Confession

Forgotten Secret

I felt like I was stabbed in the chest after reading the article. I quickly check the logs on my phone remembering it was ringing endlessly earlier which I ignored as I watched the changing of my tires.

Jessica, Omma, Sajangnym, manager Lee, JaeUck...oh my gosh. I massaged my back neck as I felt like a headache is coming. I looked for Yeon Seok's name in my log, none, not even a single call from him. Whoa I can't believe the guts of that man, he brought me to this situation and not even a single word from him? Kre, if that's how you want to play it. I decided not to call him and just ignore him, let him think that I don't even care what he does. 

I quickly sent a message to omma. I don't want to call her, I'm sure she's gonna freak out and conversation will take long. I told her I'm okay, she has nothing to worry, the news is not true. I am with JaeUck not with Yeon Seok. I tried calling JaeUck but his phone is off. I sent him a text saying I'm okay, he doesn't have to worry, do his work there well and we'll talk when he gets back. And of course I added saranghae at the end. I ignored sajangnym and manager Lee, I'll let my team deal with them, what matters is JaeUck.

Jessica reported that they took the phone off from hook cause it was ringing endlessly, our team is wasting their time answering the phone instead of doing their work. She also advised everyone not to go out since a lot of media people are lobbying outside.

Great! This is crazy.

I can't just imagine what will people say if JaeUck and I got caught. They would surely think worst of me that I'm cheating on JaeUck and Yeon Seok. And what would people think of JaeUck? People will pity him, they will think low of him for being cheated. People can be so judgemental, even if the issue is cleared, it doesn't mean people forgets.

My client meetings were rescheduled while some agreed to having it online, which what I did for the entire day inside the office. I'm glad that though I'm stuck in the office I was able to be productive. I looked at my watch and wonder if its already calm outside. It's almost 7pm, they probably went home. I was about to peak outside from the huge glass wall when my phone rang.

'Oppa!' I felt like jumping seeing his name calling.

'Where are you?'

I immediately hint worried in his voice. 'I'm in the office oppa, don't worry about me okay? Just stay calm. Where are you anyway? Are you back?'

'I am a back and is about to go to your office.'

'No! Don't go here!' I jump from my seat. Is he crazy? He knows what will happen if comes here. 'Oppa, please...please.. just stay where you are..'

'We just landed and I'm about to go to you MinYoung. You know I won't just seat still and wait for this thing to clear up. How did you entangle with that guy anyway?'

'It's a long story oppa, I didn't know this will happen -

'I didn't know you were even meeting that guy'

He doesn't sound mad, I guess just surprised, I never mention Yeon Seok to him and suddenly the whole Korea knows I am dating that guy, oh well, they doesn't really care I am dating Yeon Seok cause I'm just a normal people. Yeon Seok a congloremate son is dating me, is different.

'I know oppa, miyanhe, I'm not keeping it from you. It's not important to me that's why I didn't tell you about it. But yeah, let's talk about it when we see each other. Let's wait for everything to calm down first.'

'Bwo? I told you, I won't just seat still and have some guy own you!'

I pull the phone away from my ear, he was definitely not calm about this. I can almost see his veins in his hand and neck popping. I admit my heart almost burst with what he said but this is not the right time for him to show his chivalry.

'I will ask sajangnym to make a press release -'

'Aish, oppa please I told you, let me fix this today okay? I'll talk to Yeon Seok..'

'What? You haven't talked to that man? Erased that, don't talk to that man ever and don't ever see him. Send me his number and I'll deal with him, Ill wring his neck!'

Oh my gosh! I shook my head imagining if those things happened. The world is about to end for me and for him if he do that. Does he even know what he's saying? Yeon Seok's family owns a big business, they won't be quiet if someone from their family is hurt. This is getting huge and starting to get out of hands.

'Oppa please, I told you..'

I closed my eyes tightly thinking of the worst possibilities. Fixing this takes a lot of courage, which I don't have. I can face all sorts of problem if its just me and no one will be affected. Weighing my options is hard.

'You know I'll do it MinYoung. How could he drag your name easily on this? I've been protecting you all this time, we've been trying our best, sacrificing for us to have a quiet life and in just a snap he had you broadcasted to the world just like this?'

I took a deep breath, understanding what he said. I almost teared up realizing how much JaeUck truly cares for me. Have I been selfish, worrying about his work when well in fact he also wants a normal relationship?

'Miyanhe oppa, miyanhe.' It hit me hard this time how JaeUck is will sacrifice everything for me. 'I promise I'll take care of this today, give me this day and I'll do my best.' I assured him with conviction.

'I don't want to have you face this alone Minyoung, but since you ask for it, I'll give you a chance. Know that I'm not afraid of them Minyoung. I'm not also afraid to loose my place in the industry..'

I know, I found out he owns several building, he has shares in huge corporations, partnership with friends who owns restaurant, hotel and bars. He knows where to put his money. He lives a prudent and quiet life but he has secured his lifetime well enough.

'Let's not keep our relationship secret anymore ah Minyoungie? Do as oppa says. Please be brave and do it for me. I'll go home and try to rest and I'll do my best not to bother you today and hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, I don't have to ask sajangnym to make a press release about us. Is that okay with you? I'm not asking too much right?'

I took a deep breath, gathering all my strength. 'I'll do well oppa!'

'Daebak, that's my jagi. Call me okay? If its getting too much for you. I'll save you!.'

'Gomowo oppa for always staying by my side.'

'Hmm..'

My heart warmth thinking of his smiling face in the other line.

'Saranghae Park Minyoung. Fighting!'


'Minyoungie, are you sure you're going to do this?' Jessica was shaking while fixing my skirt.

I knew it. I myself is having doubts about what I'm planning to do, but I have to remind myself JaeUck is trusting me to do this and I also want to prove that I am worth's JaeUck's sacrifices for us. Fighting Minyoung! I told myself countless times.

'Are you really not with Yeon Seok-ssi? Why would he make an announcement about that? You're pretty and Yeon Seok-ssi is handsome as well, you two look good together so why deny it? You can just admit it Minyoung.'

I rolled my eyes.

'I'm just worried Minyoung. What if their family do something bad to you?'

'That's why I'm telling this to you Jessica, it's definitely not true. There's nothing going between us. We we're a thing in the past but not anymore.'

Jessica looked at me, fear in her eyes. She knows I'm up against a powerful person but I'm determined to go through this. Jessica didn't comment anymore and continued fixing my outfit. I can't believe Yeon Seok was waiting for my call to cleared up the matter. I don't know what to think of him. So if I called after a year he just won't do anything about it?

'What if he abducts you Minyoung for telling the truth?'

'If you don't hear from me after midnight, call JaeUck-ssi..' I quickly turned my eyes away from her, I'm really not a good liar and she will know just by looking into my eyes.

'Oh?' The curious cat in Jessica's head is running again and of course since its about JaeUck she's always interested.

'He told me he's friends with a police director.' Totally not true, but yeah, tonight is not the right time to admit to Jessica about my relationship with JaeUck. I have to fix Yeon Seok issue first. 'When you tell him, be calm okay?'

Jessica gave me a piercing look, not satisfied with what she was hearing.

'Ahm..you know I'm not comfortable bothering JaeUck-ssi, we're not that close with him but I just remember him saying that..so yeah, it's kinda off to ask for his help.' As much as I want to resolve this issue on my own, I have to rely on others for my safety. I know what I can do and what I can't. 

'This is really difficult MinYoung, but if this is what you want to do to resolve it, then I'll help you.'

I took hold of Jessica's arm. 'Thank you Sica, I owe you a lot.'

'Really? Does it mean I can collect payment for this?'

I hit her arm. 'Ya, just continue with my wardrobe.Yeon Seok's men will be coming soon.'

This is a gamble because at the end no one wins here. Regardless, this is the only way to make things right and for us to be free. Looking at both sides, it can be winning or loosing but it entirely depends on how you take things after. I remember what JaeUck said, not all good thing happens in life, but you can still be happy if you choose to be. I choose my happiness, JaeUck. I have to take risk and conquer my fear. I just want all of this done so we can move on with our lives.

At exactly 9pm, Yeon Seok's men entered my office with Jessica, who looks small behind this bulking muscled men in black coat and slack, we are going to the building owned by the Yoos. I only have 3 hours left before JaeUck move. I can't believe how my simple life got entangled with this known people. I never want to be in the spotlight, much more mess with a congloromate family. I only wanted to work 8 to 10 hours a day, drink coffee, go home to Leon, same routine everyday.

And now where am I? I am between two famous people and tonight the spotlight is on me. If only I could erase this night in the memory of everyone, I would. How I wish JaeUck is a simple office worker or an engineer or a pet groomer. I can only hope he live quiet life like mine and that if we decide to be together, get married and have kids, go somewhere we want, do whatever we wish in public, it doesn't matter to anyone. But it is not the case. He is Kim JaeUck. He lives in limelight for 17 years. All his moves are watched, everything about his life matters to a lot of people who knows him not only in Korea but in the entire world.

I left my phone with Sica, and made sure it's off. I'd rather Sica kept it than leave it with Yeon Seok's security team. I still don't know how will I leave the place later or if even I would be able to leave.

Wearing a light blue silk dress, with a slit in the side reaching my mid-thing, I started walking to the back of the hotel, with the security team leading me. Once we entered the building two men escorted me to a hotel room where Yeon Seok is waiting for me. The only sound I can hear is the clicking of my heels against the floor making my heart pound more. We will go to a private conference in one of the hotel's meeting rooms. Only the media outlet owned by the Yoo are invited but there are many reporters waiting outside the hotel. I still don't get why supposedly private matters like this should be publicized. Yeon Seok said it could affect the stocks of their company. I really don't get why. I think that people should invest not because of the name but because of capacity to lead.

We stood in front of the hotel room and one of the security men knocked. I kept my senses alert when Yeon Seok appeared in the door. I couldn't hide my disgust upon seeing him. He nodded at me and started walking to which I followed along side with him. One security men followed us.

I was thankful Yeon Seok didn't talk along our way. I'll probably lost my control with all my anger inside. We already talked in the phone and he gave me instruction on what I should say. I regreted wearing sleeveless, the cold air inside the hotel makes me shiver more adding to my nervousness. I can hear the soft murmuring as we go near a room. No matter how I tried to breath deep my heart keeps on pounding fast, this will probably not stop. Two huge doors immediately opened from our side. It was a huge meeting room with a platform in front. The sound of camera shots immediately filled the room as soon as we walk in. Some security personnel shouted for the reporters to remain in their place.

I took a deep breath as I stand in the middle of the platform with Yeon Seok on my side. I clasped my hands in front of me, and keep my head down. Yeon Seok whispered to keep my head up for the photographers. I looked around trying to accomodate all the photographers, Yeon Seok held my elbow as he ushered me which side to look at. I was looking in the center when I noticed someone smiling at me instead of taking photo. I immediately turned to Yeon Seok who thankfully was talking to his security. I was stunned when I saw manager Lee in front with a camera in his hand. Wearing an all black suit and slacks and white a media ID hanging in his neck just like the others. He winked at me and signed okay with his hand and continued talking pictures again. I hid my smile looking at manager Lee wearing a formal attire for the first time. He's always in jeans or shirts with JaeUck who is really just casual all the time when off from work. I know JaeUck said he'll let me take care of things for now, but I really appreciate how he has one of his team here tonight. I don't know how they did it but I'm glad manager Lee is here. I really should be good with JaeUck right?

'Anyeong haseyo, Yoo Yeon Seok imnida.'

I turned to Yeon Seok who is now in the middle of the platform. My heart started pounding again, bringing back my senses to my current situation.

'Thank you everyone for coming here and taking the time to hear our side with the rumours that went out last night. First we would like to apologize for keeping matters private to you. We never thought that the people will be interested...'

I wish I could just roll my eyes at how confident Yeon Seok is narrating in front of people as if it's true. Yeon-Seok countinued his speech, I didn't fully understand everything he said my mind was filled with the speech I memorized.

'...Minyoung-ssi and I met in LA while we were in college. Like normal couples we have our ups and down. The photos released were taken lately while we were out. I hope you will understand and will give us the privacy we deserve. Our family is busy preparing for the wedding and I will be officially taking over the business after the ceremony. We hope you understand.' he turned to me with a warning look in his eyes. 'Minyoung-ssi?'

He took a step back allowing me to speak in front of the microphone.

I bowed slightly. 'Anyeong haseyo, Park Minyoung imnida.' I looked at manager Lee mouthing 'fighting' at me. I took a deep breath. 'I know it's already late and cold outside and everyone is here to listen to what Yeon Seok-ssi and I have to say. Kre, Yeon Seok-ssi and I met in college in LA and started dating. Being in another place far from family and friends, we found console in each other. Life in a strange place was difficult, I graduated and went back to Korea while Yeok-Seok was left in LA to continue studying business. We were young then and between the times we were not together we met someone else...' I continued my speech and it seems everyone was waiting for every word but I was interrupted by an old woman in the right side in front. She raised her hand and didn't wait for approval to speak.

'Is it true that you are cheating on Yoo Yeon-Seok?'

The murmuring started and the old woman was approached by the security and was led outside. I look at Yeon Seok wondering if this was okay, I was not informed there will be questions from the media but he just shook his head and his angry eyes look at me.

'Park Minyoung-ssi, can you answer that?' It was manager Lee who requested making me confused. I looked at Yeon Seok again but two security was keeping him from going towards me. What is happening? My eyes moved to Yeon Seok looking at me intently. Warning me not to answer any questions.

'Park Minyoung-ssi' manager Lee called again. 'You were seen several times with Kim JaeUck-ssi.'

Everyone hissed at the mention of JaeUck's name. I almost cough while I try to answer manager Lee's question. Oh my gosh, manager Lee is ruining my plan. This is too early. I can get out of this situation without dragging his name.

'Miyanhe for saying this here, but ne. Yeon-Seok-ssi ended our relationship while in college, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Kim JaeUck-ssi and I are seeing each other. You can ask him more about it. I'm -' I was about to add more when security came budging the door and went directly to where Yeon Seok is. They hit the men holding Yeon Seok and the fight had started. The photographers remained in their place taking shots of the chaos. It was a complete mess. Some where shouting and hotel staff started to fill the room.

Before I could even find a place to hide someone already took a hold of my hand and pulled me.