Oops

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Annyeong~ Here's a little pre-wedding chapter ;) haha I was so ready to write the wedding but then thought...wait. I can't end it just like that! XD and thus, this chapter was born :P I hope you like it ^^ and that you also RSVP with your invitations ;) ;) Your comments were all so funny that's why I didn't want to end it just yet lol -- anyways, I present to your our chapter's featured commenter for today iiiisssss~~ *drum rolls*....

AND, a special shout out to a future Mrs. ELF ^_^

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Okay, author rant over. :) Please enjoy the update~ ^^

 

 

"Sehyun-ah, would you sit still, please." Donghwa pleaded for the third time that morning as his wife continued to pace back and forth in front of him. "Sit down and eat your breakfast."

"Oh, hush you." She brushed him off but did take the available seat next to her husband. "The wedding's happening soon! How can you sit there and act like nothing's changing."

Donghwa took a spoonful of the oatmeal in front of him while giving Sehyun a blank look. The other made a face at him and just ended up putting her chin on her hand while scrunching up her face in a mock annoyance. Donghwa was trying to busy himself with the newspaper he was reading but the small huffs and puffs his wife did made it very hard for him to focus his attention on the paper, so he folded it back up and gave her an exasperated look. 

"What's going on with you? Why are you so eager for Donghae to call us?"

Sehyun looked at Donghwa for about two seconds before brushing him off and standing up to go near their house phone. However, it was too late. Donghwa already saw the mischievous glint in her eyes that told him she had done something prior to all this waiting around that she was doing and chose not tell him about it, which could only mean one of two things: she was about to do something or that she already did something. Considering the fact that she's been antsy about getting a phonecall from their son, he could only guess that it was the latter. 

"Lee Sehyun," Donghwa called after her using her full name as he got up from his seat to chase after her. "What did you do?"

She faked a look of surprise and was about to rebut and say she didn't do anything when their house phone rang. Sehyun gasped and immediately ignored the disapproving look Donghwa sent her way as she answered the phone, giddy at the possible news she was about to hear. 

"Hello?" 

"Umma," Donghae's voice came from the phone and Donghwa could only sigh helplessly while Sehyun smiled brightly at the sound of Donghae's voice. "I have something I need to ask you."

"Of course, dear. What is it?"

"The health supplement you dropped off here...that wasn't a health drink at all, was it?"

"Why, of course it was." Sehyun said, the high pitched tone she used clearly reflected her guilt to both Donghae and Donghwa. "Everything I get from Hyerin are sure to work its magic." The sly smile that appeared on her face caused Donghwa to roll his eyes before shaking his head at his wife then turning around to go back to the dining table and finish what's left of his breakfast. He really should have known that any time an unmarked package comes for his wife that it would mean disaster for the both of them. 

"Stop buying things from her! Hyukjae and I don't need anymore help."

"Oh, pish posh. That's not why I did that. Son, those are really good for you. Hyerin said it heats up your body just right and makes you last longer in bed."

A long muffled groan could be heard from the other end of the phone and Sehyun's smile only widened as she could clearly picture her son ready to rip his hair out. 

"Our life is perfectly fine, Umma. We don't need any special help in that area."

"Oh I'm sure that's true, dear, but marriage can change things." 

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Well, you see, your father and I-"

Donghae yelled really loudly on the phone which effectively cut off whatever Sehyun was about to say as she pulled the phone a good distance away from her ear to get away from Donghae's sudden yelling. 

"I'll talk to you later, Umma."

She pouted to herself as she wanted to share her last piece of wisdom with Donghae before he officially gets married. "Is Hyukjae awake?" She asked hoping that that was the reason her son was ending their conversation early and not because of anything else. 

"Yes, he's awake,"

"Oh! Is he okay? You didn't go too wild on him, did you?"

Donghae let out another groan of defeat over the phone but did answer his mother's question. "He's fine."

"Can I talk to him then?" 

"No!" Sehyun hopeful smile quickly dropped into a disappointed pout when she heard how quickly Donghae rejected her request. "You can't talk to him."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so!"

"Yah, Lee Donghae, how can you talk to your mother like that," she scolded the other. "I'd have you know your father and I have many things we can impart to you and Hyukjae to make your marriage last. ual intimacy is very important when it comes to-"

"AHHHHH -- Bye, Umma!"

