It's You

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae fixed his tie in front of the mirror while Hyukjae sat on his bed sporting a bored expression. 

"I don't even want to go out." Hyukjae whined for the third time since he got dragged in Donghae's room. He slowly started to lean his back against the many pillows on Donghae's bed, pouting in slight annoyance. Donghae glanced at him through the mirror and chuckled when he saw Hyukjae doing a perfect imitation of a child. 

"Then you should've told that to Heechul hyung when he asked you."

Hyukjae turned his head glancing his way while still leaning against the headboard of Donghae's bed. "How was I supposed to do that?"

Donghae finally turned around to face Hyukjae just so he could show the him how much he was enjoying this. "Well, for starters, you could've said 'no.'"

"I did!" Hyukaje exclaimed and sat up once again just so he follow Donghae's movement with his glare. "I told him that we got everything planned already but he kept saying things I didn't understand."

"That's why we need Heechul hyung to help plan the wedding." Donghae put on his watch and then gave Hyukjae a cheeky look. "It might be a fake wedding but it needs to look real. As far as they're concerned, this is the only wedding I'm going to have so we gotta make sure it's perfect."

Hyukjae blew air out of his mouth and crossed his arms across his chest. 

"But why do I have to go? Can't we just let him do whatever he wants?"

"Hey, I wouldn't leave you alone with him if I didn't think you could handle it."

Hyukjae scowled because he wasn't sure where Donghae's change of attitude was coming from. 

"Yah, what did you two talk about?"

Donghae looked at him innocently and smiled. "What do you mean?"

Hyukjae squinted his eyes not quite buying his innocence. "You're acting weird."

Donghae giggled and simply shrugged his shoulders. "I'm always weird."

Two hours earlier...

Donghae ran after Heechul and Hyukjae as fast as he could banging on the closed door that Heechul entered in trying to save Hyukjae from Heechul's expertise. He didn't have to knock for too long since two seconds later, Heechul opened it with a smirk on his face startling Donghae. 

"Hyung, you can't-"

"Fine." Heechul cut him off and grabbed his arm. "You can go first."

Donghae didn't even have time to blink before Heechul dragged him inside the guest room to switch with Hyukjae while he pushed the latter out. The last thing Donghae saw was Hyukjae's confused face before Heechul had shut the door and he was alone with the latter. 

"Hyung, what-" Donghae tried to ask but then realized he didn't even know what had him confused. Heechul walked towards the couch that was in the room and sat down while smiling at Donghae. A genuine happy smile and it worried Donghae just a little. 

"I like him."

"Huh?"

"He gets you." Heechul remarked while leaning back comfortably on the couch and placing his arm over the side of the couch. "I can't say I'm not disappointed that you hid him from me for so long but I like him."

Donghae's heart swelled hearing Heechul's approval. He felt his earlier anxiety disappear and thought to himself that the reason he felt happy was because his plan was working. Heechul was very perceptive and if he could make him believe that him and Hyukjae were actually in love then it's much easier to make others believe it as well.   

However, despite how well he convinced himself that he was indeed happy to have fooled Heechul, the only words that came out of him were, "Oh."

Heechul snickered and raised an eyebrow at what he just heard. "Oh?' That's it?"

"Umm...Uh, I-I'm happy of course," Donghae tried to smile but he wasn't so sure how convincing that move might have been. "I just- I was really worried that you might not approve of him..."

"Okay, fine. I admit it," Heechul sighed but still had on a playful smile. "I did come here hoping to uncover some sort of conspiracy that your fishy brain might have come up with something stupid again." Donghae stilled a little but hid it well by biting the inside of his lower lip and producing a small pout with his mouth. "But, after seeing you two together and hearing Hyukjae's thoughts of you, I could tell you're in good hands."

"Thoughts of me?" Donghae's heart skipped a beat as his curiosity grew tenfold wanting to know exactly what Hyukjae had said about him. "What-What um, What did he say?" Donghae tried to sound as casual as he could but there was no way he hid the excitement of his voice that well, but he didn't care. He really wanted to know what Hyukjae said about him. 

Heechul chuckled hearing how eager Donghae was to hear what he and Hyukjae talked about but decided to punish his dongsaeng for keeping his relationship a secret from him and kept the conversation to himself. He smirked then got up from the couch only to walk pass Donghae. 

"Hyung? Hyung!" Donghae's voice got louder and caught up with Heechul so he could shake his arm and hopefully annoy the answer out of him. "Tell me. What did Hyukjae say?"

Heechul laughed and didn't let Donghae's childlike tantrum get to him. Instead, he distracted him by sharing his plans for the day. 

"I should take him out for lunch."

"What?"

"We could talk about the wedding more while you're at work." Heechul said and then nodded his head with approval as though that's all he needed to set up the plan. "We'll drop you off on our way there." 

"Wait a second, hyung! You didn't answer me." Donghae whined but Heechul was already out the door and calling out Hyukjae's name while he got left behind to deal with himself. "Hyung!"

Present...

"You're freaking me out. Stop it." Hyukjae nagged and threw a pillow which the latter easily caught. 

Donghae chuckled and didn't bother to throw it back at him since he just felt like being in a really good mood. "Have fun with Heechul hyung."

Hyukjae silently gasped then threw himself back on the bed and whined. "Do I have to go?"

"Yes, you do." Donghae walked closer to Hyukjae and started to pull on his arms in an attempt to get him up. "Come on. Get up before Heechul hyung barges in here."

"But I don't want to go." Hyukjae shook his head side to side and resisted against Donghae's hands. "Please don't make me go~"

"Yah! Stop being a baby."

"I'm not being a baby! I just don't want to go."

"You're not gonna die if you have one lunch with Heechul hyung." Donghae said and tried to pull harder but Hyukjae was stronger than he looked. "Besides, Siwon's gonna be with you guys so it's not like it'd be awkward."

Hyukjae stopped struggling for a second just to stare wide eyed at Donghae. "You want me to third wheel for them?! Are you crazy!?"

"Stop overreacting!"

"Well, then stop forcing me!"

Donghae was starting to get annoyed and tugged on his arms a little harder. "Lee Hyukjae!"

"No!" Hyukjae closed his eyes and without even meaning to, pulled on Donghae's arms in his effort to resist causing the latter to lose his balance and fall on top of him. Thankfully, Donghae's reflexes were fast enough that he was able to use his hands to support himself but that left them in a very compromising position. 

Hyukjae felt Doghae lose his footing and so opened his eyes in haste to see if he was okay. However, by doing so, he ended up holding his breathe in surprise and felt his heart beat faster seeing the sudden close proximity they had. Donghae propped himself up by placing both hands on either side of Hyukjae's head and his left knee conveniently placed in between Hyukjae's legs so that he wouldn't fall directly on the latter. His eyes were as wide as Hyukjae's as they both felt each other's breath against their lips while the tips of their nose barely touched.

It was the perfect position to lean in for a kiss and for a quick second both of them had the same thought running in their heads. 

. Is he going to kiss me?

He's so close...I can make it look like an accident. 

Hyukjae could see Donghae leaning closer to him little by little. His whole body was frozen and he knows he shouldn't just lay there and wait for Donghae to kiss him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter