CHAPTER 12: “SHE’S MINE.”

I FOUND YOU

 

Jessie’s POV:

I never saw myself having to explain my past to anyone from my present. This was something I really didn’t want to talk about, something I wish I wouldn’t have to face again. Xian was the last person I wanted to see, at least for now. I have no idea how I would deal with him when we meet again, we never talked after he broke up with me and I didn’t show up when he asked to meet me before I left. He betrayed me, he played with my feelings, and he left me hanging—he traded four great years with his career. How do you forgive someone so insensitive and selfish? I was fine without him, I live my life with so much content now and I am getting by.. It’s been seven months. But I’m not ready to face him.

Flashback:

“Hey babe! Where are you?” I asked. We were celebrating our 4th year together today since we didn’t get to celebrate it on the day itself.

“Uhm, Hi.. I’ll call you later okay? I have a sudden TV guesting. Rain check?” There was something different with that tone. Something cold and sinister about his voice and I didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye when he dropped the call. 1 hour later my phone rang again only to find my sister Amara calling.

“Are you near the TV now?!” Amara had an angry expression. For someone who has a long tolerance for stupidity and such, this was the first time I heard my eldest sister speak with so much anger.

“Uhm, yes..why?” I got my remote and opened the TV.

“Put the ing channel on channel 14.” She said coldly but scarily.

There he was..Xian Lim with all his handsome glory. At first I was smiling at his sight, four years and I still haven’t gotten tired of his face, his smile, his sincere eyes.. I still cannot believe that he was mine.

“Xian, we hardly see you with Jessie now. Rumors has it that you broke up. Totoo ba?” The host asked.

He looked at the host and paused for a while before speaking “Yes, it’s true.” And I was left in awe shaking and couldn’t believe what I just heard.

“May I ask the reason for the breakup? You guys have been together for 4 years!” the host asked shockingly. Yes, that’s right ..What’s going on?? I said to myself.

“People fall out of love. Even if we didn’t mean to, these sad things happen.” The jerk said calmly and I couldn’t take it anymore, I just had to turn the TV off. I tried calling him and he didn’t answer my calls, I texted him a lot of times and still no reply. My world just stopped and I was left in a heartbreaking state. Weeks have passed and he hasn’t called or reached me back to explain his side. My parents wanted to file a case against him and his management for creating so much damage with me, my name, and even my family’s name. I had to kneel down and beg for all these not to happen. I was so heartbroken but I still had the heart to protect Xian and everyone behind this freakshow.

I ran into him in one of my gigs as he was also there to perform, he grabbed me and explained that he had no choice but to do it.

“I had to do it. We were becoming boring, I’m going to be paired with another female celebrity and we have to look like a couple. I didn’t want to hurt you.” He explained.

“YOU DIDN’T WANT TO HURT ME?!” I screamed with all my might and everyone backstage looked at us. I was shaking in anger and tears couldn’t stop falling. “Well you didn’t do a good job at it, Xian! I waited for you to explain.. You think you can just go around and hide and pop up when you want to?! Am I some kind of a joke to you?!!!” He didn’t answer and my bandmates slowly walked towards us and got me. “Leave her alone, .” My bestfriend Kate and guitarist of the band threatened him as they walked me to our dressing room.

That was our last encounter. I was broken and there’s nothing at that time can fix me. I left the band indefinitely and took a leave from our company for a while to think and be away from everything. When I came back I told my parents I wanted to end my singing career and focus on what I actually studied for in college and that’s Interior Design. I wanted a new and quiet life, away from everyone I got used to, away from Xian, away from the lies. My record label regretfully allowed me to leave the band with the condition of me doing an encore stage performance at the band’s anniversary concert and so I agreed.

Jane offered me to go to Seoul and live with her and I didn’t hesitate at all. The concert finished and I was 6 days away from leaving. I received a huge bouquet of flowers at home with a note: “Jessie, let’s talk about us. Please, I’m begging you. I don’t want you to leave this way.-Xian” I kept the flowers and the even the note but the thought of seeing him? I threw it away.

Realtime:

I was having coffee in my hotel villa while reminiscing about the past when my doorbell rang. I hated the fact that I forgot to place a peephole in the villa doors when I designed it so now I have to just hope that the person behind that door isn’t anyone I didn’t want to see.

“Hi, beautiful.” I saw the familiar smiling face that brightens my day now and I felt a relief.

“Hey, you’re here!” I smiled and he grabbed me for a tight hug. There’s something about that hug and his authoritative gesture that made me feel secured. “Tae? You’re hugging me in the hallway.. People can see..” I whispered and smiled.

He let go of the hug as he smiled back at me and asked “Everything okay? Why are you locked up in your room on such a sunny day in a beautiful resort that YOU own and designed?” I saw him smirk and I laughed.

“Please, hahaha! Hmmm, just wanted some quiet time I guess. The past days have been so toxic. I’ve been preparing for the wedding set up, making sure of the guest list, making sure nobody finds out from the press that you along with the others are here, and…” I paused and thought if I should open up about the Xian issue.

“And?” He hugged me from behind as we looked at the beach together.

I faced him and smiled faintly “There’s something I haven’t been completely honest about with you, Tae..” and he held my hands while looking into my eyes. Ugh, he really had to? Now it’s harder for me to open up.

“What is it?” He asked assuring me that it’s going to be okay.

“Well, where to I start?” We sat down in the daybed and I prepared to talk “To cut the long and unecessary story short, I loved someone who left me in the air and broke my heart 7 months ago. I was too broken and tired of the stories going around and I didn’t want the drama anymore so I left the country and started again in Korea.” I sighed.

It was the first time that I shared it to someone from my present and it was someone who deserves to know it. He cupped me face in his hands and spoke “I actually heard from Jane nuna. But hearing it from you means a lot..” He motioned me to lean my head on his chest and continued, “I don’t care about who you loved in the past, Jessie. What I care about is that he hurt you and I don’t want that to happen anymore. You don’t have to tell me all the details if you’re not ready to open up but what matters is that you told me and I accept you fully for whatever past you have.” He hugged me tightly.

I started to cry and felt so comforted, for the past 4 days here I’ve been tossing and turning trying to act so brave and I didn’t want to show anyone that I was still somewhat affected by the past. Having Taeyang and being in his arms now made it so much easier for me and I didn’t even hesitate to cry and hug him back. “Tae, I’m sorry you had to hear this. I didn’t want this to happen and ruin the whole trip but it did and I’m afraid that you won’t have a great time anymore..” I said.

He pulled me back to face him and he smiled while wiping my tears “What are you talking about?! This trip is about being on Jane nuna’s wedding, getting to know you more..and having more time with you!” He smiled again “Jessie, we don’t always have to laugh around to say that we’re having a great time together. Seeing you at your vulnerable state is also a sign that you trust me and that I can be there for you and make you feel better. Situations like these are priceless, and I’m happy to share it with you..” He hugged me again and I hugged him back.

We remained in the balcony for a while as he told me about the tours he had, he even showed me photos, he also talked about how Dara discovered accidentally about my issue and how everyone was so mad and wanted to fight for me and for that I was so grateful to have Taeyang and the whole gang with me. While we spoke he remained hugging me every chance he gets or hold my hands. I suddenly felt the confidence to ask him about us now..

“Tae, you realize that what we’re doing now is what couples do?” I looked at him as he smiled and held my hands.

“We could be if you’d allow it.” And we remained in an awkward state when the doorbell rang and we were taken aback. I rushed to the door and opened it only to find 2ne1 and the rest of Bigbang stancing by the door smiling.

“So there you are!!!” Dara hugged me and I asked them all to come in and hugged everyone.

“We’ve been looking allover for you, Yongbae!” TOP teased and Bom tapped his head signaling that he shouldn’t tease.

“Ah, yeah I just came to say hello.” Yongbae scratched his head as he walked towards the living room smiling at everyone while we all got teased.

“Okay ka lang, Jessie?” Seungri asked if I was okay in the cutest Filipino accent ever! And everyone added “OO nga, Okay ka lang” And I was so touched by the cute gesture of concern. I looked at Dara as I replied “Neh, Gwenchana!” I smiled and we all laughed. I had to repeat my heartbreak story again only this time I felt better and happier. Everyone cursed and got pissed on their own right as I calmed them down and assured them that I am okay, I’ve moved on, and that there’s noting Xian can do to ruin me or Jane’s wedding.

We were all called out for dinner and as we walked to the dining hall, I saw my bandmates smiling at me teary eyed and as I approached them we hall cried and said our hellos. I grew up with these girls, we were bestfriends eversince pre school and leaving was the hardest thing for a girl to do. But just like what bestfriends do, they supported my decision and respected it. We share our skype dates every Friday when we all have a chance to keep ourselves updated towards each other. I was able to introduce them to 2ne1, Bigbang, President Yang, and everyone in the room who was new to them.

They sat on their table with their parents and as I was on my way back to my family’s table, there he was, walking towards the dinner hall in his god-like presence carrying a bouquet of sunbursts—my favorite flowers. Everyone by now knew who he was but my parents was civil enough to stand up and welcome him, he said his parents sent him and sends their apologies for not being able to come. My parents said it was okay and they led him to our table. Xian’s parents and my parents were long time friends, Jane was their godchild and I myself told my family to not cut ties with them just because of the mistake their son made. But I didn’t expect that this had the guts to actually show up in the wedding and face me. He tried to kiss my sisters only to be rejected and glared at, only Jane gave her a peck and she introduced her fiancé to him. After the awkward greeting he walked towards my direction and smiled hesitantly.

I practiced this scene for a long time—trust me. If I would slap him, snob him, or greet him like nothing happened. Prior to Taeyang’s comforting visit, I was planning to slap him and scream the hell out of him but after everything..I decided to play along and act normal. I knew all eyes were on me, even Taeyang. I stood up, smiled and said “Hi, long time no see.” And I pretty much felt everyone’s sigh of relief with this gesture—even Xian.

“Hi J, these are for you.” He hesitantly smiled and gave me the flowers and I accepted it. I offered him to sit down on my seat as I sat down beside him. Everyone was in awe as to how composed and civil I was. Towards the end of dinner, I was still sane and smiling. My sisters Amara and Amber would have been in jail by now if only looks could kill and I silently laughed at everyone’s expression. What seemed to be awkward wasn’t for me, I honestly felt at peace when I saw Xian, I didn’t feel angry anymore nor did I still feel like I love him. I knew at the moment that it was over and that I moved on and for that I was happy. Jane suddenly spoke “So Jess, have you introduced Yongbae to everyone?” She winked and her fiancée Jungmo oppa grinned as well.

Oh my God. This is not good. “Yongbae? Or did you mean Taeyang? You already introduced him and the others to us you silly girl!” Amber reminded Jane.

“That’s not what I mean, stupid!” She said laughing and I saw my parents smile as well. I saw Xian feeling all uncomfortable and I replied, “You introduced him nap ala what’s the use of introducing again?” I smiled giving her the ‘stop it biatch’ look.

The dinner finished, the couple was formally introduced to the guests, Jungmo’s parents gave some sort of a dowry to our family and we did the same in respect to their tradition and culture. Jungmo and Jane met here in Boracay as well, same time when I met Xian. The only difference was that Jungmo oppa love Jane enough to sacrifice his job offer in the States to settle in Seoul and later on brought Jane there with him. They’re a match made in heaven, he respected her faith in God, our family, and he loved each and everyone like his own family. Seeing them get married after all these years amaze me so much. It gives me hope that someday, someone like Jungmo oppa would love me the way he loves Jane.

Everyone started to go back to their own rooms when I saw Xian approaching me. “Seeing Ate Jane and Jungmo feels so good, doesn’t it?” He smiled as he helped me carry the bouquet “Na, it’s fine I can carry it!” I smiled and got it from him. “And yes, it feels good. They give hope to people who wonder if they’d get their own share of happy ending too.” I continued.

“Well, it’s late! I have to be up early tomorrow and start setting up. You’re probably tired as well so, Goodnight.” I tapped his shoulders and started walking and I felt him holding my hand, he pulled me back and hugged me.

“We can rewrite our story and land on a happy ending too, J.” He sincerely whispered and I pulled back from the hug.

“Xian, just because everyone’s nice to you and that I’m smiling now doesn’t mean that we all forgot what you did. If you want forgiveness, you are forgiven. But that’s all I can give.” I smiled again sincerely teary eyed.

“I can’t be without you, Jess! When you left everything was just screwed up. I tried too hard to live without you thinking that it was okay but it wasn’t!” He placed his hand on his chest and cried “Look at me, do I look happy? I’m not happy Jess. And I’m not happy for breaking your heart like that. I’m an . But please, I’d rather see you get mad than act like everything’s fine!”

I was taken aback and replied “Xian, I am fine! Can’t you see? If I wasn’t I would’ve had you removed from the list. It’s almost a year, I’m fine. I swear! No need to be guilty and do all these.” I raised the bouquet and tapped his shoulders.

“I belong to you, Jessie.” he held my hands looking at me “I screwed up but can I beg for a second chance?” He waited for a reply.

“I no longer belong to you, Xian.” I took my hands off him “You had your chance and that’s the only chance I can give you. I’m sorry. Please don’t make it hard for everyone and just move on too.” I said calmly and walked away.

He grabbed me again but this time I heard someone say “Let go of that hand.”

I looked back at Xian and he looked back as well, it was Taeyang. His eyes was full of threat and authority as he walked towards our hands and placed it apart and talked again. “This hand, this girl..doesn’t belong to you.” He said coldly while he placed me behind him before he continued “You had your chance and you blew it.”

Xian smirked, pissed off being interrupted he asked “Who are you??” shaking his head still smirking.

“Yongbae, Dong Yongbae.” He stared at Xian seriously, “You lay hour hands on her again, you won’t hear me talk. You’ll just wake up in your room with a huge mark on your face.” he smirked as he held my hands and walked with me. Leaving Xian in awe and shock.

“You okay?” He stopped walking and looked back at me while cupping my face

“Couldn’t be better.” I smiled and he smiled as well but I can still feel the anger and the hot blood coming out from him. I decided to hug him and we stayed that way for a while. When he calmed down he walked me to my villa and he said goodnight.

Taeyang’s POV:

I brought her to her villa and walked towards my room still feeling pissed off at that guy who tried forcing his case to Jessie. How can someone be so thick skinned? When I reached to my room, Jiyong and Seungri was there and asked me “Ya, what’s Jessie to you? And why were you so furious at that guy?” I sat down and sighed deeply as I took out a small box from my pocket.

I opened the box, looked at the ring and said “Jessie, is mine. And I am hers. Every part of my heart, mind, and soul is hers.” I smiled and Seungri grabbed the box from my hand with an open mouth.

“HYUNG!!! You’ll propose to her? She isn’t even your girlfriend yet!!” the maknae exclaimed as Jiyong and I laughed.

“Ya, pabo!” Jiyong grabbed the box and opened it and looked at me “You still have this!” he and I smiled.

“I do not follow! Can someone explain to me what that ring is??” the clueless Seungri asked.

“Jiyong and I bought this together years ago. He bought a ring as well and we told each other that we were gonna give this ring to the girl we want to seriously date and consider on marrying.” I explained and Jiyong gave me back the ring and smiled.

“You’re asking her to be your girlfriend, finally??” Ji asked and I nodded. Seungri cooed like a moron as he called Daesung to go the room and announce the good news.

Jessie is someone I’ve been praying for. She’s mine. And I’m not scared to tell the whole world about it.