Back

Forgotten Secret

I woke up with the buzzing of my doorbell. I looked at the alarm clock in my bed side table and groaned that it was only 2am. I got home late last night due to work. Who the hell would be visiting me at this hour? If it is Jessica I'm gonna really cut all ties with her. She had done this once before, coming to my apartment at this hour, very drunk. I groaned,dragging myself from the bed, wrapping the comforter in my body. My mind is still clouded because of lack of sleep. I didn't peak at the hole knowing it was just Jessica.

I opened the door and lean on the wall. Rubbing my half-closed eye as I voiced out my annoyance 'Seriosly Sica! What is it about this time?.'

'Anyeong'

I felt like my soul left me upon hearing that deep voice. My body automatically turned to the door, yy sleepy eyes turned big. JaeUck slightly stooped down to level his eyes on me, watching me intently in his tight-lipped smile.

I blinked several times in unbelief, making sure it was really him. He was wearing a black ripped jeans, and a black shirt and just a flipflop, a black backpack hanging at his shoulder. He was loosely holding a black cap and a mask. He looks like he just arrived from a trip. What is he doing here at his hour?

'Are you just gonna stand there and look at me?' I heard him chuckled, making me come to my senses. All my bottled up emotions from the previous weeks came back one by one. I covered my face with the comforter in my hand and sobbed, my shoulder shaking. I heard the closing of the door and the next thing I knew I am in his arms, his hand soothing my back.

'Kenchanayo Minyoung, I'm here now.' he said softly as if he was afraid speaking would make me cry more.

'I hate you..' I murmured between my sobs. 'I hate you!' I repeated countless time hitting his chest at the same time.

He laugh throwing his head back. 'Kre..kre..' he kissed my forehead as his hand continued tapping my back. 'That's now what your message last night though.'

I looked away pouting, embarassed with my message to him last night.

He pulled away without letting me go, watching me with a loop-sided smile. If only I could wipe that smile away from his face. Is he laughing at how desperate I look right now? Am I that obvious? I probably look like an idiot crying. He held my waist with his one arm, and softly wiped my tears with his hand.

I put on a strong face not wanting to be swayed by his soft touch. 'How could you be gone for a long time? Are you happy that I get so mad thinking about you? Huh?!' I shoed his hand away from my face looking at him with my narrowed eyes.

He cleared his throat 'Ani..ani!' quickly denying it. He groaned when I hit him again, and smirked to hide his smile.

'I was left here to face the questioning of sajangnym and your omma!' I pushed his shoulder. 'Is that how confident you are just because I like you too?'

He tilted his head and slowly smiled at what he heard while scratching his eyebrow. His forehead creased for a while before breaking into a very loud and deep laughter.

My eyes turned big, surprised with his laughter and realized what I just said. I was so embarassed that I decided to leave him but before I can even take a step away he already got a hold of my right hand, pulling my body closer to him. Aigoo, how I can I be so weak when it comes to him? With just his touch and even just a look from him, my anger disappear. He held my chin and made me look at him.

'I miss you too Minyoung..' he closed his eyes and embraced me tightly. '..so much.' Was it tough for him too? 'I wish you knew how it was hard for me to be away from you for a long time, I thought I'll go crazy.' He looked down at me  'Mianhe MinYoung for making you go through this alone. I told you and made you feel I like you but it doesn't seem to go through you. I thought you'll realize how you feel for me when you don't see me. It surely worked!'

I can't hold his look so I moved my eyes away from him. He pulled me closer, both arms enclosing me in my waist leaving no space between us. I have no choice but to look back at him. My body felt warmth with the way we are standing so close, I hope he can't hear how my chest is pounding so hard.

'It was your fault it took you long to realize you like me too.' teasing me.

I pouted and looked away. The way he look and smile warms me, I could probably melt if he continued looking that way at me. Kre, I guess there's no sense denying it. I hug him tight hiding my face in his chest.  

'Can I get a kiss jagi? Juseyo..'

The lights was dim in my apartment but I'm probably all red with his endearment. Kyaa, this is embarassing. I shook my head, snuggling in his chest.

'It's our first day dating its just proper that I get a kiss.' 

'Ya!' I suddenly pushed him surprised with his words.

His hands move to my side holding me. 'Don't tell me you're still going to deny that you like me?' 

'Are we -' I couldn't finish my question because he was already planting soft kisses to my lips, making me look at him, watching my reaction as if asking permission to go further.

'Bogoshipda' he said in between our kisses pulling me to him as he lean on the wall.

I closed my eyes as he softly on my lips making me held on to his arms, I smoothed his protruding veins. I moaned when he open my lips with his, his hands at my back pressing me more to him, deepening our kiss. I s my arms around his neck encouraging his kisses, tiptoeing to reach him more. He held my waist raising me, making me wound my legs around his waist.

'Oppa...' I grasped for air as he kiss the side of my neck. My hands played with his ear and at the ends of his hair. I tried to meet his kiss again when a barked stopped us, turning our head to the floor where Leon was restlessly jumping on our side.

I shook my head smiling at him while he put me down, his arm never leaving my waist.

'Mianhe Leon, did we wake you up?' him softly with my legs.

'Introduce me.' JaeUck nudged me so I pick up Leon.

'Oh Leon, this is JaeUck oppa..'

'Ani..' Leon's head 'appa, Leon's appa.'

I shook my head, smiling at him. He turned to me, dropping a peck on my lips and pulling me to his side. My heart feels bursting, I wish I could photograph it right now and and see how happy it is.

'Can I sleep here?' He asked messing my hair as we walk inside.

'Bwo?' I looked at him sharply, if he's planning on something. I let go of Leon who went back to his mat.

'Don't tell me you're going to send me home at this hour. I went straight here from the airport cause I couldn't wait until tomorrow to see you.' 

'Kre, but you will sleep in the couch.' I pointed the couch. 

'Ande!' He strongly disagree. 'I couldn't sleep well in the plane...jebal jagi please let me sleep in the bed with you, promise I'll behave..if you do.' He added wiggling his eyebrows at me. 

I hit his shoulder. 'Ya! I don't have any intention.'

He just laugh while I went back to bed 'Clean up first, I can smell cigarette in your shirt.'

'Wow, your nose is unbelievable.. I only had one stick. I was bored waiting in the airport longue.' He explained. I leaned on my headboard watching him sort through his backpack. 

'Be careful there. Leon is sleeping.. ' I reminded him as he walk to the bathroom.

'Anyeong Leon' I heard him whispered a little while. 'Appa ga.'

I giggled hearing that. 

'I'll have you meet Daum and Murang soon.' 

The sound of the shower made me sleepy. I don't know what time JaeUck finished but the last thing I felt was warmth engulfing me and a kiss on my forehead.

Still sleepy, I my ringing phone in my bedside table.

'Yeobeseyo?' I greeted in my groggy voice. I carressed JaeUck's arm holding my waist. His leg is heavy on top of mine, but I won't complain. His breath tickling my  neck.

'Minyoung'

'Hmm?' I turned to JaeUck to make sure I don't wake him up but he's already looking at me through his half closed eyes, his hand soothing my hair.

'Who's that?' he whispered in his hoarse voice. I quickly covered his mouth in case Jessica hear him. I ignored him and continued talking to Jessica. 'Oh? Kre..kre. what's the call time?'

'8am, same location.'

'Ne..' 

'Is someone with you Minyoung? I clearly heard a male voice..'

'Tss, I'm still in bed Sica..'

'Oh my gosh Minyoung! Did you -

'Ya! I'm hanging up!'

'Wait..wait...tell me.'

'I'm watching drama okay? You heard the male lead, that was it.' I elbowed JaeUck when I heard his soft chuckle as I made up excuses to Jessica.

'Arasso, I just thought you already moved on from the guy you like.'

'I'm hanging up.' 

'What was it?' JaeUck asked.

'Just about work.' I scooted in his chest embracing him more.

'Do you have schedule today?'

'Ne. Just sleep here and go to your apartment later.' 

'Shall I do that Minyoung?' His hand soothing my back is drawing me back to sleep.

'Hmm..' 

'I want to bring you to work. That's what a good boyfriend do when he doesn't have work.' 

I can't help my giddiness hearing himself saying 'boyfriend'. 

'Kre, let's sleep more. I have one more hour before I get up.' A tender kiss on my head answered me. 

I was waiting for Sehun to come out from the fitting room when my phone beeped and saw a message from JaeUck. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. I feel like walking in a cloud this past few weeks, like I ate a lot of sweets. Jessica had been giving me her weird looks as if I'm alien but no, she won't be getting anything from me. Suppressing is so hard, I won't be surprised if I get a heart attack soon with all my pent up emotions just like right now. If I'm just alone I would be wearing a huge smile, stomping my feet or rolling in the bed because of happiness. Kyaaa, I'm must be getting crazy! Am I even normal? I'm already 33, I shouldn't act like a teenager right? It's JaeUck's fault, he is making me feel warm with all his sweetness. This is very different from my previous relationships so it's scaring  me. I only hope JaeUck feels the same way as I do.

Jagi (he updated his name in my contacts again): Did you eat the lunch I ordered for you?

Me: Yes, thank you for that and sending some for my staff as well. But I told you not to send lunch anymore since the production team provides food here.

I just don't want him going out of his way, he's a busy person as well.

JaeUck: I should take care of you MinYoung, plus you know I'll get something in return..keke.

I blush thinking what he'll get in return, would it be a kiss?? Kyaaaa!  I pressed both sides of my cheeks to hide my warm cheeks. I decided to ignore his last message, he's really pro in teasing me.

Me: Are you still outside?

He said he'll have a meeting today.

JaeUck: Ne. I'll be done soon. How about you?

Me: On the last wardrobe. Text me when you're in the parking lot.

JaeUck: Kre jagi

Kyaaa...I quickly covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing a loud. He's really going to be the death of me.


I've been arguing with Sehun that he doesn't have to wait for my ride, but he just won't listen to me. He and his manager went with my team helping us with our stuff to load in my assistant's car and now he's waiting with me for my ride. He's holding my huge back, swaying it back and forth.

'...it was fun noona, I really like it.'

He was telling me about the place he visited last time, urging me to go there as well.

'I will when I have time...' I heard a horn and turned to see JaeUck's black car approaching. 'Oh, that's my ride.'

'You have a new car noona?' He always see my white car.

'Ani' I shook my head reaching for my bag. 'That's my friend's car.'

'Arasso..' he tried to see the driver.

'Ga!' I shooed him when I was about to enter the car.

'Ne, noona. Good night!' He keeps on waving until the car disappered from his sight.

'Did you wait for a long time?' JaeUck asked quickly looking at me.

'Ani.' I fixed the button of his grey long sleeve 'You look good today!' his hair while he drive.

I got a tap in my knees from his hand. I just had to smile knowing he is embarassed everytime I tell him he's good looking. I don't understand why a guy like him who is vocally praised for his outstanding visual get all shy on that.

'Ne, I have a stylist jagi, I should keep up the image.'

I touch his cheek, making him glance at me.

'How's your day?' I love how we get to talk about our day. His passion in his field makes him so interesting and one of the things I really like about him. He's a man who's always up for challenge. This makes me want to work hard further. He accounted his day, telling about the people he met and what he thinks would be good for the offered project. I would also the same to which he will return with a few questions making me wonder if he would like to work in my field, he seems so interested.

'Where are we going?' I got curious when he turned left going to the seaside. When we get to the port, he opened the car roof window, turning on the music inside the car.

If not inside the car, inside the apartment is where we date. The location doesn't matter as long as we're together, though at times I thought how he probably wants to date outside, like how normal couple does.

He reclined our seats. 'I heard it's full moon tonight. Shall we wait for it?'

I nod with excitement. I love how JaeUck always has ways to make things interesting for both of us. I watched how focused he is with the stars making him smile. I couldn't help but take a photo of his relax state.

'Do you want it?' JaeUck's deep voice broke into my thoughts while looking at his photo I took. I give him my tight lipped smile, dropping a kiss in his cheek. He took my hand and pulled me, making me sit in his lap. He adjusted his seat to make sure there's enough leg room.

'Oppa, I'm heavy.'

'Bwo? I don't think you even eat.' he pulled me, making me lean on his chest.

I closed my eyes while playing with his hand on my lap. No one talked, both of us savoring the silence we have. It was such a comfortable feeling, I never knew silence can be comforting as well.

'What are you thinking oppa?' I whispered, playing with his ear.

'Nothing. Sometimes you just have to think of nothing Minyoung. I don't like to think when I don't have work.' laughing at himself. He tapped my arms 'But I remember something. Who's the guy who was with you earlier?'

'Sehun?' I looked at him sitting straight.

'Ah, he's young and good looking.'

'Well, he's an idol so of course he should be.'

'He likes you!' laughing after saying that.

'Ya, oppa! How coould you say that? Sehun is just being kind waiting with me. He doesn't want to leave me alone there.'

'Arasso..' he my back to calm me. 'Believe me. Do you know doensaeng finds noona apprealing?'

I frowned, confused with what he said.

'Tss, you won't know since your dense.' he bit his lower lip suppressing his laugh.

'Chakaman!' I covered his mouth with my hand. 'So did you like a noona before?'

He pulled my hand down. 'I told you its normal, but you know I'm way past that age so I'm all yours.'

Bwo? What a conceited man! I pierced my eyes at him and pinched his cheeks so hard he groaned, but he was smiling.

'Stop..stop..'

I pushed him away and decided to move back to my seat when he held my waist putting me in my place again.

'Kre..I'll stop teasing you!' He's still laughing.

I pouted, looking at him. 'Oppa, don't tease me with other guys please? How could you tease your girlfriend with somebody else?'

'Miyanhe..miyanhe Minyoung' he my hair, smiling. 'You're so pretty that's why. Should we get caught then so they'll know you already have a boyfriend?'

'Should we do that?' I drop a soft kiss in his lips, which he deepened earning a moan from me.

I realized JaeUck is such a made man, sure of himself. I wonder what can break this strong man.