Sehyun paused really quickly when Donghae screamed and furrowed her brows together in confusion. "Wh-What? Hello? Hello?" Sehyun looked at the phone and saw that the other had indeed hung up on her. She cursed under her breath and put the phone down before dragging her feet back in the dining area where Donghwa was almost done eating his breakfast while her bowl of fresh fruits remained untouched. 

Donghwa cleared his throat uncomfortably and brought the newspaper up higher to cover his face which immediately triggered Sehyun of course. As soon as she saw him try to hde from her, she yelled and snatched the paper right out of his hands. He just smiled and let out a breathy laugh when he saw the annoyed look on her face. 

"So?" He finally gave in and asked as he took a sip of his morning coffee. "How was your conversation?"

Sehyun glared then rolled her eyes at Donghwa's question. "You have a very stubborn and hard-headed son." 

Donghwa's deep chuckle was heard as he didn't expect anything less from the future heir of his company. 

"I wonder where he could have gotten such a strong personality from." He mused out loud, and even though there were no names mentioned, they both knew exactly who he was referring to. Sehyun's glare at him hardened while his amused smirk never once faded. "Now, tell me. What did you do?"

"Nothing!" Sehyun answered immediately, but when Donghwa tilted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes at her, she repeated her answer but this time more insistently. "Really. I didn't do anything any other mother-in-law wouldn't do."

Donghwa snorted and shook his head side to side. "I highly doubt that."

Sehyun pursed her lips together and huffed. There was no time to argue about what she did or didn't do. It was time to see if Hyerin's "enchanted" tea really did it's magic to the couple. 

"Hurry and finish your breakfast." She said as she finally took a bite from her plate of fruit. "We're going to go visit Donghae and Hyukjae."

"What for?"

She tsked at him and dropped her fork down on her plate. "Because I said so! Is it so bad for a mother to want to see her son and future son-in-law?" 

Donghwa didn't have time to react to her tantrum as she was quick to get out of her seat after her outburst and walked out of the dining hall to their bedroom. The former was left blinking to himself; trying to make sense of what just happened but, unfortunately, even after 30 plus years of being together, his wife still never fails to surprise him and keep him on his toes. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghwa and Sehyun arrived in front of Donghae's apartment building and was parked behind several cars when they saw Sungmin hastily get out of his own car and ran his way inside the building. The frantic look on his face was too obvious to ignore that they both ended up sharing a worried look with each other. 

"What's going on?" Sehyun asked Donghwa, thinking that it must be something related to the company for him to look that worried."

"I'm not sure but I haven't seen him look that worried since our stocks took that dive in 2017." 

"Oh, dear. I hope he's alright." Sehyun muttered and worriedly looked out the window to where Sungmin disappeared to. "It's a good thing we came to visit Donghae today. I hope they're not hiding anything from us."

Donghwa hummed and slowly pulled up their car in front of the valet. 

"Don't worry too much. I'm sure everything's alright."

Sehyun just hummed worriedly and got out of the car after the valet opened the door for her. She waited for Donghwa to get to her side before they both entered Donghae's apartment building and went up to his penthouse. The elevator to his apartment felt like it took longer to arrive as the bad feeling Sehyun felt didn't diminish. Donghwa sensed her vulnerability and placed a comforting arm around her shoulders, his hands softly going up and down the side of her arm while squeezing it every now and then. 

"Stop overthinking. I'm sure it's nothing."

Sehyun glanced sideways at Donghwa and let out a small smile. She tried to push the negative feelings out of her mind and took a deep breath to help calm her nerves. The elevator dinged and she was the first one to step out of it, trying to look around for Sungmin and Donghae. 

"Where are they?" She asked Donghwa as she entered the living room and found it empty. 

"What's the matter with you!? When have I ever slept with someone for the sake of just sleeping with them?"

Sehyun and Donghwa both looked up to where they heard Donghae's voice come from and crossed their brows at what they just heard. 

"Was that Donghae?" Sehyun wondered out loud. 

"I don't know, Donghae. How often do you pick up strangers off the street and offer a contract to marry them?"

Now, both Sehyun and Donghwa were completely taken aback at what they just heard from Sungmin. Sehyun was so confused and was about to make her way up the stairs when Donghwa grabbed her arm and stopped her from going anywhere. She looked at him confused. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter