Haru - Day 2.5

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was absolutely nothing that was going on in Hyukjae's mind as he continued to stare at Donghae blankly. The other shifted in his seat just waiting to hear what Hyukjae would say to him but when the other continued to just quietly glance down at his cards, he decided that maybe he should leave it up to fate to decide whether or not he should confess today.

"W-What about you?" He asked nervously.

Hyukjae's heart skipped a beat and countered defensively. "What about me?"

"You still have to say your two truths and a lie."

Hyukjae's mind started to process the danger of their game. Either Donghae was playing a prank on him again or the other might be leaving an opening for him. Was he really willing to risk looking like an idiot because of a game? Donghae's sharp. He probably already knows that Hyukjae's fallen stupidly in love with him and so he wanted to toy with him to see how far he was willing to go...but that didn't seem to match with his character. 

Donghae's not just smart; he's also sweet, kind, and thoughtful. Was he trying to tell him something? Was it really possible for Donghae to reciprocate what he was feeling? 

"Hyukjae?" Donghae waved a hand in front of Hyukjae's face when the other remained like a statue. "Are you okay?"

Hyukjae was torn and confused. 

"Y-Yes."

"Can...Can we keep playing?" Donghae asked carefully, not quite sure what to make of Hyukjae's emotions. 

Hyukjae wondered what it was about Donghae that just has him agreeing to whatever the other wanted, but if he were to guess, it would probably be the way he looked at him with those puppy dog eyes of his. The way he looked at him almost pleadingly, Hyukjae could tell that there was something Donghae planned and if he were to stop the game now, he would ruin it. 

Hyukjae had the upperhand. He was winning and didn't have to keep playing the game. He could simply end it here and keep things the way they were. Nothing has to change and they could both keep pretending that they were okay with whatever relationship they currently have. 

"Okay." He found himself saying after quite some time. "Let's keep playing."

Hyukjae sighed and chewed on his lower lip, trying his best to keep his sanity together. He's never been one to gamble, specially not with his own feelings. 

Donghae was quiet for a few seconds then reminded Hyukjae that he still needed to say his three things. 

"Oh. Right. Um, okay. Let's see..."

"Y-You have to make it interesting like mine." Donghae interjected with a slight stutter. He wasn't trying coach Hyukjae...he just wanted to know if the other had picked up on his signal. 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow when he heard the slight panic in Donghae's voice and decided to about it. 

"Yours isn't interesting at all."

Donghae frowned at what Hyukjae said and tried to brush off the annoyance he felt when he saw Hyukjae smirking at him. 

"Just tell me yours already."

"I'm thinking." Hyukjae told him with a light laugh and tilted his head a little to look up at the ceiling so he looked like he was deep in thought but anyone could tell that he was just biding for time. 

Donghae, no longer able to tolerate his bratty attitude reached over and lightly smacked the top of his head. "Yah, hurry up and say it."

"Ah! You-!" Hyukjae glared at Donghae and held the spot the other had hit. "I told you I was thinking!"

"No, you weren't! You were being annoying." Donghae argued and glared back at him. "Hurry up and say yours so we can start the game."

"You know you're gonna lose anyways, why still play this game?"

"Just hurry and tell me!" Donghae insisted now annoyed that Hyukjae kept stalling. Why was he stalling?

"Give me time to think!"

"What's there to think about? Just tell me."

"I'm thinking!" 

Donghae rolled his eyes and kept goading him. "Stop thinking and just say it."

"You said you wanted it to be interesting."

"That's why just say it!"

"Fine! I like you!" Hyukjae yelled then blinked when he realized what he just blurted. The look of surprise on his face was mirrored by Donghae, which he then quickly covered up by follwing it as qucikly as he could with, "and-and I-I like dogs...and I like fish..." Hyukjae wasn't sure if it worked or not, but he didn't give Donghae much time to dwell on it and slapped a pair of cards down that were a match together on the floor. "There. I end my turn."

Donghae's mind was swirling with how fast Hyukjae switched things between them. Did...Did he say he liked him?

"You like me?"

Hyukjae scowled and kept his eyes on the cards. "I'm not telling you the lie until you win." 

Donghae slowly reached over to the deck and drew one card then matched it with a pair on the floor. He drew another card, dragged it on the floor then stopped. "That's not the lie, right?"

Hyukjae growled and felt his cheeks burning. "Donghae! You're cheating."

Donghae looked at the card he drew and completed one set of flowers and claimed it for himself. "Go." He said earning him a point then eagerly looked at Hyukjae. "You really said you liked me, right? You can't change that."

Hyukjae could feel his ears burning with Donghae's nonstop questioning. "What are you doing? You can't ask me questions until you win!"

Donghae didn't say anything and drew another. He gasped and immediately laid out the card he drew and showed it to Hyukjae. A complete set. Hyukjae's eyes widened cause Donghae won...but maybe not just yet.

"Yah...if-if you're a real man then you would keep playing until the end."

"What are you talking about? This is a complete set right here which means I won fair and square."

"This is for 10,000 points, you idiot. You can't just win 10,000 points based on luck." Hyukjae argued hoping Donghae would keep playing because his heart was beating rapidly from anxiety at having to say his lie. 

"This is a win." Donghae insisted with a wide smile and let out a breathy laugh when Hyukjae kept shaking his head.

"Keep playing and see if you can get another point." Hyukjae insisted and drew a card from the deck. He cursed when he found no match and had to reluctantly end his turn. He looked up to see Donghae grinning at him amusingly which annoyed him more because it should be a crime to fall in love with someone who annoyed you so much. "Yah! Keep playing. Just one more."

"But I already won." Donghae insisted but did draw another card. He placed two cards from his hand and another pair from the card he just got. The three that he matched together he took and dragged to his side. "Go." Another point. 

Hyukjae's eyes wavered a little since based on the cards he held and Donghae's own, there was absolutely no way that he could win now. 

"Until three." Hyukjae bartered trying to delay the inevitable. 

Donghae laughed and couldn't help but note the way Hyukjae's c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter