Aftermath

Forgotten Secret

As soon JaeUck and I went out of the meeting room, reporters run after us. I could hardly moved from my shocked, they could easily swamp us. I groaned when someone step in my shoes. JaeUck placed his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his chest. His other hand was on top of my head, covering me from the photographers. It was a complete mess. I'm also worried about him because he was just wearing a cap, he did not even bother to put on a mask and he was just on his flipflops? I doubt he went to his apartment to rest as what he said earlier.

Someone shouted my name, pulling me back to my surroundings.

'Park Minyoung-ssi, were you cheating on Yeon Seok-ssi with JaeUck-ssi? There were rumors that the two of you were seen in a college party in LA.'

I should have expected the question, it still hurt though when someone really asked you.

'Don't mind them, just keep on walking.' JaeUck whispered.

'JaeUck-ssi can you confirm what Park Minyoung-ssi said earlier that you two are dating?'

'JaeUck-ssi, I just saw you in the airport earlier. Did you come here straight from the airport?'

'Congratulations JaeUck-ssi and Minyoung-ssi. When is the wedding?'

Wedding? We have not officially confirmed our relationship, could they wait for that before jumping into wedding questions? More questions were threw and more media people mob us once we were outside the hotel building, we could hardly move. JaeUck was holding me tight just so the media people surrounding us won't touch me. Just our position right now should have confirmed our relationship.

'Please give way.' I heard the familiar voice of JaeUck's driver.

'Get inside the car.' JaeUck opened the door for me, covering my head as I go inside. I thought he will follow but he closed the door and stayed outside.

'Anyeong haseyo. Miyanhe that I meet you today like this.' I heard JaeUck spoke outside the car. 'My management will issue an official statement about what happened today. It was a difficult day for MinYoung and I and if I may ask that we give today a rest. Have a safe trip going back to your place tonight. Good night everyone.'

As soon as JaeUck entered the car, we left the area.

'Kwenchana?' JaeUck look at me with his concerned eyes, his one hand held my face while the other carressed my hair. I held on to his wrist, leaning on his hand as his thumb runs in my cheek giving me comfort. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead. 'Miyanhe Minyoung' he whispered 'You're not used to this kind of situation. Let's go to Germany tonight, we -

'Wae?' I pulled away from him, surprised at what he said.

'They won't stop bothering us, let's just wait for things to cool down here and we'll go back.' I felt JaeUck's hand softly patting my back, making me calm. 'I already called omeonim and got your passport.' He pulled me to his chest, running his hand in my arms. 'I understand your worried about work, but with this situation you won't be able to come to your office, hmm?'

I took a deep breath trying to understand him. I guess his right.

'Do you trust me Minyoung? Trust is love you know.'

I hit his chest for pulling that trick on me again which he just laugh at.

'Gomowo.'

I shook my head. 'Ani oppa, I'll do it for you.' I looked up to him eyes lit up and delighted that he is by my side now. Kre, let's leave today at rest and wait for tomorrow to come.

He meet my eyes, mouth quirked up at the corner, looking pleased.

'Saranghae' I mouthed at him not wanting for his driver to hear it. I removed his cap and comb his hair with my hand. 

He chuckled, engulfing me with his two arms. 'Hmmm..' swaying our body together. 'Good work today jagi.'

 

I woke up the next day to the gentle of my wrist. I snuggled closer to him, kissing his throat. I looked up at him, slowly opening my eyes and I saw him looking at me with intently. 'You're up early?' I asked, trying to open my eyes. I would always wake up ahead of him when we're together to cook our breakfast. He loves it when I feed him his first meal for the day.

He nodded kissing my wrist where he was earlier. It was little bright inside as I noticed half of the curtain was already gathered in one side. I turned my body wanting to see morning in Germany but he held me in my place. 

'I want to see -

'It was you, right?'

I looked at my wrist where his thumb is gently the dog tatoo. I pushed his chest so he would lossen his hold on but he tigthened instead. I looked away feeling guilty of hiding what happened before between us. Looking back, getting through those days were hard, I was so worried, afraid and sad but I'm glad I made it. I admit I got mad at him at first for just leaving but eventually I understand it was something both of us didn't want to happen. I took all the courage to look at him, waiting for his outburst but change when I saw his eyes. It's the first time I see uncertainty at him, as if he's scared of something.  Looking at him made my heart broken. I looked away to blink the tears that are threatining to fall. I couldn't bear to see regret, loss and torment in his eyes. I wonder how he knew.

I was about to say something to make him feel better when I tear fell from his eyes, crossing to the bridge of his nose. 

'Ani oppa, don't feel bad.' I hurriedly wipe his tears, couldn't bear seeing him this sad. I didn't realize I myself was already crying too. I buried my face in his chest to hide my face while I sob quietly. JaeUck engulfed me in his arms, so tight as if wanting to make up for the times I was alone. I felt him shaking and hearing his silent cry broke my heart more. I understand why his feeling this way now, the past just hit him while I already moved on and accepted what happened.'Miyanhe oppa, miyanhe.' I said several times.

'It wasn't your fault Minyoung. I should be the one saying sorry.' I felt his chest rise as if something buried deep inside has been lifted up. 'Miyanhe Minyoung' he whispered repeatedly in a strained voice while his smoothens my hair. 'I shouldn't had drink a lot that night.'

I snuggled closer, returning his embrace wanting him to feel I'm okay, that everything is alright now, he doesn't need to be sorry about it anymore. We stayed in that position for awhile, both of us in a complete silence that one would thought we're still sleeping. I looked up to him when I felt his calm breathing.

'I shouldn't have left you there, right? I could have waited longer..' he looked down at me wiping my cheeks.

I shook my head and wipe his face as well with the back of my hands. 'You had to leave. You left your number but I didn't call.'

'Why didn't you call? I waited Minyoung. I was hoping you'd call. I was worried about you.'

'There was nothing to talk about oppa. I wasn't pregnant. It was something that we didn't want to happen, it was an accident, an unfortunate thing.'

'Unfortunate because of me?' he asked in between his deep breath.

'Ani!' I looked into his eyes, smiling at him while I his eyebrows. 'I was glad it's you oppa. The only thing that makes it easier for me to accept was knowing that it wasn't just someone. I was able to put a face on him. When I met you and got to know you, I'm glad it was you, you're a good person, more than just a pretty face.'

I shook my head and laugh when his mouth broke into a shy smile. I pinched his nose. 'Omo, are you being shy on me now?'

'Thank you Minyoung for being strong, I came to realized you're braver than me. It must be tough going through with it alone and I'm so sorry for putting you through it. I couldn't imagine the pain you've been through because of me. I was very worried about you. What if you get pregnant? Or did you?!'

'Bwo?' I pushed him away not believing he'll asked that. Seriously? We've been together for almost a year and he still ask that, he should have known right?

He pulled me back quickly, my chest almost hitting his. 'I mean I don't know, did you by any chance got miscarriage or abort? I will not judge you. I will understand if you did that but of course I will be sad.'

'I didn't get pregnant okay. I was glad I didn't, even if it was you oppa I don't want to be a mother in that age. I was young and not ready for anything like that.'

He tightened his arms around me, kissing my forehead. 'If you got pregnant that time do you have plans on telling me?'

I look at him before slowly shaking my head.

'Wae?' taken a back by my answer.

I straightened his frown, smiling at him. 'This is making me uncomfortable oppa.' I complained, pouting.

'I want to know please.'

I took a deep breath. 'You were running for your dreams at that time, me and a baby would just be a hindrance. Besides, I'm sure I could find a way to look after myself. I'm glad it didn't happen, let's not worry about the past. The present is what matters.' 

'I was probably a hero in the previous life for letting me meet you again Minyoung. I'll make up for everything.You should tell me everything okay? No more secrets from now on. You know I'll eventually find out.'  He held my chin and looked into my eyes 'I love you more Minyoung.'

