BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN

I FOUND YOU

Taeyang's POV:

Hearing the calm waves of the sea and seeing the sheer curtains dance along the wind coming in from the villa were the few things that has welcomed me once I opened my eyes. It's a brand new day.

She unconsciously turns around facing me, still peacefully asleep like an innocent little girl. My mind is still at the hype of accepting the fact that this girl sleeping beside me, is mine. I fixed her disarrayed wavy locks and tucked it in her ears as I observed her every breath, she's still wearing her hanbok inspired bridesmaid dress from last night's wedding, she must be having good dreams as I occasionally see her wrinkle her nose and smile. 

I looked by the window and thought to myself "I must have done something so right to deserve this." and I smiled. I looked down the sofa bed and saw the rest of the guys sleeping peacefully. Dara and Jiyong cuddled up in the bean bed, Bom nuna's head on Top hyung's lap as he slept like a sitting manikin by the daybed, Chaerin and Minzy shared a blanket by the floor while Seungri and Daesung fell asleep on the daybed by the balcony. I observed each face that I saw and we were all in the same state: Rested, at peace, and happy. This vacation was very much needed as it made us closer and set aside our differences and voice out our concerns, I could never ask for more.

After Jane nuna's wedding we all decided to stay over at Jessie's villa, watch DVDs, play guessing games and truth or dare, while having some drinks. It was such a fun night that we just all decided to crash and not dress up. Before sleeping the girls took off their makeup and just slept, it was a funny scene since all of them were pretty much buzzed and we all had to take care of them.

Daesung and Seungri went inside the villa still looking sleepy as they smiled at me and looked at Chaerin and Minzy from the floor.

Daesung suddenly laughed and shook his head while whispering "These girls danced and laughed like WOAH last night! Hilarious!" and the three of us couldn't help but laugh and recall last night's events. I must have laughed so hard that Jessie slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. Dae and Seungri decided to buy some food and make breakfast as Jessie and I cuddled for a few more minutes before deciding to get up from the sofa and clean up the place.

"Yah, I think you should change first!" I said holding her hands and she smiled at me and agreed to do so. Jiyong, Dara, TOP, and Bom woke up one by one and started to laugh again as they observed the two girls still sleeping like babies.

"Aigoo, these girls partied hard last night! BEST. NIGHT. EVER!!!" Bom and Dara said laughing while putting a pillow on each girls heads. They went inside Jessie's room too to get in to something more comfortable and clean up leaving us boys sitting by the dining area talking.

Jiyong let out a happy sigh "Hmm, I'm pretty much sad that this trip is coming to an end. This was something we all rarely do and it was so much fun!" 

"I couldn't agree more Jiyongah." TOP hyung rose up from his seat to get water to drink and gave us as well on his way back to the table and continued "So, when we get back Jiyongah, will you clear up your relationship status with Dara nuna?" 

We both looked at Ji as he pondered for a while and replied "I don't know yet, hyung. Jane nuna told me to keep quiet first until she gets back from her honeymoon so i guess that's what we'll do. But they pretty much get the jist by now, right? I mean the photo was so clear, it simply screamed COUPLE so I guess I could live with that for now." He smiled at us as we nodded and agreed that this was the best for now.

"What about you hyung?" I asked TOP and continued "Will you go public with Bom nuna as well?" I joked while nudging his elbows

He blushed and laughed as I heard Bom nuna answer for him "Ani, if Tabi and I go public then Jiyong and Dara would just be out of the picture puwahahaha!" She said laughing like she always does and sits on hyung's lap as we all laughed at her weird and funny aegyo.

"Maja. My Bommie is so smart!" hyung added as she gave the glass of water for nuna to drink.

Dara and Jessie came out of the room together laughing and approached us in the table. 

"Ya Yongbae, what about YOU?" Dara nuna took out her pink microphone out of nowhere pretending like an interviewer as we all broke down to laughter 

"What about me, nuna?" I played around as I saw Jessie laughing hard at the awkward yet funny situation

"Are you guys going public?!" Dara asked and looked at me and Jessie

"Jagi, cut them some slack. They only got together yesterday and they don't even have pet names for each other yet!" Jiyong said laughing as Bom nuna agreed

"Right! Let them enjoy the honeymoon stage first." She winked at both me and Jess as they all cooed and teased the new couple in the group. 

Jessie and I couldn't do anything but smile at each other and laugh along the sincere jokes and questions of our friends. I knew I had to say something so I broke the laughing and teasing by raising my hand.

"I won't compromise going public for now. I just really want to make the relationship grow peacefully first, I still have to make her fall in love with me more" I winked at her and shot an arrow to her like cupid as everyone continued to coo and Jiyong threw a small pillow at me for being so cheesy.

"YAAAAAAAAA! Shikoro!!~~~" Chearin and Minzy got up with their messy hair and wedding clothes on. Our noise woke the party animals up and they walked towards us.

"Oppa you're so noisy, we're trying to sleep" Minzy said looking at me as we all laughed so hard seeing the girls appearance.

"YA, why dont you try checking yourselves in the mirror first before scolding us! Aigoo these party animals..." Bom nuna teased as we all laughed. Jessie got up approaching the two girls motioning them to her room

"Cha, you guys have clothes in my bed, I hope they fit. There are towels too so get changed and come back here to drink water! YOU guys must be so dehydrated!" She laughed at the two as she walks back to our table.

*doorbell*

"I'll get that!" Dara stood up motioning towards the door.

Seungri and Daesung came back freshened up and dressed without any food on hand.

"YA! You said you were getting food?" I asked as the two laughed scratching their heads walking towards the table.

"We ran into Amber nuna and told us to tell you guys to have breakfast by the shore. Everyone's going there now." Seungri explained and we all got up and decided to go on our rooms and clean up for breakfast. 

I kissed Jessie on the forehead before leaving and everyone pretty much watched us to their delight.

It's a brand new day, and I'm facing it with you. Couldn't ask for more.

Flashback:

Jessie's POV:

After that very much public declaration Yongbae made, I was suddenly packed with Maid of Honor tasks to do. I had to make sure the venue was okay, the decorations and floral arrangements were delivered on time, I had to double check the guest list and security with the wedding planner, and I had to rehearse a few songs with my former bandmates that we would sing during the reception. All of these things in six hours. But I wasn't complaining, eversince I landed my job on YG I didnt find these things hard anymore plus I'm pretty much doing this for my loving and protective sister so I didn't care going through the ropes.

Since it was a wedding of a Korean and Filipino, Jane asked me to come up with a concept that would respect both cultures and tastes. My sister was very detail oriented that to even the candle being used was chosen and tested. For our dresses, I chose a modern approach to hanbok and went on with the pastel colors the couple wanted. 

Fast forward 6pm, my sister was walking down the aisle on the most gorgeous wedding gown I have seen so far. It was personally designed and handed to her by Vera Wang as a present. She had a tough time maintaining her weight as she keeps on telling me that "You dont alter VERA, Jessica!! You alter yourself to fit in to VERA!!!" I laughed as I recalled our wedding preparations, memories of my childhood with Jane came, I was teary eyed as I watched her walk towards the stage with my Parents. I took a look at Jungmo oppa and saw tears streaming down his face as he watched the woman she loves approach him. It was the most touching wedding I've seen. Two hearts who fought for their love, two hearts who found each other at the right time, two hearts made to be one. My family and Jungmo oppa's family were complete, closest friends and YG family were present as well. It was the perfect wedding that hosted 150 guests in one island.

