Epilogue: The Kim Family

Forgotten Secret

 

'Anyeong haseyo' the two child sitting in a white couch greeted cheerfully.

'How old are you two?'

Raising three fingers, both of them answered. 'We're three.'

'What's your appa's name?'

'Kim JaeUck!' they shouted at each other.

'And your omma?'

'Kim Minyoung!'

'Please introduce yourself.'

The boy stood up but was pulled back by the girl.

'It should be me first, I'm the eldest.'

'Ani. I'm the girl, appa said you should have ladies go first.' She pushed the boy and fell on his , in no time he started crying.

'Cut please!' JaeUck scrummbled to his seat and came running to his kids. 'I'm sorry pd-nim let me talk to my kids first.' JaeUck told the staff as he knelt down infront of his kids. He shook his head, wanting to regret why he agreed with sajangnym about joining this variety show. He made a deal that he'll join but he'll give him two years break so he can travel with his family. He knew his sons are not familiar with this. I have never exposed my family to entertainment world, they must have felt scared seeing a lot of people in our home and cameras focused on them.

'Appaaa!' his eldest cried out to him as he kneel infront of them. 'MinJae pushed me!'

'Arasso..arasso..' he soothed the back of his son. 'JaeMin, you said you're going to behave. What did omma said to you about quarelling with MinJae?'

'Miyanhe appa..' her daughter's soft voice that sounded like her mom would always melt his heart.

'Arasso.' he kissed her forehead. 'Please behave okay? Tell MinJae that you're sorry.'

'Miyanhe MinJae.' she gave her brother a hug.

Ahjumma, our househelper came and informed me that Minyoung has arrived. I took a deep breath, relieved that my wife is finally at home. I could never do this without her. I carried the kids in my arms to meet Minyoung outside our house. The kids squirmed from his arms when they saw their mom walking towards them.

'Omma!' MinJae run to meet his mother.

'MinJae stop running.' Minyoung reminded her son, she can't help laugh at him. Aigoo, she missed them. JaeMin was running as well. She kneeled down and open her arms to engulf her kids, giving them a sounding kiss in the cheeks. 'I miss you MinJae, JaeMin. Did you behave well with appa?'

'Omma, JaeMin pushed me - '

'Ya! I already said sorry!' JaeMin cut her brother.

'Aigoo..you two are it again. Looks like you gave appa a hard time?' I wink at JaeUck who was watching us from afar. I took their hands, walking with them towards JaeUck. 'Anyeong yobo!' JaeUck's raised eyebrow and loop-sided smile made me all giddy. I missed my husband after being away for a two-day business trip. Work when I have to travel and leave my family. JaeUck opened his arms and I came running towards him after letting go of our kids hands.

'Finally my wife is home.' he whispered, embracing me tightly.

'Miyanhe yobo.' I look up to him and meet his lips. I pinched his side when he deepened the kiss. 'Ya, there are people inside the house.'

JaeUck close his eyes. 'I'm really regretting that I agreed with sajangnym on this.'

Minyoung laugh at JaeUck. 'Arasso, let's have this family interview done so they'll leave the house.' Before they could even step inside the house, they heard the sound of crashing equipments in the floor followed by a cry from JaeMin and dogs barking. JaeUck shut his eyes and raked his hair in frustration.

'Yobo, you have to admit JaeMin takes after you.' JaeUck teased Minyoung.

Nevertheless, JaeUck and Minyoung's little home brightened even more with the arrival of the twins. It was chaotic ever since but they love it just how their family is.
JaeUck knew having a twins and 3 pets in the house could be burdensome but he was glad it brought him and Minyoung even closer. Minyoung had lessen her workload when their twins was born, while JaeUck agreed to having one drama a year giving them more time with their family.

'Anyeong haseyo, Kim JaeUck imnida. I'm here as JaeMin and MinJae's appa. I thought of joining the show for my fans who supported me since my debut day. I have kept my family away from the limelight eversince and would like to keep it that way. But I know many are curious about how I am as a family man. Through this program my family would like to give you a glimpse of our everyday life as a gratitude for your support.  I want my fans to know, I am just like their father who will do everything for their family. I'm not perfect father nor husband, Minyoung my wife has been doing well in filling my inadequacies. I hope that by watching us, you will be able to reflect on your own family. Please give us some love and we hope you like the show just as how we are having fun with our kids.'