I can't help but smile at how his words warms my heart. 'Nado oppa.' I answered before his lips touch mine. I pulled away when my stomach growled making us both laugh. 'We should get up.' I tapped his shoulder but he just wouldn't budge.

'I ordered a room service, it will be here soon.'

'Kre. Can we go out later in the evening? It's my first time here.' His hand underneath my shirt roaming on my side and back is making me think of something else other than food. I wish the room service will be here soon otherwise we might end up having each other for breakfast. Kyaaa..

'Wae? Why are your ears turning red? Do you feel hot or something?'

'Ani..ani. Ah..just hungry...for the food.'

JaeUck narrowed his eyes on me. 'Oh kre, let me - ' the door buzzed 'There' JaeUck pointed at the door. 'Let's get up and go out after breakfast.'

My eyes followed JaeUck walking to the door. 'Are you sure? Someone might recognize you.' How unfair, JaeUck look fresh even if he just woke up.

'Stop worrying about me okay? Just let me take care of you.'


'What's for breakfast?' I yawned, stretching while going to the table where JaeUck had a smirk plastered in his mouth eyeing me. Aish, I probably look awful with my puffy face. I should have comb my hair and not just bob it at the top of my head, hair falling in the side of my face.

My face lit up when I saw fried rice and noodles, there was also bacon, toasts and hotdogs, I'm famished. JaeUck placed rice in my plate. We were silently eating, my mind occupied with the work I left in Korea. I need to talk to Jessica but remembered I left my phone. I raised my eyebrow at JaeUck when I noticed him glancing at me from time to time.

'Bwo?' I ran my tongue on my lips in case something got caught in my mouth. He won't answer but will just give me his loopsided smile. I took the cup of coffee in front of me, I was about to sip when I noticed something sparkling inside. I was worried cause already drunk more than half of the coffee, it might upset my stomach. I took my fork to pick whatever it is in the coffee. The cup almost slipped my hand when I saw what's inside.

Mouth gaped, my eyes went back and forth from the engagement ring to JaeUck, who is watching me with amusement. 'Oppa..' I slowly placed the cup in the table and looked at the ring intently. It's a yellow gold ring with white diamond at the center and small diamonds on its side. It's simple but very classic. I like how it doesn't scream attention. My heart is pounding hard. We were watching each other as he walk towards me. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself, with this strange feeling I have. He kneeled down, and turned my seat to face him, making our eyes on the same level. He took the ring and slowly put it on my left hand's ring finger without taking his eyes off me.

'It looks good on you Minyoung.' he held my two hands, examining the ring. He looked at me with warm smile while my mind is still lost on how to respond, he hasn't said anything yet about the ring.

I cleared my throat gathering all my courage to ask. 'Uhm..oppa..I -'

He found his way in between my legs and s his arms around my waist pulling me towards him. 'Let's get married here MinYoung.'

'Bwo?!' I pushed him from his shoulder. Is he crazy? I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, he was smiling, amused at my panic reaction. He held my face in between his hands and placed a soft kiss on my trembling lips. I can feel my eyes watering on the sides.

'I'm serious Minyoung.' He kissed my exposed shoulder as I was wearing his black shirt. His warm breath on my throat confuses me more so I held on his shoulder stopping him.

'Wait..wait..' but he just won't stop kissing my throat 'Oppa!' I hit his shoulder and he just laugh not stopping 'I'm not getting married here in Germany without omma, she will kill me.' I crossed my arms in front of me.

He took a deep breath eyeing me closely. 'Minyoung, is there any other reason to marry than love?'

'It's just..-'

'Do you trust me?'

There we go again..kre..trust is love.

'I already talked to omeonim  and got her approval. I even asked her to come but she said her passport is expired. Let's do the proper ceremony in Korea when we get back. You haven't answered, I'm waiting..'

I looked at him closely. Spending my entire life with this man? Why wouldn't I want it? My mind can't find any reason to reject JaeUck's proposal. I know it wouldn't be easy but I think facing uncertainties together is better than struggling alone. JaeUck has been very consistent in making me feel happy and sometimes I worry if I also reciprocate. 'Ne, Kim JaeUck-ssi let's get married -'

I didn't realized JaeUck was holding his breath until he broke into a smile. 'And give Leon, Murang and Daum siblings?' Wiggling his eyebrows at me. I just noticed that my legs are now s around his waist and my arms around his neck. I have no idea how those happened and his hands are now comfortably smoothing my thighs.


'Miyanhe sajangnym..' I woke up hearing JaeUck on the phone beside me. He was lying on his side watching me while his hand was smoothing my hair. I turned my back on him but he scooped me towards his chest. JaeUck and I got married yesterday at the office of his friend who is a lawyer. I don't know how JaeUck prepared everything but yes we are now legally married. I still couldn't believe everything happened so quickly. I wonder I don't feel any hesistation in my decision. I know and feel that marrying JaeUck is the best decision I made.

We went out everyday, strolling around. Some people recognized and asked JaeUck for a photo. I felt their curiosity on me but I just ignored it and would even offer to take the photo for them.  

As much I really don't want to get up, it's impossible for us to spend the whole day lying in bed today. I need to pack our things cause we will be moving to Munchen today. I tap his hand on my waist so I can get up. He did lossen his hold but it remained my sides. His eyes stayed on me making me conscious as I sit on the bed, I brushed my bed hair with my hand in case it looks like a bird nest. 'Did you order room service?' I asked softly while he listens to sajangnym and gave me a nod.

I fixed his shirt I am wearing under the comforter before I get up from the bed. I went to the bathroom for my morning rituals. I heard the opening and closing of the door, it must be the room service. JaeUck was preparing the table when I passed by his side, I watched him setting up the table. Aigoo, JaeUcks bed hair is too much for an early day. I almost jump when he kissed the side of my neck as he passed by my sit.

'Could you please shave your beard oppa?' I told him as I touched my neck.

'You weren't complaining last night Minyoung.' teasing me.

Oh my gosh this ert man! I rolled my eyes at him when he stood by my side with his arm on my shoulder. I looked up to him when I remember I need to do something important today. 'I really have to go out today oppa.'

'Yobo..'

I pouted when he corrected me. 'Please give me sometime, I'm just getting used to this.'

He messed my hair laughing.

'I have to call Sica as well, let me borrow your phone later.'

'What are you going to do outside that I can't come?'

He can come, it's just that I'm embarassed. I took a deep breath. 'I have to take my shots, it's overdue. I'm supposed to have it the day we left Korea but you know what happened.'

'Just skip it Minyoung'  He shrugged and placed some food on my plate. I look at him with unbelief. Does he understand what he's saying?

'Bwo?' I'm starting to get pissed at how casual he is with the topic.

'I don't want to get pregnant this -

'Bwo? you are pregnant Minyoung?'

I turned to JaeUck who can't stop laughing when he saw my surprised look upon hearing Sajangnym's voice over the phone, that's in the middle of our table. I palmed my forehead, I thought they were done talking?

'Oh yeoboseyo sajangnym' I whispered, embarassed at what he heard. I hit JaeUck's arm with all my strength and pinched his side making him laugh more.

'Ya JaeUck!' I feel bad for sajangnym on the other line, his head is probably about to burst with the issue he had to fix for JaeUck.

'Ani..ani sajangnym you misheard it.' I elbowed JaeUck who was wearing a smug look while I struggled explaining to sajangnym.

'Aigoo..you two, I'm going to die because of you JaeUck. You turned off your phone for several days, and now you're telling that you and Minyoung got married!' I could hear his heavy breathing. 'I told you to stay put in the car that night cause your driver will get MinYoung. Why did you go there by yourself and look at the noise this week?! How do I tell the media that you got married? And your contracts? Your supposed to start filming next week.'

JaeUck just shrugged as if he isn't affected by it. 'It's an action drama sajangnym you don't have to worry about having chemistry.' JaeUck pointed the bread at the table with his mouth so I took it and I feed it to him.

'And do you know Yoo's legal team called me, threatening to sue you JaeUck? How are we going to fix this?'

'Miyanhe sajangnym' I butted it 'I'll deal with -'

'Ya, I told you to stay away from that man MinYoung.' JaeUck reminded me 'I'll deal with him sajangnym.'

'How? Make sure it doesn't reach the media again.' We heard his deep breath in the other line. 'Aigoo, why do you have to pin for MinYoung anyway JaeUck..'

JaeUck almost cough with what sajangnym said 'Kre sajangnym, I wonder too.' I answered laughing.

'And just to be sure before I sent out the press release, you're not pregnant Minyoung?'

'Working on it sajangnym!' JaeUck blurted out. I glared at him for teasing sajangnym.
 

'Minyoungieeee...!'

I rolled my eyes at Jessica who had been acting miserable the first minute I video called her.

'How could you betray me Minyoung? Stabbing me behind my back with JaeUck-oppa? You know how I feel for him!'

There she goes again over reacting. I ignored what she said and browsed on the phone checking my email.  'It's not so bad Sica. See, you're now closer to JaeUck. Do you think anyone can be that close to him as you are?'

She giggled, pleased with what she heard. 'Arasso, you're right there Minyoung. What a lucky girl you are! And I guess after what happened that night you should hold tighter on JaeUck oppa cause now he's the national boyfriend of Korea.'

Is that so? I looked at her waiting to continue.

'Let me read to you some of the comments Minyoung just to threatened you..' then she made a deep laugh.

'Ommo, JaeUck-ssi is so sweet protecting his girl like that!'
'JaeUck-ssi please protect me too..'
'I love you JaeUck you're so manly. Kre, I permit you to have a girlfriend if you make me your #2!'

I smiled at that comments while Jessica was hitting her table laughing.

'Now I know why JaeUck-ssi is happy lately, you're dating uh. Good for you!'
'Ya Park Minyoung! If you hurt our oppa our whole fans club will come to you and kill you!'

'Bwo??' I was trying not to react but that was a scary comment.

'That was my comment MinYoung, look I have the highest like!" pointing at her comment.

'Really ah Sica? You plan to kill me?'

'Hmm, I think I'm willing to delete it, if you answer one question about JaeUck oppa.'

'Call!' She'll just probably ask about JaeUck's upcoming project.

'Is he really a good kisser just like in the dramas he played?' Jessica wiggled her eyebrows, challenging me to answer.

'That's too personal Sica?'

'What? We don't need to ask about his work, we already know what he's up to. Of course we want the juicy part..'

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nod.

'Kyaaa!' Jessica shouted.

'Ya! Stop shouting!' JaeUck is sleeping.  'Enough! Let's start work.'

'Oh my gosh..og my gosh, Minyoung I'm about to die..'

'Ya! What's happening with you?' I grab the phone so I can look closely at her.

'Yobo, are you not done yet?'

'Huh?' I didn't noticed JaeUck passed by and he's shirtless?? I shook my head understanding now why Jessica is freaking out. He went to the fridge 'We're out of fruits?'

'We forgot to get it earlier, let's get some tomorrow.'

JaeUck pulled a chair beside me. 'Sica is here.' I whispered at him 'Can you wear a shirt please?'

'Uh?' He looked at the phone and waved. 'Anyeong Sica.'

'Oh JaeUck-oppa!' She said shyly. I almost laugh at how shy she is when she's infront of JaeUck.

I could feel Jessica's huge grin as she watch JaeUck sitting beside me. He placed his chin on my shoulder and put his arms around my waist. 'I can't sleep yobo, I'll wait 'til you're done.'

'Yobo??!' Jessica asked.

'Miyanhe Sica, didn't Minyoung told you yet? We got married here, last week.' JaeUck just told her flat.

'Minyoungieeee...!'

I cringed hearing Jessica shouting. Omo...