Caught

Forgotten Secret

'Omma stop it!' I continued hiding in JaeUck's back pulling his shirt as omma tries to hit me with her bag.

'Come out, don't hide there. You brat! Is this why you never went home?'

I shouted when Omma raised her bag waiting for it to hit me but it didn't came. I heard a groan from JaeUck and saw that his arm was hit.

'Omoenim miyanhe!' JaeUck bowing down to omma. 'I don't want MinYoung to get hurt!'

Aww.. I want to hug him. I pulled his shirt wanting him to stand straight but he remained in 90 degree.

Omma ignored him and walked to the couch. 'Come out MinYoung, I will not leave without talking to you.'

I turned to JaeUck, shaking my head. He shouldn't join us, this should be a talk between me and omma.

'I'm part of the reason why your omma is mad at you, let's face her together. Don't worry, if I have to kneel down I would do it just to get her approval.'

I took his hand, touched by his concern. I quickly let go of his hand upon seeing omma's piercing look on us.

We sat carefully in the couch in front of omma.

'Ommeonim miyanhe...' JaeUck started and he immediately kneel in front of omma with his head bowed.

'Ya!' I hissed pulling his arm, he doesn't need to kneel.

'Miyanhe ommeonim, I know I should have introduced myself from the time MinYoung and I started dating. Please give me another chance.'

I rolled my eyes at omma when I heard her snarled at JaeUck.

'Oppa..' I whispered at JaeUck who just ignored me.

'Is it true MinYoung you are dating this guy?'

I pressed my hand together, playing with my fingers, I couldn't look straight at omma so I keep my head down.

'Ne omma..' I answered softly. I immediately dock when I saw her raised her bag again.

'Aigooo...'

I can feel her disappoint but, hey, I'm already 33, I'm allowed to date. I noticed her watching JaeUck while her arms was crossed in front of her. She looks like those mother-in-law in dramas.

'Are you clinging to this man just because his handsome?'

'Bwo??!' what kind of question is that? I'm her daughter, she should think better of me. I silently kicked JaeUck when I saw him biting his lower lip supressing a laugh.

'Aigoo...MinYoung. I'll probably die early because of you. Get me some water!' she commanded hitting her chest.

Before I could even stood up, JaeUck is already in the kitchen, getting some water. He was moving quickly as if his feet is on fire. Aish, why can't omma understand? Well, I admit I was wrong for having JaeUck sleep at my place tonight and I have no intention of telling her, it's not even the first time. She will probably bald me if I told her that.

'Ommeonim.' JaeUck gave the water to omma with his head bowed.

'Go sit down.' she commanded without even saying thanks for the water. I can't believe omma is acting this way.

I raised my eyebrow at JaeUck for sitting at the end of the couch far from me. JaeUck cleared his throat and introduced himself.

'Kre. I recognized you. Do you know what you brought my daughter by tagging her into your life?!'

'Omma!' trying to make her stop.

'Miyanhe ommeonim, I'll protect MinYoung well.' JaeUck was seated straight, with hands on his knees. 'She won't be harmed.'

How could he be so sweet?

'And you MinYoung, how could you date someone who have kissed a lot of girls in dramas?'

I closed my eyes, calming myself. I'm going crazy with these two. When I turned to me, I start feeling mad and when I turn to JaeUck I turn all soft towards him. Aigoo..

'Its just work ommeonim, I don't feel anything with them. With MinYoung it's different...'

My eyes turned big realizing what he just said. Did he just admitted that we kissed? I shook my head realizing its too late for that, with what omma saw when the door opened I guess she already knew, its more than kissing. I palmed my face, covering my heated cheeks.

'If you want ommeonim I won't accept romance dramas..'

'Ya!' I kicked him, how could he say that? I understand him, that's his work just like how I have to do things I don't like.

There were more scolding from omma before she left, I guess she realized she can't do anything but to accept us.


'Thank you MinYoung for coming here. I feel like I needed a drink tonight. Work have been stressing me lately.' Joon-Gi oppa said.

I immediately came to the bar when he texted. I wonder when Joon-Gi oppa will find a girlfriend so he'll have someone to take care of him. I was about to make a toast with him when I saw a familiar face looking at us. I looked at away and drunk what's left in my glass.

'Hyung!' Joon-Gi stood up when he noticed Yeon-Seok.

I continued ignoring him. I have forgiven him but I would never forget how he treated me before. I've been in a short relationship with Yeon-Seok when I was in college in LA. I met him in a Korean group in the university. He was famous, since he was rich, their family owns an apartment near school. Everytime I see him, my mood turn sour.

'Are you getting drunk Joon-Gi?' Yeon-Seok tapped Joon-Gi's back. I remained silent in my seat, wishing he'll go away and leave us alone.

'Just relaxing hyung. Why don't you join us?' Joon-Gi turned to me and I just shrugged my shoulder as if I could still do something about it since Joon-Gi already invited him. It was not a secret to Joon-Gi that Yeon-Seok and I had a past but he didn't know why we broke up. I remained silent from the time Yeon Seok joined us. I shouldn't have come. I tried to message JaeUck but he didn't reply, he was probably not done with work today.

Joon-Gi was already slurring his words so I told him we should head home. 'I'll call a taxi Joon-Gi oppa.'

'I brought my car Minyoung, I'll just drop off you two.'

'Nevermind, we're out of your way.' I insisted and dialled my phone but Yeon-Seok was already pulling Joon-Gi out of the bar.

I opened the door in the back seat for Yeon-Seok as he slowly put down Joon-Gi.

'I can just a call a taxi for myself.'

'Ya, don't be too harsh on me MinYoung.' Yeon-Seok opened the door in the front seat. 'Have you not forgiven me yet? It's been a long time and besides I'm a change man now. Let's be friends again.' I took a step backward when he pinched my cheeks, smiling at me as he walk to the driver's seat. I remained silent inside the car completely ignoring him. I wish I could just completely forgot how he played with my feelings way back in college. He was my first boyfriend, I dedicated my time and effort to him. I was so naive that time, thinking what we have was pure. I ignored everyone's warning of how playboy he is and continued to believed him. I almost failed a subject then found out that he was seeing someone else and a Korean also. I wished him all bad lucks for cheating me but I guess not all wishes are granted. He is now director of their company and I heard he will replacing his father soon as CEO. Their family runs a mobile company and other real estate business making them and him more famous.

'Is your boyfriend that strict that he doesn't want you talk with other guys?'

I frowned turning to him. 'I don't have a boyfriend.' I told him flat. My frown deepened when he laugh.

'Ah..' he slowly nodded 'Arasso..arasso..it's a secret right?'

Does he know? It's possible, they're rich he could've paid someone to follow me. But why would he do that? We're through a long time, the decision was mutual and actually favored him more. 'You're just wasting you're time Yeon-Seok.'

'Aigoo..what would ommeonim say if she heard you being disrespectful?'

Over my dead body I will never call him 'oppa'. Those are meant for good guys.

'You're dating Kim JaeUck, don't deny it.' Yeon-Seok smirked at me.

I was rooted in my seat, not expecting that he'll mention JaeUck's name. I took a deep breath looking outside the street as the car moves.

'If you're a good girl, I'll tell you how I found out and keep it secret as well, just like what you want. Shall we make a deal?'

I ignored his last remark and gave direction to Joon-Gi's house which is already near. I continued mum on our way to my place. His humming with the car radio's music irritates me more. If I could just jump in the window I would, but that would just make me look idiot. As soon as the car halt in my place, I immediately went out but he still caught me. I raised my eyebrow at how close he was standing in front of me.

'It was nice seeing you again.' Patting my head which I quickly shooed making him laugh giving me a scare. 'At least now, you won't be ignoring me anymore.'

I walked away from him, I could feel his gaze on my back but I didn't look back. When I got home,my phone beeped and I opened the message. Instead of a message a photo was sent, it was of the university I went to in LA. I deleted the photo, it was wrong sent.


Jessica cleared and continued with her presentation. I secretly scanned the people in the room. My assistant seating at the other side of me keeps looking between me and JaeUck while the rest would keep their eyes at JaeUck. Arasso, I understand all of you. No one is really immune with JaeUck's presence, I, myself still have to control everytime I see him. I moved my eyes to Jessica who keeps on twirling the ends of her hair while presenting. I looked at her hard, warning her with my eyes to do well. She smiled shyly.

'Ya Sica!' I called her attention.

'Ne sajangnim?' Jessica asked sweetly that I almost choke.  'Did you like my report?'

I sighed. They are hopeless. I looked at JaeUck who was looking at me before turning to Jessica. 'I like the designs Sica.'

'Kyaaa..JaeUck oppa, you're really kind!' I could almost see her toes curling. 'We like it when you're here..' others agreed as well. Who wouldn't like if he's here? I;m sure they've been talking behind my back for frequently seeing JaeUck in the office. Good thing my staff knows how to respect privacy.

I rolled my eyes at them, hitting the table with my hand. 'Guys let's concentrate please in the meeting.' I turned to JaeUck 'JaeUck-ssi you're clearly a distraction to my team by sitting here in the meeting.'

'How could that be? I'm doing nothing. Just ignore me guys and concentrate on your meeting be -

All of us turned our attention to my phone vibrating at the table, I just dismissed the call. My phone rang again just when our meeting ended.

'Yeoboseyo?'

I could hear silence in the other line. I looked at my phone to see if it's still connected and it was. I ended the call since no one was talking in the other line and got a message after. I frowned when I saw the image sent, it was the photo of the frat house in the university. I immediately deleted the photo and turned to JaeUck, worried that he might see it. Good thing he was talking with Jessica. 

My day continued by it was preoccupied by the photos I received. It doesn't seem to be wrong sent, the photos have something to do with me. Who could've sent it? Joon-Gi oppa? I reminded myself to talk to him once his back from Taiwan. 

My hectic day ended at JaeUck's apartment, us watching a movie. After the incident with omma, we stay in his apartment often. I couldn't just change the passcode cause she'll just bug me that I'm hiding something. I'm still amazed at how neat JaeUck's place is, which only has two colors - black and white. Even his pets are black and white and yes, he loves black and white. I was sitting beside him with my head leaning on his shoulder and my legs dangling on his left leg. His hand soothing my arm is drawing me to sleep. His nose rested on the top of my head. My arms circling his waist.

'Oppa, did you send fruits to omma again?' I asked softly, his sides. 

'Ne. Wae? Did ommeonim said something?'

'She's been ranting that her house would soon look like a fruit stand. She must be making me envious ah?'

He tapped my arm. 'Understand your omma she just misses you, let's visit her when both of us have open schedule. She's been sending foods to me.'

'Oh?' I looked at him smiling. 'That's why the foods in your fridge taste familiar.' 

JaeUck picked up my phone on his side when it rang. I sat up to answer it but no one answered. 

'Looks like you've been getting a lot of spam call lately?'

'Ne. I even thought of changing my number but I'm worried about those clients who knows this number.' I looked at the number and noticed it was the same number who had been calling me.

'Just block it.' Which I did. 
 

'Miyanhe Sica, the client had a lot of request I was not able to leave early.' I was catching my breath when I sat down in front Jessica. We decided to meet in a restaurant nearby, both of us are working outside the office today.

'It's okay MinYoung, but I won't stay long. I have an appointment as well.' She took a folder 'Here's the plan..' Jessica started explaining the request of the buyer.

'Are they going to supply the fabrics Sica? This seems to be imported, we don't have the time to look for this kind.'

'I'll check on them and let you know. But this one..' pointing to the other photo 'we have stocks of this.'

'Okay.' I browse through the draft agreement ignoring the message beep of my phone. ' Do you know when is the deadline? I still have to check if we have enough people.' I looked at Jessica wondering why she was silent. 'Ya!' I took my phone she was trying to open.

'What? I was trying to help you, you know, so you can review the agreement more..' And she can browse through my gallery? She trying to fish photos of me and JaeUck. She had been giving me weird looks everytime JaeUck is in the office. She's been bugging me a lot about JaeUck but I am firm on my decision not to tell her. She's the person who can't keep a secret. Whatever she thinks as long as I don't confirm that is fine. I opened my phone and felt the tightening of my fingers and the beating of my heart speed up as soon as I saw the photo. I turned to look at Jessica watching me while drinking her tea.

'What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost.'

I shook my head gathering my thoughts. 'It's nothing.' I hit my chest trying to ease it, slowly easing my breath. 'I have to go now Sica.' I quickly gathered my things. I need to be alone and think. Why are they sending me these photos and who is the person behind this?

'That quick? I thought I was the one leaving first?' Jessica started gathering her folders too.

'Ani, just stay here until you're done. Ah..' I look away 'I have an emergency.'

'What? Do you need my help? Is it ommeonim? JaeUck oppa?'

'Ya! Stop obsessing with JaeUck okay?'

'Omo! You're the jealous type MinYoung?'

I ignored her teasing and left. I continued to walk  not knowing where I am headed, all I can think about is the photo of JaeUck's business card. It was the same as what he left for me in the room 11 years ago. I entered the convenience store, pick an item absently and paid it. I sat in the high chair looking outside, my mind was completely blank, I was holding on my phone tightly. Someone knocked off my bag in the table, spilling the folders in the floor, awakening my thoughts. I quickly pick the folders with the help of the stranger who knocked my things.

'Kwenchana?' she pointed on the rice cake in my blouse.

'Oh?' oh my gosh, I was a mess. I grabbed tissues in the table and picked the rice cakes that was stuck in my blouse. ''Kamsahamnida.' I smiled at her and went back to my seat. I closed my eyes for a while and gathered my thoughts. I shouldn't be like this. I took a deep breath and dial the number who sent the image.

'Took you so long MinYoung..'

'Yeon Seok?'

Fear struck me as I heard his voice in the line but I was also seeing him standing in front of me just outside the convenience store. I ended the call when I saw him entered the convenience store. I took a deep breath wanting to calm myself, I feel like bursting anytime. My mind is confused. What does he want? Why is he doing this?

'What do you want Yeon Seok?' I immediately ask once he took the seat beside me. I took a bite of my rice cake, trying to sound brave. 'I have a lot of things to do today, so say what you want.' I looked straight ahead.

He placed several photos in the table. 'You pick.' I scowled at him before looking at the photos in the table. Few photos of me and JaeUck laughing together while we were in a restaurant, another one was when we were sitting in one of the bench in the park and I was holding his face kissing him, the last photo was when he followed me in Japan, we walked early in the morning along the cherry blossoms tree. He was putting a flower in my head. JaeUck's face was partially covered since he would usually wear a cap or mask when we go out. No one recognized him those time but with these photos it was easy to tell it was him. My face was clearly shown us well. The only thing I could be thankful for is that I look good in the photos.

I turned to the other photos he just place. It was a photo of me with Yeon Seok, it was outside my apartment when he drop me off, he was pinching my cheeks. Another photo was taken when we were drinking with Joon-Gi but Joon-Gi was not included in the photo. Yeon Seok was refilling my glass with beer and he was smiling at me. When you look at our photo, one could easily think something is going in between us unless they know what really happens.

'What is this all about Yeon Seok?' I can feel my blood boiling inside me. 'Do you want to destroy me? Is this revenge? What are these for?' pushing the photos to him.

I flinched when he grab my arm and pulled me to him 'You are dating that man Minyoung? And does he know that it was you in the frat house? I wonder how he'll react if he knows the girl he's dating is hiding something from him.' My breath hitched with the way his hold tightened my arm. For the first time, I feel scared of Yeon Seok. I wonder what happened to him and why he is acting this way. 'I need someone like you, good at keeping secret.'  He looked at me sarcastically before letting me go. 'Hmm..shall I tell JaeUck-ssi about you?'

I was rooted in my seat and felt like everything stop. Everything in my body could hardly move, my eyes was absently following his every moves as he gathered the photos and fixed his coat. 'Follow me, let's talk somewhere private.' The sound of the door chimes broke my thoughts. I quickly followed Yeon Seok who is already outside.

Yeon Seok knows JaeUck and I are dating and he has photos. Yeon Seok knows what happened between me and JaeUck. As to how? Would that still matter? He has all the proof that he knows. Knowing JaeUck looked for me and that I have known from the very beginning yet never told him made me worried more. We've been dating for almost a year and I have never said a word about it. Is it bad? Will JaeUck get mad?

'Eat.' Yeon Seok moved a bowl of ramen in front of me. I can't believe how he can eat so calm with what just he told me earlier. I hope all his food stuck in his throat.

I shook my head and instead pick up the glass of water in front of me. I was somehow thankful Yeon Seok thought of eating here, the short walk gave me time to gather my thoughts. I looked at him intently as he chew his foods. Should I stab him at his throat? 'Tell me what you want.' I told him.

'Why? Are you going to give it to me?' He looked at me from head down to my chest.

'Tss! You know you can have all the girls you want Yeon Seok, don't fool me you're not after my body.'

Yeon Seok laugh so hard making him cough. 'Ah, I envy JaeUck, someone makes him laugh often.' He was dabbing his eyes with tissue. He took a deep  breath and looked at me. 'I gave you choices MinYoung. Pick me' he laid our photos in the table 'or pick JaeUck.' and laid the photos of me and JaeUck.

My eyes turned round on him. Is he seriously going to ask that? He already knows my answer.

'If you pick me, I'll keep your secrets. You dating JaeUck and what happened in LA.'

I shook my head, he is really unbelievable.

'If you pick JaeUck. You know what that means right?'

'I can't believe you are this desperate Yeon Seok, I thought you said you're a changed man.'

'I am, that's why I'm doing this.' raising his glass at me. 'You don't have to know everything, just do what needs to be done.' He started fixing his coat. 'Let me know of your decision soon. You don't want to keep me waiting MinYoung. Who knows what I'll do when I wait..' he patted my head before leaving.

I have been restless, no, not restless, about to go crazy since the day I talked to Yeon Seok. Every time I wake up to a new day is like a bomb ticking on he's next move. Yeon Seok never called me again nor did we meet and that's what makes it more frightening. JaeUck is in Busan for a week. There's a festival where his band will perform and shows he need to shoot as well. Ah, I miss him so bad. I was sleeping in his apartment every night without him knowing. I smiled as I saw our pets playing with each other in the floor. I wish life was that simple. I look at the wall clock and wonder what time will JaeUck call.

I tried to weigh my options and both we're unbeneficial. Whether you choose the other one or not, you still die. It's just right to tell JeaUck about what happened in LA, I'm sure he will forgive me, right? He might get mad at the beginning but I'm sure he'll let it go eventually. I should tell him as soon as he comes and tell Yeon Seok that he can post my photo with JaeUck if he wants. I trust JaeUck true fans to be understanding of him just as what Jessica said.

'Yeoboseyo?' I answered half-asleep.

'Minyoungie...'

I smiled when I heard his voice. 'Oppa.' I looked at the wall clock and its already 2am, I wonder what time I feel asleep.

'Bogoshipuh. Na bogoshipuh?'

I teared up hearing his soft voice. 'Nado nuh bogoshipuh oppa' I sniffed. 'When are you coming back?'

'Aigoo, why is Minyoungie crying? Who made you cry jagi?' I could almost feel his arms around me and his soft kiss on top of my head just by the way he said those.

'JaeUck oppa.'

He laugh which made me laugh as well while I'm crying. I'm really getting crazy.

'You're scary jagi, laughing while crying. Are you by any chance pregnant? I was told that's cause by hormones.'

'Ya! How could you say that oppa? Do you want to be a father in the middle of your career?'

'Not bad Minyoung.'

'Tss, we already have 3 babies and its becoming hard to raise them. Moorang and Leon was quarelling earlier.'

'Are you in my apartment?'

'Ne, I miss you that bad. I took your babies from ommeonim the other day and brought them home.'

'Good you were able to visit omma.'

'Ne, it was a long talk.' I heard him yawned 'Go rest now oppa, I'll wait patiently here.'

'Good night Minyoung, I'll call you again tomorrow and tell you about tonight.'

'Oppa...' I hesitated.

'Ne?'

'Saranghaeyo' I whispered. It was my first to tell him.

It was silent in the other line, I thought he already ended our call.

'But why are you whispering? besides you should have told that to me when I can see you Minyoung.' I could hear teasing in his voice.

'It's embarassing oppa. I'll tell you again when we see each other.'

'Arasso and I'll tell it to you even if you get tired hearing it.'

I smiled thinking I will never get tired hearing him say it.

'I'll say it louder here..'

'Ya, don't do that! Your band mates will hear you, that's embarassing, they will tease me about this once I see them.'

'Saranghaeyo Park Minyoung.'

He did said it loud. I can hear his band mates teasing him just as expected.


I arrived in the office late the next day. My phone died and I forgot to charge it, I was mad at myself since I need to make a call with a supplier. When I went to the parking lot, I found out my front tire was flat. I hope the day doesn't end as bad as it started.

'Oh my gosh Minyoung I was calling you several times this morning.' Jessica closed the door loudly making me jolt. 'Sorry..sorry..but we have a problem Minyoung, our phone just won't stop ringing. I tried calling you -'

'My phone died, I'm going to charge it.' I noticed Jessica was being unusual today. Her forehead was creased and its too early to be worried about work.

'Yes charge it but don't open it.'

I look at her confused. I sat on my chair and opened my laptop which Jessica immediately closed. 'Ya! What's wrong with you?'

'This!' she showed me her phone.

Director Yoo Yeon Seok of Yoo Group Dating A Celebrity Stylist