I checked on Yongbae once in a while as I was sitting with my family, he would smile at me and look at me with so much love, his eyes had its way of communicating with me as we exchanged smiles and glances the whole night. When I had the chance to join them on their table for a bit, President Yang particularly picked on me "Jessie sshi, you look like a bride tonight." everyone smiled and teased me knowing what went on this morning with me and Yongbae. The host called me out to make my most awaited toast and when I stood up, Yongbae stood up as well to assist me and whispered on my ears "Don't forget our bet. I'll be waiting for your song." I looked at him and smiled as he placed two thumbs up on me and winked. Aigoo. My boyfriend is such a boy.

I held out my glass of Champagne and started my speech.

"Jungmo oppa, thank you for taking the responsiblity of having that woman beside you!" I said breaking the ice as everyone laughed at my gesture of seeming so happy about letting Jane go.

"Most of you know how close my sisters and I are. A lot of you have seen us grow up, and most of you would pretty much agree that Jane is the hottest Garcia girl." I paused as everyone laughed again

"DAMN RIGHT I AM!" Jane shouted holding the bottle of Champagne and everyone laughed again, including Jungmo oppa's parents! I sighed in relief and continued.

"Stop butting in if you want this to go smooth, lady." I winked at Jane and got an applause from the crowd.

My face became more serious "Kidding aside, if you really knew our family and my sister Jane..Then you would know how much strength and love she imparted on everyone. Whenever things happen, Jane would always be the one mediating and making sure that things would be fine."

I saw my sisters Amara and Amber crying while holding each other.

"For such a strong character, one would never think that a man like Jungmo oppa would soften her and give her the love that she deserves. I grew up seeing their love come to life and get stronger. Their love for each other gave me hope that one day, I too will find the person who would love me and accept me. Their love was so pure and selfless that I know it would be hard to find another love like it." Everyone was pretty much wiping their eyes now--even TOP. 

I smiled and continued "So to you Jane and Jungmo oppa, keep the love alive and always place God in the center of your marriage. Keep inspiring people, keep learning from each other, and when tough times come.. Always look back to this day, the way you look at each other, the way you smiled, the way you exchanged your vows." I raised my glass as the couple stood up and raised their glasses too along with the crowd

"Here's to forever. Here's to love. Here's to family. Cheers!" Everyone cheered for the couple and settles down on their seats.

The host spoke and smiled "Ladies and gentlemen, to open up the dancefloor, please welcome the bride and groom accompanied by Jessie Garcia and the Heartbreak Library!" The crowd clapped as I went on stage with my band and as Jungmo and Jane slowly walked on the dancefloor.

"It's me again!" I said laughing along with the crowd "Tonight, we celebrate love. Tonight we won't be singing about heartbreak, Tonight we're just J and the Girls. Would that be alright?" I asked for approaval as everyone cheered on we started playing our first song requested by the couple. Slowly the dancefloor was occupied by both parents, family, friends, and even the YG crew. Yongbae, sat on the table with Pres. Yang, Tablo oppa, Teddy oppa, and Dongwook oppa. He had this look. The look of wanting to hold my hands and dance with me. I smiled at him.

As the night drew to a close, we were down to our last song and everyone now was settled down on their seats. I was sitting on a stool now and began to speak.

"This song that I'll be singing is the last one for the set. It's a bit personal to me since it pretty much speaks for my heart. There's just so much love around!" I smiled as my family and the YG family pretty much gets the whole idea.

"This song is called 'BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN' by Colbie Calliat." Bom, Dara, Chaerin, Minzy, and my sisters screamed the loudest and I saw the Bigbang members and the oppas teasing Yongbae. 

The music started and I started singing:

Stop me on the corner
I swear you hit me like a vision  -I pointed at Yongbae and winked and everyone went crazy.
I, I, I wasn't expecting
But who am I to tell fate where it's supposed to go with it?
Don't you blink you might miss it
See we got a right to just love it or leave it
You find it and keep it
Cause it ain't every day you get the chance to say

Everyone was going crazy by now singing along as I stood up from my stool and walked towards the table where Jungmo oppa, Jane, and my family was. I sat on Amber's lap for a bit as she sang along with me.

Oh, this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun
Oh, it could be the stars, falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun

I stood up from Amber's lap and walked towards the YG table. By then the 2ne1 girls were screaming so loud. And the boys were smiling like there's no tomorrow. I sat down beside Yongbae. I didn't look at him to keep a little mystery as to who I'm singing to.

I never seen it, but I found this love, I wanna feel it  -
You better believe, I'm gonna treat it
Better than anything I've ever had
Cause you're so damn beautiful, read it
It's signed and delivered, let's seal it
Boy we go together like peanuts and paydays and molly and reggae
And everybody needs to get a chance to say

I continued sitting beside him singing as I saw him blushing and grinning so hard.

Oh, this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun
Oh, it could be the stars, falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun

Everything is like a whiteout, cause we shicka-shicka shine down
Even when, when the light's out but I can see you glow
Got my head up in the rafters, got me happy ever after
Never felt this way before, ain't felt this way before

I swear you hit me like a vision 
 -I started to face him as I held his chin up and sang to him.

I, I, I wasn't expecting

But who am I to tell fate where it's supposed to go?

To avoid issues I approached eaveryone from the YG table and sang to them and went back eventually towards the stage.

Oh, this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun
Oh, it could be the stars, falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun
Oh, this is how it starts, lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun, brighter than the sun
Oh, it could be the stars, falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun

Brighter than the sun
Brighter than the sun
Brighter than the sun

My sisters and 2ne1 were the first ones to stand up to clap and eventually everyone did. My band and I lined up in one straight line as we bowed and thanked the people for giving us another chance to perform together. After the reception I took time to catch up with my band and take photos, even them got the idea as to who I was singing for and they were so happy for me.

The night ended just like that, an event that would stay on the hearts of the newly wed couple, our family, and the guests. It was such a fun and intimate wedding!

My parents went on ahead to their villa to rest as well as my very much pregnant sister Amara and my very active sister slash wedding host Amber. The oppas along with President Yang took their leave as well to drink and meet some people they knew. Bigbang, 2ne1, and I decided to crash at my villa, eat the remaining food, drink the remaining booze, and enjoy our last night in the Island. 

We played games, we took photos, we watched a movie, we shared stories. I never expected that i would be good friends with these people, these people often misunderstood, these people who only wanted to make music from their hearts, these people who enjoyed each other's company once in a while. I have learned to get attached with each of these faces. The night went deeper and so was Chaerin and Minzy's loosing streak in the guessing game. The girls ended up taking a lot of shots and partying it was so funny to watch. 

"I'm so glad we're not in Korea. and I'm so glad we're in your villa! otherwise we'd all be dead by now!!" Bommie laughed pointing at the 2 girls dancing along with the hiphop beats we had in the villa. 

Jiyong and Dara went out for a walk by the beach, TOP and Bom fell asleep, Seungri and Daesung were playing cards by the balcony, while Yongbae and I took out blankets and pillows to give Chaerin and Minzy who eventually fell asleep on the furry rug which they called "molkang". We held each others hands as we watched the girls sleep in peace. He asked me if I was sleepy but I said i wasn't even if I was. We sat down on the couch as we watched my favorite movie "The Notebook". Eventually he would kiss my forehead and brush my hair. He told me how much giddy and how happy he was when I sang to him.

"I wanted to kiss you. You had no idea how hard it was for me to just sit there and pretend like I don't know." He placed his arms around me to pull me closer to him. He sat while I laid down, my head on his chest. 

"Mahal na mahal kita." He whispered in my ears and kissed my cheeks. I couldn't believe what I just heard. My world stopped. He spoke my language. In the most adorable way! I looked up to him and placed my hands on his face.

"Nado Saranghae, Yongbae." I smiled again as I slowly fell asleep in the arms of the one I love.