again so Donghae decided to stop teasing Hyukjae for the night and silently laid next to Hyukjae. Pulling the blankets along with him that he was using earlier, Donghae laid himself facing the opposite way of Hyukjae so that they were back-to-back and closed his eyes. Both men letting the quiet of night take over them as they finally fall into a moment's peace. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghae squirmed in his sleep when he felt something heavy moving against his chest. Annoyed at the thing interrupting his sleep, Donghae groaned and tried to squish the whatever it was that interrupted his slumber in order to stop it from moving. Much to his delight, it worked as it had stopped fussing. Donghae was ready to go back to sleep if it wasn't for the choked out gasp that he heard.

"Dong-hae...c-can't-...br-breathe..."

Snapping his eyes open, Donghae saw Hyukjae's face up close against his face with his arms completely around the latter like a snake. Completely taken aback by the sudden closeness he had with Hyukjae, Donghae backed away from him quicker than he intended and fell off the bed. Hyukjae gasped for air once he was released then immediately peered over the bed to check on Donghae on the floor. 

"Are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter