CHAPTER 7: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT?

I FOUND YOU

 

Jessie’s POV:

Days passed by so quickly and I found myself so busy with the MV preparations, my team and I have been running around like crazy people dividing our tasks on sourcing out materials, supervising the construction in the set, making sure details, colors, and concept were met perfectly. This was all familiar to me since I did this job way back home and doing it on another country felt almost the same but I must admit that I had a hard time instructing the people around me. On the side of doing all this I've been taking Hangul classes and I've been working on my Korean skills diligently. This work humbled me down, it made me realize how much I don't know yet and made me feel like I'm back to square one again: humble beginnings. This is something that I wouldn't have or experience if I was in the comfort of my home.

I've been meeting with Bigbang, Teddy, and President Yang simultaneously to make sure our path is going on the same direction. And today is the last day of preparation.. 2 days from now, we will be shooting the MV and all this hardwork will take its proper toll.

It's 11pm and the last meal I had was at 9am which consisted on a slice of toasted bread, milk, and an orange. I have been practically missing meals for the past days so I decided to have food delivered on the set so that everyone will be able to eat well and make up for the lost meal times. While waiting for the food I sat down on the director's chair checking out the set when Jung sat beside me. "You're happy?" He asked curiously. "Yes. And nervous!" I smiled. "You don't have to be, this is daebak you know what I'm saying?!" Jung awkwardly posed like some crazy 90's rapper trying to ease my nerves as we both laughed our hearts out.

"FOOD IS HERE!!!" Everyone thanked me as we formed a circle to eat our meals together. We laughed, praised each other, and talked about the details for the shoot. I didn't want to keep these people late so they can get enough rest so right after we ate and cleaned up we said our goodbyes. Jung walked me to my car before he left-it's been pretty much like this for the past few weeks, Jung and I have formed this weird bond slash friendship that everyone was curious about. But it's the kind of friendship wherein you wouldn't really mind if people talked about it--it's very comfortable and complication free.

Jung…is how do I say it nicely but straightforward? Hmm, gay? Yes. There’e no other direct word for it. The neat looking handsome guy you never thought would be gay kind of gay. I knew it from the very first time I laid my eyes on him, that actually was my first question to him and he didn't hesitate to admit it. "You're the first person to ask me that so thank you.” he said as I replied "A pleasure to know the truth!" as I winked at him and we continued working on the concept. So ever since that funny encounter, Jung and I have been very much comfortable with each other and he's been pretty much my right hand in everything--including translating stuff for me.

On the drive back home my phone rang and saw Taeyang's name. I smiled and answered it "Don't you know how dangerous it is to drive and answer a call, Mr. Dong?" I said playfully as I heard a quaint laugh on the other line I laughed as well and continued "Are you excited for the big day?? Or this is just one of those regular days for you?" I asked.

"First, I didn't know you were driving so I should be forgiven?" He laughed before continuing "I am hella excited! Every MV is new and something to look forward to! BUT, this is not why I called you!" He said paused and spoke again "What are you doing tonight?" He finally said and let out a sigh after.

What am I doing tonight? I silently asked myself as I reached my parking slot and answered “Well, I parked my car now. So I’m gonna come out (I came out of the car, got my bags), walk towards my building (I walked), and…” I paused as I got shocked when I saw him standing there by the elevators waving his hand at me.

“..and you’re gonna have dinner with me!” As he continued my sentence when I reached to his spot and raised 2 paper bags of take out. I shook my head and laughed “Don’t I have a choice?!” He smiled back and pressed the elevator button “21st” I said. I didn’t know how to react with this sudden gesture he made, I was caught off guard and I couldn’t say that I didn’t like it. So this is how it feels to see someone you want to see after a long day’s worth of stress at work—it feels so nice and refreshing.

I entered the password to my apartment and invited him in. “You can sit for a while, I’ll put this in my room first” as I motioned him towards the living room.

Taeyang’s POV:

I’ll be very busy after this week with all our promotions and schedules coming up, I wouldn’t find the time to make my first proper move so I decided to do this even though I knew it was late and weird to invite myself in her apartment.

She was nice enough to accept my offer to dinner and invite me in her home. I waited in the living room and managed to look around, she decorated it already and it’s something different from the other apartment’s I’ve seen. She made hers look like a New York warehouse, walls were white, industrial lamps were used as lighting; tones of gray, black, and red were seen around the apartment. Her couch faced the wide window that at night witnessed the beauty of the city lights and a glimpse of the Han River.

I also saw a lot of photos of her and her family on another wall, it served as an accent wall—they were all black and white photos and they looked very beautiful. “I take photos for a hobby” as she walked beside me with a bottle of beer in hand. “Sorry, aside from water and milk this is all I can offer you. I forgot to get groceries!” She smiled “We can actually eat here if you want” se continued as she fixed her coffee table in the living room.

“Yeah, here’s fine” I sat on the floor and continued, “You have a great view here, it must be really nice to just sit here and observe the city” I continued while taking out the food I got for us. “I’m sorry to come at a very unexpected time. I just wanted to see you and have dinner with you” I honestly said looking at her smiling as I saw a tinge of blush rush down her cheeks and smiled back “No worries, Taeyang. I like having friends around!” she said. Friends.

I shook the thought and continued to serve the food to her. We ate happily and on our 2nd bottle of beer now. “This should be our last, you still have to practice later right?” She asked as I nodded and she smirked in the cutest way as possible. I asked how her week went and she willingly shared her experiences, her embarrassing encounters with non English speaking ahjussis and ahjummas, her Hangul classes, how Jane nuna’s been ing on her for wedding preparations, and how she fell asleep literally on the floor after opening her apartment door due to her being so tired. We laughed together a lot as she asked me the same things and I diligently answered them. Sometime’s I’ll run out of English terms to explain things to her and we’d end up drawing what we meant to say and we’d laugh over it.

2am came and I felt the need to leave because the more I get to know more about her the more I wanted to kiss her and I knew if I did this, this thing between us would be screwed up. “I think I should go, I don’t wanna keep you from sleeping. You have the whole day off tomorrow right?” I asked as I gently stood up. “Yeah, but I will be with Jane to fix last minute errands for her wedding so….ugh!” She rolled her eyes and stood up as well “It was great having you, Tae. Thanks for dinner!” She hugged me and kissed me by the cheeks.

I died and froze.

“Oh uhm, we call that beso beso in Filipino.” She awkwardly said while smiling shyly “It’s a form of greeting between friends and relatives. Sorry it’s been a habit. Err. Didn’t mean to weird you out!” She apologized.

“A-Aniya! Haha it’s fine” I laughed awkwardly “I wouldn’t mind getting beso beso anytime” I winked and she walked me to her door “So, uhm thanks for tonight. Really had fun!” I said hugging her again. Too much hugs in five minutes, I have to stop because I might kiss her the next time. I bowed to her and said goodnight as she closed her door and I walked towards the elevator when I heard her go out.

‘Tae, wait up!!” She said running towards the elevator “Your phone, you dropped it in the carpet” she said holding my phone giving it to me. I grabbed it along with her hand and placed a kiss on her cheeks. I didn’t know what got into me but I just really wanted to kiss her. We froze for a second as I gently let go of her “I’m sorry, but I will lie if I said I didn’t mean to” I said gently looking at her eyes and saw another batch of blush creep in her cheeks.

“Oh, uhm. Yeah.” She said awkwardly smiling “Go in now. Goodnight, Jessie. I had a great time!” The elevator door closed and the last thing I saw was a frozen girl with a smile of her face. I had hope when I saw that. I knew this wasn’t just pure attraction or just another crush; this was something more than what we can explain for now. And I want to figure this out with her, as time would permit us.