Chapter 13

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Time skip - 2 years later)

[Yerin's pov]

I held onto the letter Yewon sent. Hearing the news she is pregnant again was delightful. However, knowing that Joseon will not be able to protect her well... hurts me.

"Fu'ren?"

I looked up and broke my deep thoughts as Soonyoung and Sana look at me worried. I broke a smile as Eunha handed me a cup of tea which I stirred with my lid and then placed it on the tray she held.

"Fu'ren, are you still worried about Her Majesty?" Sana asked.

I sighed and nod as Eunhee fanned me. Taemin and Taebi entered while holding onto some wooden swords. I smiled as Taemin kneeled while Taebi lowered herself on one knee.

"Greetings to Er'niang."

"Stand up then," I held out my hand as they came forward and I wiped their sweat using my handkerchief, "Alright. Have you practised well?"

They both nod and smiled.

"Alright then, go down and rest before you go for tea."

Taemin and Taebi squeals as we watch them run off again.

"You're right." Soonyoung and Sana turn back to me, "I've pushed back the trip so much... now that Taebi is turning three. We should proceed with the trip."

"Fu'ren... will it be ideal?"

"The women Kimgiya clan produces will not be a mistake. She will be of great help in Joseon," I turned to Soonyoung, "Make sure to improve her embroidery skills and teach her to use some light tools in a fight."

Soonyoung bows slightly, "Yes, Fu'ren."

I nod as Eunji come in and kneels before standing up, "Fu'ren. Jun Qinwang Fujin and Ce'Fujin are here to see you."

"Bring them in then."

Eunji nods as the door tassel moves while Mina and Tzuyu enter. They walked forward while their servants stand behind the chairs they sat on and lowered on one knee.

"Greetings to Kang Qinwang Fujin."

I waved my hand up to signal them to stand up. Sooyoung and Sana got off their seats as the four bend their knees to greet each other.

"Alright, enough with the etiquette. Stand up then."

Their servants held their hand as they sat down on the seats. I smiled as Eunha led Eunji out and came back with a tray of tea. Eunji held onto the tray while Eunha served tea.

"Alright, all of you may go down."

"Yes," The servants bend their knees and then retreated.

"Fu'ren, how is it going in Joseon?"

I sighed as I placed my handkerchief down and moved the prayer beads between my fingers, "Lady Jieun has given birth around the same timing as Soonyoung. Her son, Yoonhi might become a potential heir to the throne. All these years, she has been proud because the King has allowed her to serve him, now her position is threatening the Queen."

"Fu'ren," I turned to Mina as she spoke, "Could it be that... there's something off with Lady Jieun?"

"What makes you say that?"

"We don't have detailed information about Lady Jieun..."

Sana turns to me, "Ever since she joined the Inner Harem... the King ignored everyone else but her. Could it be witchcraft?"

I place my prayer beads down near my teacup, "The King said he would love her but didn't say he would love only her."

"Fu'ren..."

"Yewon... She was the apple of Royal Uncle's eye. Ever since Royal Uncle saw her, he adopted her as his and raised her as his own. She begged and begged to Royal Uncle so that she could become the Crown Princess of Joseon. She said she wouldn't care if the King did not love or remember her and she said in this life, and the next life she will only love Yoongi, if she can't marry Yoongi then she will be alone forever."

Sooyoung sighed, "A Prince produced out of a Royal Family is raised to never give their heart to only one woman."

"Back to why I summoned you..." They turned to me as I spoke, "I will be leaving for Joseon in a few days. Now, I would need Mina and Tzuyu to get more of Yewon's medication so that I can bring it over. The ones you brought over before I changed my plan have been sent over to Joseon a while ago. Also, while I am gone, the manor will be taken cared of by my brother and Eunbi after they come back."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

Eunha entered the room and bends her knees, "Fu'ren. The Empress Dowager is asking for you to enter the palace immediately."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter