One More Time

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae sat at the head of the meeting room table, face stoic and void of any emotion as he quietly observed the middled aged man before him struggle to access a simple powerpoint. He looked at the clock on the wall and sighed loudly when he saw the minute hand shift to the next digit. The other men in suits simultaneously looked at him and he knew that it was up to him to put an end to everyone's misery. 

"Mr. Kim," Donghae called and tried not to show the enjoyment he felt when he saw the way the other fidgeted at his presence. "I have other meetings to attend to for the day. If you are not prepared then I am to assume that your department probably doesn't need the funding as much as you say you do."

"U-Uh n-no, sir. I apologize." Mr. Kim bowed his body at a 90 degree angle with his hand glued to the side of his hips. "Someone from my department should be in soon to input the correct password. Please give me a few more minutes."

"I'm a very busy man."

"I understand, sir. I apologize." Mr. Kim stood up straight and just as when he was about to pack everything up, Hyukjae had walked out of the elevator and started walking towards him. His demeanor automatically shifted from a meek sheep to one of dominance as his eyes never left Hyukjae. Seeing the latter move so slowly had his temper slowly rising. "Hyukjae-ssi, please unlock your computer and set up the slide immediately."

Donghae could clearly see that Mr. Kim was intimidating the employee that just walked in but that was not what caught his interest. The familiar mess of hair and still creased up suit of the latter, Donghae immediately recognized him as the crazy man he saw rushing in from earlier. Suddenly, the meeting wasn't so boring for him anymore. 

Once the slide was up, Donghae's gaze followed Hyukjae out the door and giggled silently to himself when he saw Hyukjae hit his shoulders on his way out the door and then trip over nothing when he kept looking back on his way to the elevator. He shook his head in disbelief that such a clumsy guy works in their company. However, Donghae's amusement didn't end there. As soon as Mr. Kim had started the slide show, Donghae wasn't able to stop himself from laughing loudly when he saw the title of the slide. 

'Q1 - Monthly Report (You would know this if you ever showed up, )'

"Mr. Kim," Donghae tried to say in between laughter. "I'm going to give you one chance to save yourself. Did you or did you not do this work?"

"Uhh...I- you see, my department is understaffed, sir. Sometimes, I have to-"

Donghae held up a hand to stop him from talking any further as he wiped some tears from the corner of his eyes from suddenly laughing too hard. 

"I don't need to hear anymore." Donghae got out of his seat and dismissed everyone. "I'll be in my office."

Donghae didn't bother to look back to see their reaction and went straight to his office. As soon as he was back in his office, Sungmin was sitting in front of his desk, his full attention on his phone which was only broken by Donghae's entrance. 

"Donghae? What are you doing here?"

"Meeting ended early," was the only answer Donghae told him before he sat on his chair. Pressing on the intercom, he called his secretary inside the office. 

"That was fast," Sungmin commented confused as to what Donghae was planning to do right now. "Did something happen?"

"Hmm...not really." Donghae didn't elaborate further and perked up when his secretary walked in at that moment. "I need all the personnel file on Kim's team in the stock and processing department." 

Donghae's secretary nodded her head and then left the office. Sungmin didn't know the relevance for those personnel files but when he asked Donghae about it, the latter would just smile and shake his head ambigously. It was unnerving and Sungmin didn't like not knowing anything, specially when Donghae always comes up with ideas that are just a little too risky to manage. 

"Sir, I have the files you've asked for." Donghae's secretary walked in five minutes later with five folders at hand and passed it to Donghae. "Is there anything else you need?"

"No, that's all. Thank you." Donghae dismissed her and quickly opened the files that were handed to him. Sungmin tried to peer in to see what Donghae could possibly looking for and was definitely beyond curious when Donghae smiled brightly at the third folder he opened. "Aha! Found you."

"Donghae, what are you doing?" Sungmin asked and this time his tone demanded answers. "What is all this for?"

Donghae opened the front of the folder and pointed at the photo of Hyukjae to Sungmin. "Him. I need all the information you can get about him."

Sungmin frowned and took the file from Donghae. "What is this?" Sungmin looked at the employee photo closely and was only further confused when he couldn't recognize the person's face at all. "Donghae, who is he?"

"I don't know, Sungmin. If I did, I wouldn't have you looking on information for him." Donghae sighed then immediately answered his office phone when it rang. Looking at the clock, Sungmin knew that Donghae's phone would take a while as he negotiate their contract with Japan to extend for another eight years. Grabbing the folder out with him, Sungmin sighed and reluctantly called one of their company's informant to dig through Lee Hyukjae's life. Besides, if he didn't do it Donghae would probably just hire another person to do it and if this ends up biting them in the , Sungmin would rather have control of the situation than end up reading it on one their country's many tabloid publishing papers. 

Having the resources of a multi-billion enterprise, it wasn't at all hard to find out everything they can about Hyukjae. Within the span of three hours, Sungmin had in his hands Hyukjae's education history, medical history, and even his ual history. Sungmin went through each document meticulously but as far as he's concerned, there is absolutely nothing about him that would strike him as exemplary or for him to be anywhere in Donghae's radar. Deeming him to be completely harmless, Sungmin went back to Donghae's office and sat opposite him with the file safely tucked in his lap.

"Did you get it?" Donghae asked without looking up from the paper that needed his signature. 

"I did." Sungmin answered but when Donghae extended his hand for him to hand it over, Sungmin tsked and shook his head. "I'm not giving this to you until you tell me what this is for."

Donghae sighed and groaned at Sungmin's insistence. "Min, weren't you the one who always told me that if you don't want to be involved in something to not tell you anything?"

"This is different. Donghae, you just invaded an employee's personal privacy."

"Ex-employee," Donghae corrected. "I'm pretty sure Kim would have fired him by now after that stunt in the morning meeting."

Sungmin's frown didn't get any better. "Donghae, who is this person and why are you so interested in him?"

"I don't know, Sungmin." He took a moment's pause before a silly grin showed on his face. "I just find him interesting," Donghae said and it was the honest truth.  "Didn't you always tell me to do my research before acting on something."

Even though Sungmin's face still held the stamp of disapproval, he did hand the file over to Donghae. 

"What exactly is this particular research for?"

Donghae merely hummed then after a scanning a few pages, had the biggest smile on his face. It worried Sungmin at how Donghae could look like a child at christmas when that file must have been one of the most depressing files he's read in his life. 

"Donghae. What is this about?" He asked again and hoped that this time Donghae would answer him. 

The latter merely chuckled before closing the file up and smiling completely satisfied with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter