CHAPTER 14: PRE WEDDING CHEERS

I FOUND YOU

 

Jessie’s POV:

When I can no longer see Xian, I heaved a deep sigh wiped the little tears forming in my eyes and went in my room only to be surprised by the presence of my family. There was a relief when I saw my dad’s comforting smile when he saw me come in.

“There she is, mi mija!” She smiled opened his arms welcoming me for a hug as he was sitting at the sofa with Jungmo oppa and my sisters while mom was at the dining area preparing our breakfast. I hugged my dad and sat on his lap still feeling a bit swayed by that sob session with Xian earlier.

I broke off the awkward silence “Hey, I thought we were gonna reahearse!” I stood up from dad’s seat and went to my mom to hug her. “Well dear, we haven’t done this in a while..our little own family breakfast. So your dad and I decided to gather here and move rehearsal to lunch” She smiled and kissed me by the cheeks while everyone walked towards the table getting ready to eat.

“Oh my! I just realized this hasn’t happened in 2 years!” Amber smiled “Last time I had this was before I left..Awww, I miss you family!!” She continued and asked us to sit down. Amara was sitting beside her husband James, Amber sat beside mom. On the other side was Jane, Jungmo oppa and me and dad was at the “father’s throne” as what we’d coin that area to be his. We said our prayer before having breakfast; dad has always been a spiritual man, someone who doesn’t get swayed by the world and someone who lives his life fulfilling his purpose. He is my sisters and my ideal man. After the prayer dad welcomed James and Jungmo at the table as they joked around for a bit and we all began to eat.

Someone from housekeeping went inside my villa carrying a huge bouquet of stargazers, carnation, and paper roses. They were so pretty! “Who’s that for my dear?” My mother asked and smiled at the girl as she replied “Ms. Jessie, from Taeyang.” Smiling and left the flowers by the living room area. I felt heads turn to me and smiled forming in their faces.

“That guy has balls.” James joked around as he recalled the first time he sent flowers to our home and how dad was the one who received them and how awkward the first meeting was. Everyone except me laughed as they comforted James and Jungmo oppa added “Don’t worry bro, I know how you feel!” and again everyone laughed.

Dad was strict towards Amara and Jane since they were the first 2 daughters and since at that time, my dad had all the energy to be “Mr. Stricto” towards my sister’s suitors. Amara and James started dating when they were 18, they got married 8 years after. And two years after their marriage, at 30 they’re now anticipating for a baby girl. Jungmo oppa had a hard time pleasing dad too and proving himself since he was a foreigner, he had to win my dad’s heart and he did succeed! Now at 28, Jane and Jungmo oppa is tying the knot it 1 day!

“What’s up with you guys?” I said laughing.

“He didn’t tell you what he did?” Jane asked me smiling…no, more of grinning.

“NO?” I answered and everyone smiled.

Dad leaned forward the table smiling as well, took a glimpse of the bouquet, and looked at me “For someone who just met the girl’s parents 2 days ago, that young man has his way of winning people over.” He started “What’s with you two? Are you some sort of dating?” He asked as everyone was waiting for an answer.

“Uhm, I guess?..Uhm, I really am not sure!” I said, “Can we just all have breakfast?” I smiled and everyone laughed.

“Well he pretty much knows where this should lead to, dear.” My mom said smiling.

“Can you stop beating around the bush and tell her?! Ugh.” Amber rolled her eyes and had a mouthful of salad. And everyone laughed feeling the bitterness in her tone since she’s pretty much the only one without a man around.

“Relax!” Amara raised her fork and pointed at Amber while smiling as she looked at me “Yongbae came to mom and dad yesterday to ask them for your hand!!!!!” She broke the news squealing and I was frozen.

Dad smiled “He’s very humble, Jane. I like him. He was very honest, very sincere, and he didn’t pretend to be someone else in front of us.” He said impressed.

“Exactly,” mom added, “you know what he said to us?” she looked at everyone ands continued “Mr. & Mrs. Garcia, I have nothing else to offer but my sincere heart and love for your daughter. I know I lack in a lot of ways, I know I’m not someone you would really want your daughter to be with, but if you would give me the permission to, I’m going to show you my heart and the things I can do to love and protect your daughter.” Mom and everyone was giddy and happy “Anak, that guy won our heart just like that!” Mom ended as everyone was looking at me.

What was I supposed to say to them? I didn’t know he’d do something like that. I didn’t even know he spoke to my parents. Deep inside, I felt so special and respected. Deep inside I wanted to leave my villa and knock on his door to hug him and just thank him.

“Why would he do that?” I asked blankly playing with the salad in my plate.

“I don’t know. You tell us!” Dad playfully said and winked at me and everyone laughed as we all ate happily and caught up with each other. Judging by how dad and mom talked during breakfast, it was so evident how much they miss having us around in a table, complete.

“They’re beautiful flowers, sis!” Jane whispered to me and held my hands as we were fixing the table and washing the dishes we talked about how the last 3 days have been. I told Jane what happened with Xian earlier, I told her how weird it was for me to still cry while seeing him go, but this time those weren’t the kind of tears that wanted to run after him but more of sadness of loosing someone dear. She said it was all part of coping up and moving on.

After fixing the dishes, the family sat down in the living room to talk about the details of the wedding, Amber and I being in charge of the whole thing did the final headcount of guests, we did some last minute wedding revisions and when the discussion finished, everyone left to prepare for the lunch rehearsal.

But before my parents could leave, they sat me in one spot and talked to me again about Yongbae.

“Do you like it?” Dad asked sitting beside me in my bed as we both looked at the huge bunch of flowers and I smiled and nodded while my dad pat my back and hugged me “It’s good to see you moving on, you deserve to be taken care of. Remember that. Your mom and I may not be there for you always physically, but we always pray and think of you.”

Something about dad’s tone made me tear up a bit and my mom broke it off by saying while smiling curiously “Do you like him?!” and dad and mom waited for me to answer.

“Do you like him?” I smiled as I returned the question to them and I waited for approval which they both gave as they smiled and nodded “Well, who wouldn’t like a guy like him? But I don’t want him to feel like he’s a rebound.. it’s too fast and I don’t want my past with Xian ruin what we’re just starting…” Mom cut me off.

“Jane, do you think he’ll approach us if he felt that way? He did something Xian, James, and Jungmo never did.. He approached us first and asked for our permission while proceeding on pursuing you. That guy, is truly in love with you and I won’t let you miss out on a man like that!” She said while my dad nodded in approval.

“So you’re marrying me off now?!” I laughed and so they did as I intended it to be a joke. I walked mom and dad to the door as I only had an hour to dress up and prepare for the rehearsals.

Jiyong’s POV:

Growing up with Yongbae, I never saw him this serious with a girl except when he fell for Dara. That was probably the biggest challenge in our friendship and after all those drama; nothing can ever stand between us now. I only wish for him to find someone who would love him equally, I want him to be happy and find his happiness as well.

When I woke up this morning I got a chance to watch the sunrise again with Yongbae “We haven’t done this for a while, bro” I said as I tapped his shouders and we leaned in our villa’s balcony. We also saw it happen—two hearts parting. But it was the kind of parting where both were at peace and in place. I didn’t get why Yongbae watched but I decided to watch with him. We saw Xian catch up with Jessie; we saw how they smiled at each other and how they talked for hours. We also saw the sadness in Xian’s eyes as he let go of something he doesn’t really want to let go of yet. Somehow, Xian reminded me of how Yongbae gave way for me to be with Dara because he knew that Dara was happier with me. Somehow, I understood why Yongbae gave him a chance to be with Jessie even for just how many hours.

“I’m scared, Jiyongah.” Yongbae suddenly said as we were watching Xian and Jessie hug and cry together “I don’t want to see those kind of tears from her again” he continued.

“Yongabe, you’ll be fine. We can’t help tears to come out, but we do what we can to keep those out of their eyes.” I said, as I knew exactly how he felt. He knew in his heart that he loves Jessie and he would give everything to make her happy, but he also knew how toxic our life is as idols, he knew how our schedules and sudden trips could ruin a day, a week, or even a month with the girl we love the most. He saw that from Dara and me. But he also gets the strength from Dara and me as we managed to stay together and adjust to each other’s schedule for years.

As Xian and Jessie were walking back to the hotel, we also went inside the villa. Everyone was awake by now, TOP and Bom cuddling in the sofa, Daesun and Minzy playing Wii, Seungri, CL, and Dara were preparing breakfast. I held Dara’s waist and kissed her “Good morning, baby!” She smiled as she greeted me. I stayed hugging her from the back as Seungri joked how Yongbae and I looked like a couple from outside and how Dara felt jealous and we all laughed.

2ne1 and Bigbang developed a familial relationship through the years. Even though I was dating Dara and Top was dating Bom, we all remained honest and loyal to each other. We ate the breakfast the three prepared as we talked about not wanting to leave yet and extend but we knew it was impossible to happen. Even this vacation was impossible to happen, majority of the YG artists were away for 5 days and nobody noticed it. We all waited for this kind of break.

What I loved about being here was even though people knew who we were, they didn’t stalk us and fight with us when they see me and Dara holding hands and cuddling. They just smile and walk away and nothing really came out yet, thank goodness. But even though it did, I had all the plans of making my relationship with Dara out in public anytime now, we’re just really waiting for the perfect time now.

After breakfast the flowers Yongbae ordered came in as he instructed the housekeeping to deliver it to Jessie’s room.

“HYUNG!!” Seungri exclaimed “Are you doing it today?” He winked as we all knew what he meant and as we waited for his reply.

“We’ll see!” He winked as he went in his room and prepared for the wedding rehearsal.

I washed the dishes with Dara as Seungri, Cl, Minzy, and Daesung played wii and TOP and Bom helped out in cleaning the dining area. I got a chance to talk with Dara about Yongbae and Jessie after doing our chores as we stayed in the balcony and sat on the daybed cuddling.

“You’re close to Jessie, right?” I asked as she said yes and asked me why “Do you think she likes him too? Does she talk about him when you’re together?” I asked.

“Babe, have you ever heard me asking Yongbae if you talk about me and if you tell him you like me?” She winked and continued, “I can’t tell you details. But I know that if Yongbae asks, she wouldn’t say no.” She answered confidently and smiled at me. She suddenly got her phone and took a photo of us together. She playfully looked at me and said “Should I put: with my baby Jiyong chilling by the beach?!” She winked and laughed and I laughed at her cute and playful expression.

“I dare you!” I said as I saw her typing “With my ideal man. Do you think I’m his ideal woman too? Kkkk! ^^”

“You’re gonna get in trouble!” I said worried but laughing as she shook her head and said, “Hey, you did it first! Remember in one 2ne1 TV episode? You introduced yourself as my ideal man?! Ughhh aigoo this guy….” She piched my cheeks “So confident!” I hugged her and kissed her gently as Seungri broke off the intimate air by telling us to get ready as we only had 1 hour before the rehearsals.

Taeyang’s POV:

While everyone was preparing I went to the hotel garden and took out the box and looked at the ring. I fought with myself if I should do it now or should I wait until after the wedding. I held out the ring and the sun enveloped its beautiful form as I smiled and thought of Jessie.

I sat in the couch and decided to listen to my iPod when I saw Jessie walking towards me smiling. I smiled back as I saw her on her regular jeans, flipflops, and light colored top. I never get tired of her simplicity. There’s something so beautiful about how she was herself around me.

She sat next to me as she peeped in my iPod and asked “You look so serious! Everything okay?” She looked at me with concerned eyes.

I smiled as I placed my arm around her shoulders and said “I’m bored. You want to make a bet?” She looked at me and smiled.

“Sure. What’s the wager??” She playfully leaned on my back as I looked for a game in my iPod and I smiled.

“You know this game right?” I pointed out at Temple Run as I knew how she loved the game and how she gets so competitive when she plays it with Dara and the rest of 2ne1.

I saw her grin and said “Of course I do! What will you battle me with though?”

I smiled looking at her child like expression and said “You loose, you sing a song tomorrow at the wedding. A song that would pretty much say what you want to tell me.” I paused as I saw her interesting expression and continued “if I loose, I’ll be your slave tomorrow. I’ll carry around stuff and sing on the wedding!” I declared.

She smirked and pinched my nose “You got yourself a bet!”

As we waited for the rest of the people to come to the rehearsal venue we played on my iPod as she tried her best to distract me from the game to make me loose but I didn’t want to loose as I wanted to hear her sing and what she wanted to tell me. No matter how much she tried to distract me, she even kissed my cheeks a couple of times; I won by a couple of points. Something nobody she battled has still done. She sighed and slapped my arms a couple of times as we leaned back in the sofa together laughing.

“Aigoo, you are one weak runner.” I joked around and looked at her smile.

“And you’re desperate, Yongbae!” She stood up smiling at me. I held her hands not wanting her to leave yet; I wanted to stay that way for a bit more. We felt like a couple and I liked every bit of it. “I can get used to this, Jessie.” I said smiling still holding her hands as she smiled and I saw her blushing.

She let go of my grip when she saw her family walking by “Suite yourself, Yongbae.” She gave me the biggest smile ever and walked out of the wedding venue but managed to look back at me “The flowers, they’re beautiful” we both smiled.

The wedding rehearsal took place as we all observed how Filipino weddings differ from Korean weddings. This is more sincere, it doesnt follow a host prompting us to stand up and do things, it was very laidback and evident of how Jane and Jungmo hyung is as a couple. We all saw Jane nuna's family members and they all looked happy for the couple, they were also friendly enough to welcome us to the wedding. We all socialized, ate, laughed as both Jane and Jungmo's friends and very close relatives gave out their blessings and speeches about the couple. 

A surprise performance came along as I saw Jessie's band come up the stage and everyone was pretty much excited as Jane nuna got the mic and said "I waited to long for this to happen and thank God they're here! I know you missed them together and so did I so I won't make this any longer. Ladies and gents, please welcome to the stage, 2011 MTV Asia's Best all girl band: The Heartbreak Library!"

Five pretty and tall girls went on stage and Jessie led the pack. She was carrying a guitar, something we at YG only discovered today. She held the mic "This song that the couple requested is pretty weird." She paused "When I asked them what they want us to sing, they told us to play this song. A little fact for everyone here!" She winked as she set up her guitar and as her sisters cheered on "Jane and Jungmo met here, in this island. And when he met her..she was holding a mic, singing this song that I'm about to sing. And even though the song was heartbreaking, Jungmo oppa over here was struck by cupid's love arrows and decided to pursue that heartbroken girl singing in front of him." Jungmo and Jane laughed along with their friends as Jessie continued "And so, to relieve their first meeting...We shall sing it for you!" She strummed her guitar to a very ska inspired rhythm. I wasnt familiar with the song but it sounded so upbeat she grabed her mic saying "This song is called I'M NOT CRYING FOR YOU by Save Ferris" Jane and Jungmos stood up bopping their heads as their friends stood along and Jessie started singing.

----

GO TO THIS LINK AND LISTEN AS YOU READ ON: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkvYDQsRpk

----

The crowd including us and Jessie's family swayed and cheered as they sang a couple more songs before they wrapped up the program and wished Jane and Jungmo a happy marriage. That was the first time I heard her sing live. She looked so much prettier, even Hyunsuk hyung commented "She must be in the wrong department." as he and Teddy hyung thought of signing her in as an artist instead. We were amazed how talented Jessie is and I was more and more in love with this girl standing in front of me. There's no way for me to let her go. I just really cant. Tomorrow, at the wedding...I shall make her mine.